“Excellent Hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lake Mills
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Excellent Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed one night and was VERY impressed by the service! My friends & I needed a safe ride home from the downtown area and the owner offered to pick us up! Very accommodating, and the rooms were great!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

I stayed here for a half marathon with some friends. I was blown away by how friendly and great the staff was. We were in need of a safe ride back from the downtown area after some drinks and the owner generously offered to pick us up. I've honestly never had such great and personal service from a hotel. The room itself was pretty standard but it was a great value. Would definitely stay here again for next year's event!!

Room Tip: Ask for adjoined rooms for larger groups
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

Some friends and I stayed at the America's Best Value Inn after participating in a local half marathon. The couple that run the hotel were AMAZING! Top notch service for such a quaint hotel off of the interstate. Rooms were clean and spacious. We had a great time and also enjoyed that they had a wonderful continental breakfast.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

My family and I came in late night as it is conveniently located right off the highway…Our 2 bed room was very clean and the mattress was very comfortable. In the morning we had a very nice breakfast that consisted of much variety…The pool was nice as well. The front desk staff treated us as family. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will come back again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

The room was not clean, walls need paint and holes that need to be patched, toilet did not work well, hair all over sink. The staff was friendly when around and breakfast was basic and clean, pool area was clean however no spa like the sign out front said. It was quiet but it did not seem that there were any other people staying there, however I think some of the staff live there. If I came back to the area I would find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

First impression of the hotel was so/so. There was no one running the front desk. Sign said to pick up the phone to ring someone. All it did was ring the phone behind the front desk... very strange but someone did eventually appear from a back room. Checked into room and the room was okay. A little dirtier than what I would expect from a chain hotel. Bathroom was very gross, paint and plaster falling from ceiling and hair in the corners. Carpets turned my white socks black and chairs were stained with who knows what from guests past. There appeared to be more live-in workers than actual guests over the labor day weekend. Hallways and the room also smelled of cigarette smoke, which in Wisconsin is banned inside hotels. Outside sign advertised a pool and spa, however the pool area only had a pool. It appeared that the spa was blocked off by a makeshift wall. Pool was surprisingly clean compared to the rest of what we experienced. Again, the hotel was a budget hotel however basic necessities of cleanliness for any establishment were lacking. I most likely will not stay again if in the area. Locals in the town also recommend several of the bed and breakfast establishments versus this hotel. Locals do not speak well of this place.

Room Tip: Try to see if a clean one exists
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

I saw that pets were welcome and that played a big part in my decision to stay here. When I checked in, I filled out the form, indicating I had two dogs. Some time later my friends and I were informed that pets were $15/pet per night. I'm not sure we would have stayed there had we known of that rate. The water was awful; yellowish in color and tasted rusty. My tub clogged after a shower. Everything was dated, nothing was plugged in.

A member of my group was reprimanded for talking her dogs out in the "yard" where children play. There was absolutely no signs anywhere indicating where dogs could be let out and no garbage can for poop bags. I think management would be better off declaring this a "no pets" establishment. The sign in the hallway indicating there was a $500 fine for pets was quite off putting!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!