“Very quiet place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Luck
Joliette, Canada
“Very quiet place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stopped here before take a load (antique snowmobile at luck village ) and I have been surprise of quality of this establishement , this is very quiet and clean place to stay , I recommand this hotel.

Martin Forget Joliette Quebec Canada

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stopped up from the cities great location little over a very pleasant hour away. Called ahead Brenda Lee set up our reservation even had a chance to talk with the owner, says she wants to be a doctor. Had a pool side double queen well appointed and really clean. Pool Hot tub very clean. Wished they had little refrig in the room something to keep the beer, cheese and pop cold. This motel is a gem in the heart of Luck, WI.

Room Tip: Call ahead Brenda Lee enjoys negotiating.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here two nights on a business trip (yes, there are businesses in Luck) in the heart of winter. It was very quiet during the week and the building itself looks a bit old, but beyond appearances, there wasn't much off about the place. The manager was professional and although I had to summon him with a cordless phone unit, he was prompt and helpful. The room was warm as soon as I walked in, the wifi was free and capable, and I got my uninterrupted sleep. The hotel's attached diner is tiny, but served good food.

Overall, I've stayed in nicer hotels (Holiday Inn Express :D), but the quality of my stay at the country inn far surpassed what I'd been expecting. I plan to stay here again next year.

Room Tip: Pool is open until 10:30, so you may want to avoid a poolside room if you hate laughing children.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Charles City, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Room: A little tired, but quiet and very clean. My only complaint is that the sheets were not soft. About two steps up from burlap, actually. I hope that the owners will see this, and will invest in some nicer linens.

Staff: The front desk manager is a total sweetheart. She made us feel like family. When my sweetie was jonesing for a cigarette late at night, on Thanksgiving, she called every retail business in town, trying to find a place that sold cigarettes. It's rare to see that kind of dedication to customer service. The cleaning staff was polite and unobtrusive.

Extras: Fresh doughnuts from the Frederic Bakery were available in the mornings, along with coffee, tea, and hot cocoa. The pool and Jacuzzi were well maintained and clean. The friends we were visiting in town were welcome to join us in the pool area for a nominal fee.

We will definitely return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Senoia, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were having our annual girls weekend and we pick a small town within a couple hours of our home, book a hotel, go out to dinner and find a place that has a band where we can hang out for the evening. There were 15 of us this year so we booked 4 rooms.

We stopped along the way and had dinner and arrived at the hotel around 7pm. My car arrived last so we gathered our stuff and walked into the Lobby where the rest of the girls where. They were all standing there not saying a word. I couldn't figure out what was going on as this group likes to talk! I entered in time to hear the manager telling everyone she needed to have everyones names and which room they were staying in and if we were paying our share of the room with cash, she demanded a copy of their Drivers License. She made everyone write their name on a copy of our bill and sign it. She was very rude and demanding. I found out later that when the rest of the girls arrived at the hotel and came in, they were laughing and joking around and the women greeted them by saying: "This hotel is where families come, not where families are made!!" Unbelievable!!!

As she was collecting everyone's money/credit card/Drivers License, 3 of the 4 girls in one room had paid and the 4th girl was getting her money out to pay and one of the girls asked if she could have a key to that room so they could start bringing their stuff to it and she responded: "Everyone has to pay before you get any room keys." This happened after 14 of the 15 of us had already paid.

Many other rude comments where made by her in the 20 min it took her to check us in.

We were in poolside rooms and the lobby was just down our hall and as we were getting ready to go downtown, she kept coming to the hallway and just glared at us like we were doing something wrong. This all happened prior to 9pm and we only saw one other person by the pool so we weren't disturbing anyone.

Two other girls and myself were the first ones back at 1:30am as the others stayed downtown until 2am when the bar closed. We were quite when we came in and there was a different woman at the desk. We stopped at the front desk to order pizzas they sold behind the counter at the hotel. As we were standing there placing/paying for our order, the phone rang and the women answered and there was no one there. I made a comment joking with her and said: “I guess they decided they didn’t want to talk.” She said: “Oh, I am sure it was just the manager as she is in the room next to you girls and I am sure she heard you out here.” About 2 minutes later, the manager, walked into the lobby and right by us, went back to her office and came out about 30 seconds later and walked back to her room without saying a word to anyone. It was like she wanted us to know she was there. We were not making any noise at all except ordering our pizzas!!

As the others were arriving back to their rooms at 2am, we were looking for two of the girls who hadn’t come back yet so we were walking between rooms, but again, quite in the hallway. Three times, the women on duty, came to the hallway and just glared at us, not saying a word. It was just creepy!! The manager also came back out of her room and glared at us. The hotel was not full and the manager was staying in the room right next to us! Again, creepy!!

The Hotel itself, was very old, but clean. The pool area was nice. I thought it was way too expensive for being in a small town in the middle of Wisconsin. We paid $120 for the room and it didn’t even include a continental breakfast!! Oh, our reservations were made online and we were quoted $99 per night. When we got there, we had to pay an additional $10 per person over two people. I am sure it was in the fine print, but we missed it if it was.

Upon arriving home, I checked the reviews on a few different websites to see if others had similar experiences, the interesting thing about the reviews was the few positive reviews listed were at the top and a few of them were more than 2 years old. Also, we noted, all the 5 star reviews had “no comments” made on them as if someone just placed those reviews to bring up the overall rating. Who writes a review for 5 stars and doesn’t make a single comment? As a reviewer, you would tell everyone the items that made it a 5 star experience.

We will never stay there again and if I were you and you have an option to stay somewhere else, DO IT!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ustadmiang, Owner at Luck Country Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I am really disappointed to hear about your experience at my hotel. Rest assured, I take feedback from my guests very seriously. The staff member in question has been relieved of her position and I hope such a situation will never come up.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I picked up my fiance at the airport from being stationed in South Korea for a year, so I wanted the room to be special and decorated. The staff worked with me and even upgraded us to the honeymoon suite. SO thoughtful and unbelievably kind. My fiance was so surprised and loved the upgrade. Thank you Luck Country Inn!!! Will be staying there every time we need a hotel in Luck.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here one night for a friends reception. Being that this is the only hotel in a small and beautiful town, I was nervous. But its a fantastic place to stay, perhaps a little older but who cares? Clean and cute rooms. Great pool. Nice staff. Highly reccomend!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Luck Country Inn? Share your experiences!