“Loved this place! Will be back for sure.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waubee Lake Lodge

Waubee Lake Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lakewood
Waubee Lake Lodge
You added Waubee Lake Lodge to your Saves list
18398 Waubee Park Lane, Lakewood, WI 54149   |
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“Loved this place! Will be back for sure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Huge newly remodeled rooms. Super comfortable beds and pillows. Awesome shower. Full kitchen in our room, which was more like a suite! Everything was very clean. Awesome rates. Food is really good. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

If you have reservations good luck when you get there. We had a group of 8 of us that went there to enjoy a nice fun relaxing weekend and this place almost made us want to just go home. We go to check in and they have no reservation for us, coincidently there was a wedding there with a lot of people and guessing their group was more profitable then ours. The place we finally found to stay at said this is a common thing that happens all the time there. The service seems very disorganized, they couldn't even keep dinner reservations straight. We waited a half hour to get in for our RESERVATIONS. Then 45 minutes to even get our meals. They act like its no big deal. We would have never even went there for dinner if one of our friends didn't have a gift certificate. Food was mediocre at best.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

I recently held my wedding at waubee lake lodge this past june, and every one of my guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been too! I will however let u know the negatives and positives. First negatives...Friday we checked into the lodge, whereas my room was ready and gorgeous, unfortunately my fiances was not. All would have been fine but checkin was technically 2 hours prior to this and the front desk lady was rather inconsidrate/rude to him. I made my cake which turned out great, but their bartender, a much older gentleman kept removing it from the refrigerator....this caused my cake and its fondant (3 tiers suited to serve 200) to melt! ( no worries it still was edible and looked acceptable). My fiance spoke with the man who could have cared less, was rude, and continued to remove the cake! Lastly we had a sit down plated dinner....service could have been a bit faster and tear down for the dance faster. For large events, having a few extra servers and staff for teardown is highly recommended. Now for positives....first the value is great! You stay in gorgeous rooms with great views for very affordable prices. The food was great at the rehearsal dinner and phenominal at the wedding....several told me it was the best prime rib and walleye they've ever had! The cost of the sit down dinner was super affordable... there was a cocktail hour outside as we did our grand march by coming in on a pontoon boat! I heard the apps were great as well!
I requested certain ppl have certain cuts of prime rib...as well as long table clothes and risers....all were there! The dance was great!..and russ let us light off fireworks at the end. The evening prior to we had a get together next door at the beachclub to welcome our guests....sandy did a great job with food and accomodations (I highly recommend this place as well). The hall fee was great ( basically nothing and included everything...food and drinks was all so incredibly priced we were able to really treat our guests well! Russ was great, didn't complicate, nitpick or nickel and dime us to death.....
Fyi this venue is unique, intimate, beautiful and classy! However it is in northern woods wisco...so u have to understand its a bit more laid back than your typical wedding venue...all in all my guests and I had an amazing time and i highly recommend this venue...not a single bad comment was made and my guests had the best time. Thanks waubee for everything!

• Stayed June 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at Waubee Lake Lodge and found the room and whole experience to be great. The room was huge had nice amenities and was very reasonably priced. The lodge has nine rooms all with either small balconies or patior overlooking the lake and 8 more rooms that face the parking lot. Get a room facing the lake as they are no more expensive than the other rooms. Rooms have a variety of layouts. Many have separate bedrooms and full kitchens. They have paddle boats and row boats for use with no fee.

Only problem is that our balcony was only a few feet from the dining room's balcony. (this affects any room number ending in a one.) Some type of partition running the height of the lodge would help. We are already planning a return trip.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 02 or 03 have lake views and are away from restaurant deck.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakewood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Five of us ate there last night. We were told an hour wait walking in the door, which I appreciate. That was the best part of the experience. What I did not realize, was that we were going to be seated at a pub table in the bar area after that hour wait. Then it went down hill. Awful waitstaff, although they had plenty of employees wandering around. Did not try the soup, but it looked like slop. Actually, one was empty, the chicken chowder looked like slop. I ordered the 20 oz. rib eye. It arrived at my table cold, full of gristle and about ten ounces in size. There were about six bites in the 20 oz. steak. I ordered it MR. It came out well. I would have told the waitress, but she never came to the table until she delivered my glass of wine--ordered when we ordered the meal--after I completed the mini-steak. What a waste of $22! My wife had the chicken oscar. Tiny chicken fillet. Covered with garlic. The asparagus looked like green beans. Hard to tell if it was asparagus because all it tasted like was garlic. Oh, there was no crab meat with the Oscar. Another member of our party never received his potato. She blamed the kitchen when she delivered the check. Finally, another member ordered the 1/2 rack of ribs. It would have been a good value at $8.95--unfortunately, he was gouged for a lot more than that. We won't be back. Next time we will go to some bar and grill and dine in the bar area--with better food--and a much greater value.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Jackson, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

After an hour wait for a table, we waited another 15 minutes before we saw a waitress. Got our soup but had to go to the bar to get our own drinks, since waitress never brought them. We asked to be moved inside, since the bugs were getting bad, but the hostess said there weren't any tables inside, yet there were three empty tables. Our waitress did move us inside and the hostess came over in a "huff" and asked where we came from and did our waitress know we moved. We waited another 40 minutes (a total of an hour and 10 minutes since we were seated) and went to the hostess to tell her we were upset about waiting so long and we were leaving. She said we would have to pay for our soup and salad, after not even receiving the salad. We asked to see the manager. The manager came out and we again said we were leaving and didn't think we should have to pay for such lousy service. As in the above review, he also tried to tell us we put in our order only 40 minutes before and it wasn't that long of a wait. We tried to tell him differently, but he wouldn't listen, He grabbed the phone and called the POLICE! We paid the $33 bill and he actually told us he would appreciate it if we never came back to the restaurant! Don't worry - We won't ever be back......

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Waubee Lodge is a place that looks impressive in pictures and from the parking lot, but the management inside leaves much to desire.
The wait to check in was about 15 min. The staff member checking me in was quite nice and apologetic.
We went through six keys that didn't work.
Four hours into no electrical power in the rooms, I inquired about the situation by calling the front desk. 30 rings on two different attempts later, a busy bartender answered telling me he had no idea what was going on I then went down to the front desk. This was about 7 pm, and I needed to make the decision whether or not my family and I would take a 3 hour trip home, or stay for the night. I waited approximately 25 minutes, chatting with restaurant guests who had been waiting prior to my arrival. When front desk employee arrived she, too, was quite apologetic and accommodating. She looked into the situation, inquired with the owners, and came back to tell me the owners were too busy to deal with this right now. (It’s worth noting that as I waited at the front desk, someone’s full credit card #, CSV#, and expiration date were hand written on a sheet of paper, on the check-in counter.)
After midnight, I went to inquire about what was available for the lack of lighting. I was told there were no flashlights, but I there should be plenty of candles and matches from the wedding party we attended and that I should get them from the bride. The owner said there were extension cords available, but when we went to get one, we were told that the 50’ cord was all they had, and that was after taking about 20 minutes to find it. This cord was to be used in a hall outlet and was supposed to help provide lighting to a 2-level loft suite. Needless to say, we had to set up our charged computer near the steps for safe lighting, and we lost an iPod as it was used for lighting in the bathroom and dropped by a young child.
I suggested that next time, they may want to notify those of us in the lodge of a situation like this, and provide a source of lighting for the rooms.
Upon check out, there was an insistence of taking my cell phone number (they already had my home phone and email address) and a promise to call the next day. That was two weeks ago and I have not received any correspondence. The bride and groom were told everyone was called and given a discount.
Not once did I ask for a discount or a refund, but only information about the situation and equipment to make the stay in a room with no electricity possible.
I have never been lied to by hospitality staff before. I’ve never been made to feel as though I was inconveniencing a hotel owner/manager. I paid ~$130 to stay at Waubee Lodge.
It is clear to me that the current owners of Waubee Lodge do not value repeat business. They can, however, hire people who seem to work very hard, doing what they can for their employer.
This place is poorly managed and the owners/managers are quite dishonest.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Waubee Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!