You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton North to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Chute
escanaba
“EXCELLENT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I honestly couldn't think of a negative thing to say about this hotel! It is clean, quiet, and the staff is very friendly! My children are 15, 13, and 11 and enjoyed the waterpark, although it is geared more towards younger children. The free breakfast included hot scrambled eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, waffles, fresh fruit, and the list goes on! We will definetly stay here again! Super fast wifi. No complaints at all!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mommybics

Howards Grove, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed here for 2 days & the staff & manager (Jeff J.) were very hospitible. The first night we had a group of young ladies next door that were talking & giggling into the wee hours of the morning. We complained to the night manager & he warned them to settle down. They did after 2 hours but our night of sleep (3-4 hours) was disrupted. In the morning we talked to Jeff & he rectified the problem for that night. He told us if we had any other problems with the girls that night to call him at home. The girls were VERY quiet. Didn't even know we had anybody next to us. The breakfast (continental) was above average & the staff is very friendly & nice. The cookies & coffee in the lobby are delicious but the main thing is how clean & tidy it is. The water park gave the grandkids hours & hours of fun. There are 2 sections- one for the toddlers & one for everyone else. There is a tube slide that is out of this world that the kids must of went down 50 times one night. It is off the highway but we never heard any traffic noises at night. I would never hesitate to stay there again. In fact we are planning a winter get-away to the exact same place. Kudo to Jeff J. for running a "tight ship"!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank gail d
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Nice and clean hotel. Pool area is very nice. Staff was accomodating. Breakfast is OK.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Brillion
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel was clean, good size room (king/bunk bed suite), pool area was great for my younger kids (6,4, 18m). Would recommend for those w/younger children. Cheaper than other waterparks. We did not have a great experience checking in. We had to wait 30 minutes for our room to be cleaned- we did show up at check in time. My husband and I were fuming, only to find out the last guests smeared yogurt all over the walls and that is why the room wasn't ready yet. The cleaning girl was very apologetic. Really, yogurt on the walls, come on people?! Despite that, we will probably stay again.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Appleton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We loved the Water Park. Myself and my niece enjoyed the waterslides and pool area. Stayed there for several hours. The breakfast was just okay, nothing special. The ladies working in the breakfast room were very friendly and professional. They refilled the food often.
Our problem with the hotel was the linens. We pulled back our bedspreads and found a white blanket with stains all over it. Both beds were the same way!! That is unexceptable!!!!! Buy some new linens, and don't choose white!!!

Room Tip: Ask if they replaced their stained white blankets
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank kimber6_11
Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We came to this town specifically for the Annual Cheese Festival - my husband decided it sounded fun so we drove from Rochester, NY to Little Chute. We probably won't come back into the area again because to me, Wisconsin isn't exactly a booming vacation spot in my mind. It was a nice area though.

Anyway, about the hotel. We booked our stay the night before we left, so we paid more than I wanted to, but well, that's my own fault. I thought the addition of the indoor water park would make up for the extra bump in price, so overall I was okay with that.

The whirlpool is very nice - but we had the same experience as another reviewer here - the kids in the pool were very rowdy and several times toys came flying into the whirlpool with no notice. This was not only unsafe for guests, but a real inconvenience to me as well - after driving for all those hours, I really wanted to relax in the hot tub! I was okay with the noise level, because come on - it's a play area for kids - but also the waterfall masked a lot of the shrieks and such. So that wasn't a problem, it was the having to pay attention to the fact that at any moment a ball could come flying into the adult section. Also, several boys were running around with squirt guns and the whirlpool was getting hit with streams of cold water. Not acceptable. There was a monitor on premises, but she was doing nothing.

The water slide was very odd too - for some reason, the person in charge of it was letting several of the older kids sit at the bottom of it, in the water. My daughter (13) was not interested in going on it because of this - she's self conscious at her age and having 3 boys in the water right as she's coming down a slide was not something she wanted to experience. I thought it was odd that the monitor let these boys sit there - again, it seemed to me to be a safety hazard, though they were set back from the very end of the slide about 2 feet or so.

Overall though, we did enjoy the water area here.

What I didn't like was the free breakfast on the day we checked out - the Sunday of the Cheese Festival. When we came down, the breakfast room was not only full, but almost all of the food was gone and not being refreshed. Seriously, there was nothing there but the waffle maker, a couple of pieces of bread and the cereal. Lots of people were complaining, but no one was doing anything. I went out to the front desk and complained.

Someone did come over almost immediately after that, but the woman was very unprofessional. She was making excuses about how she had other things to do and seemed very put out that there was a room full of guests wanting to eat their morning meal. Of course, as soon as she put out a pan of eggs, they were snatched up immediately and she was rushing back and forth to get everything stocked back up.

I heard that the hotel was full from another staff member. You would think that if that were the case, they would have had experience and realize that the food is going to get eaten into emptiness at breakfast!

The only other complaint I have - and it's not really a complaint, just a strange circumstance - is that the hotel has a new type of system where the heat/air conditioning doesn't come on unless you have a door key stuck in a slot. We were told this is to save on energy costs. Ok. But immediately after being told this, the desk clerk gave us a 3rd key, so we could stick it in the slot and not have to bother with having the a/c go off when we weren't in the room. To me, this seems to defeat the entire purpose of the hotel installing such a system. If I were management, I would discourage this practice - it isn't going to save them any money at all!

We enjoyed our time in Little Chute, and would probably stay in this hotel again. We like this hotel chain and tend to stay within this chain as much as possible when traveling.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

On Saturday, May 14 at 7:00PM A group of excessive behavior people were in a rough-house type of play in the swim pool. I am my wife were in the whirlpool and I was hit in the faced woith a ba;l;l fropm the other pool. Five minutes later I was hit in the side of the face with another ball thrown again by the same young twentyish male out of control agasin. Because the Inn pool guard did nothing about it I went to the front desk and asked to have the roughian removed from the pool. They did nothing.. The roughian told me that I was not his dady and shut the ---- up. This is not the way to run an Inn. I am waitiong for the manager top talk to me. Do I not get protection from roughians. Two other couples thought I was correct so I left the pool areaqs in that I have no protection from such rpough playh as they did not stop it. Their phrase was to "defuse the situatiuon." I did nothing wrong as was coraboirated by the two other couples in the whirlpool. What do you say when an Inn is managed this way.. Poor management.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Comfort Suites
#19 of 39 in Green Bay
4.0 of 5 stars 180 reviews
BEST WESTERN Fox Valley Inn

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Appleton North? Share your experiences!