“Loved it!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roses Bed and Breakfast

Roses Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Geneva
Roses Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Roses Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
429 South Lake Shore Drive, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Lake Geneva B&B and Inns
Richfield, Wisconsin, United States
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife and I had such a wonderful stay @ Rose's B&B. Ruth is just wonderful, the room was nice, the property is gorgeous and it is in a perfect location! We met such great people, the food was very good, the price was great...just could not have asked for anything more!! Free beer/wine is even provided. We will most definately be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

My dh and I spent the weekend at Roses. This was our first time and not our last. Ruth (the owner) was very friendly and made us feel right at home. We stayed in the queen room and thought it was cozy. Breakfast both mornings was delicious!

We had a great time and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Middleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

My wife and I just returned from a wonderfully relaxing three day/ two night stay in Lake Geneva at the Roses Bed and Breakfast. Each of the four bedrooms had their own private bath. The house had central air conditioning and we were quite comfortable, even when the temperature was very hot outside. Our room had a television and the king size bed was excellent. The house was a treasure trove of paintings, sculptures, and fine china. Books, magazines, and a video library were available.

Ruth was an excellent hostess and made us feel very welcomed. We had cheese and wine with another couple and Ruth our first evening there in a beautiful rose garden. The three course breakfast each morning was delightful. I enjoyed reading and drinking coffee in the flower garden each morning before breakfast. The backyard was a beautiful flower garden; in fact, we had fresh flowers at the table in the morning.

We plan on returning and would highly recommend the Roses Bed and Breakfast. We enjoyed our conversations with Ruth. She was quite helpful and provided us with information and guides for the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
chicago, Ilinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

The food was horrible. It was dry and tasted like it was a made and then frozen. The room was pretty but too overcrowded, which was the general consencus of the entire house. Ruth appeared for breakfast but then was not there for any other part of the day. The private balcony left something to be desired. It was pretty dirty and full of leaves. The snacks in the room were stale. Nobody cleans the room, only two towels were provided for the stay.

Air-Conditioning was great! Great accebility to the lake. Parking was good. Ruth was kind. Bed was comfortable.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2008

This place was wonderful. We stayed in the Rose room, which had its own private balcony overlooking the front lawn and street. The lake is just barely perceivable down the hill from the balcony. Great place to have a glass of wine before or after walking to downtown for dinner.

Pro's:
-Location - perfect for walking to downtown/waterfront
-Price
-Balcony in Rose Room
-Clean - no dust
-Nice bathroom
-Good A/C

Other:
-It's an old house that Ruth has tried to fix up. LOTS of clutter from antiques. Probably needs a handyman to fix all the little issues, but fine on the whole.
-Breakfast was egg casserole, some sorbet, and an appetizer. We liked it, but it's not dining at the Four Seasons.
-Hot water takes a while to warm up in the shower, but tons of it once it does.
-Ruth doesn't seem to do email. I wouldn't even try. Just call her. She was prompt and polite.

-Great place to stay. It's kind of a quintessential B&B. It's not perfect, but it makes for a nice get-away. Recommend the Rose room if available.

• Liked — Great Overall B&B
  • Disliked — The owner was a little inaccessible during the day/night. She said just knock if you need anything, but it would have been nice to see her occasionallly besides breakfast.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Midwest U.S.A.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2007

My sister and I wanted to get my parents a gift certificate. After two-and-one-half weeks, an email (which was never responded to) and several phone calls, I still do not have my gift certificate. For a bed and breakfast property, I was stunned to hear the statement: "I am in Chicago. I will have to call you tomorrow." Needless to say, we purchased a gift certificate from a different property.

Stayed December 2007
rosesbb, Owner at Roses Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 3, 2008
I have no record, either via telephone or email, of having been contacted by this gentleman for the purpose of purchasing a gift certificate, until his phone call on December 19, 2007, at which time he claimed to have ordered a gift certificate two weeks earlier. Several days later I received an angry email, to which I replied offering a discounted price for a gift certificate, which he declined due to purported change in plans. Obviously, 'no good deed goes unpunished'.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2003

We would give the place an excellent - but nobody is perfect. Our room was lovely, cozy, quiet and couldn't be cleaner. A lovely fireplace within sight of the whirlpool and even with a double jacuzzi in every suite, there was plenty of hot water. Most of the lights are even on a dimmer switch!It's a quick drive to the lake, but with all the amenities of the suite you may not want to go out!Wait! Why am I telling you all this? I don't want the place to get so popular I can't get a room!

This establishment does not have and has never had whirlpools or jacuzzi baths in the rooms.

Been to Roses Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!