“Great place to stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bass Lake Campground

Bass Lake Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyndon Station
Bass Lake Campground
You added Bass Lake Campground to your Saves list
N1497 Southern Rd., Lyndon Station, WI 53944   |
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
“Great place to stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family and I have been going here for years and find that the smaller campground is very suitable for us. I love the fact that no matter where I am, my kids are close by (whether it be the pool, the playground, the sand by the pond, etc...). My kids cannot get enough of the place and always ask to go back! I see others' reviews and cannot believe people complain about things as petty as mosquitos... aren't they anywhere there are trees or ponds? I see someone recently posted about large campers not fitting at this campground. We have a 38' Wildwood and have never had a problem getting into our site. I suppose that having some experience driving around a camper would be helpful, but poor driving experience should not be held over the campground's head. Another complaint in a previous post was in regards to cars and golf carts parked by the pool. I've noticed that the guests doing this appear to be elderly or disabled and can't do alot of walking. I didn't find this to be much of an inconvenience to me. Over the years I have seen great improvements throughout. The addition of the pool and tiki bar are personal favorites! The cleanliness of the campground meets my expectations. Overall this campground is a great value for the vacationing family!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Burlington, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you have a large camper please do not stay here!!! We have a 35 ft. travel trailer and knowing how hard it is to get into some sites we called ahead of time to make sure they could accommodate a large camper and they told us we wouldn't have a problem. When we arrived this was not true. While going to our site we clipped a car with the back of our camper while taking a nearly 90 degree turn. When we went to the office to tell them about what happen and that they shouldn't allow cars to park there. ( It was near the pool so people would just park cars and golf carts along the road there so they didn't need to walk. ) The office was very rude to us and they told us it wasn't their fault that people park there and they can't make people not park there. It would've been tight turn with someone with a lot smaller trailer through there with everyone parking there. The pool was filled with what seemed to be salt water. The reason we picked this campground was to go fishing and we were also told that they had great fishing and that their lake was "stocked" with plenty of fish. We did catch fish but most were about 2 to 3 inches long. There are a lot of other campgrounds that we have stayed at in the area but wanted to try a new campground. Please stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Streamwood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have stayed at Basslake for several years now, and can't wait to go back every year! It is a great campground! Very clean, owners are very nice and has a little bit of everything to make your stay enjoyable. As for the negative reviews regarding bugs.... Bring a mosquito net or stay indoors because bugs are all part of the camping experience. I would highly recommend this campground!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Wauconda, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was our first stay at Bass Lake, but we've camped in the Dells every summer for 7 or 8 years. This is a nice clean and quiet campsite with very close proximity tot he Dells, but far enough that you aren't in the hustle and bustle of it all. Water levels were low this summer, so sadly, we couldn't take advantage of any fishing or boating on their little lake.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
oconomowoc, wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Ok, first off this was our 2nd stay at bass lake. We found the place through another couple who have stayed here numerous times. Its 5-6 miles outside of the dells and very affordable.

We have always stayed in one of the cabins as i am just not a tent kinda guy! the cabins very a little bit but most have 4 bunk beds and a fold out or bed of some kind. This is great value for $90 a night. Really where can you stay in the dells with a family for that price!!

The property features a small lake with a sandy beach and a bit larger lake. Both are decently stoked for fishing. there is great pool with a tiki bar. A great place for the kids to swim and place for the adults to have cocktail and relax. there is also a game room.

The owners are great and always around if there is an issue. You can tell they are working upgrading things as they go. There are new grills at each of the cabins, a new bed in each of the units, etc. The seem to really care about your expierence!

I strongly recommend this place- but please consider camping in a tent site, so i can still get a cabin when i want to go again next year!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

In the last couple of years I have stayed at Bass Lake Campground three times. Twice in cabins, and once in one of their park models. Really a great value for the money. Bathrooms are always clean, showers too. Nice pool with a tiki hut bar right there. Nice big gameroom for the kids. The guys who run the place are friendly, helpful, and have always bent over backwards to help me. I have got to know some of the seasonal campers, at least by sight if not by name and all I can say is what a nice bunch of people. The place is a lot of fun and I will certainly be going back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This campground should be renamed Bass Creek Campground. The tent sites are very small and on top of each other. You are 5 feet from the next tent and 5 feet from the next picnic table. The rules are not obeyed nor are the inforced. My wife and I stayed in one of their so called better cabins. The bed was a futon that had 2 inches of fome and was the worst and hardest thing I have ever tried to sleep on. We ended up going out and buying a blow up mattress and sleeping on the floor. The sink did not drain, the stove had 4 burners of which only two would turn on. The bathroom was only big enough for a small skinny person. The shower was nothing more than a hose the dribbled water, hot water for less than 5 minutes. The public showers were used by our tent campers and at any time of the day there was no hot water. Not just a little but no hot water! My brother said it would have been warmer to jump in the creek! I have never stayed at a worst campground. On the plus side, the window ac did work; the fridge did work, and the microwave did work. Other than these good things, this place sucked big time and we will never again come to this joke of a campsite!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bass Lake Campground? Share your experiences!