“Excellent value, great location, really nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Wrigley Dr, Lake Geneva, WI 53147-2049   |
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Lake Geneva
Chicago
“Excellent value, great location, really nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

A friend and I just returned from a getaway weekend and loved this hotel. The lobby was comfortable, the front desk staff was welcoming, and the rooms were bright and roomy. The in-room refrigerator, microwave and kitchenette (with silverware, plates, etc) made things very convenient. We relaxed on our 5th floor balcony with a great view of the (melting) Lake Geneva. Comfortable chairs and an outdoor table. The beds were comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was decent (cereal, bagels and cream cheese, muffins, waffles, coffee, juice). Ginos East was attached to the hotel and was a convenient first night meal (coupon from Entertainment book). We LOVED Bistro 220 for lunch on their charming covered balcony; really great menu and gorgeous restaurant and the philly steak sandwich was excellent. Walk to shopping, and took a fab walk along the lake (to the left) toward the mansions where you could walk along a garden path and view the lake and mansions. WiFi worked fine in the room. Great getaway weekend and I was really pleased with Harbor Shores accomodations.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
harborshoreslg, Sales Associate at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Dear carolst,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our amazing views, our friendly staff and close proximity to all of downtown Lake Geneva's many amenities!

We thank you for choosing Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva and hope to see you again soon. Please let us know if we can be of service to you again on your next trip to Lake Geneva

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2009

Lovely hotel with great views. Cozy room and wonderful Christmas decorations in the lobby. Very warm and welcoming. The only negatives were the pool was a little small, but fine for our needs, and the elevator was being maintained during the check in and check out times, but was working the rest of the time! Would definitely return though, we had a wonderful time in Lake Geneva.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Dear bugletti,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. We are a happy to hear that you ejoyed your stay during the Chrismas Holiday. We are pleased to hear that you will choose Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva for your future trips to Lake Geneva!

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Milwaukee, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

Good location and modestly priced. However, rain water leaked through the ceiling of our room all night long and the hotel staff could not have cared less. We waited three minutes for someone to arrive at the front desk at the time of checkin and the person who did show up had the personality of a door knob. Skip the bad continental breakfast.
Far better values, all things considered, anywhere else in the area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear RPRBBR,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Harbor Shores in Lake Geneva. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort you experienced during your stay. Our staff is trained to take immediate action in correcting any problems with our guest rooms and accommodations as they are reported to the front desk. We would have been happy to have you moved into another room so that our maintenance staff could fix the leak in the room.

It is unfortunate that you were not pleased with the continental breakfast offered. In the future, should you choose to give Harbor Shores a chance to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Lake Geneva, our friendly front desk staff is happy to offer suggestions for breakfast at one of the many restaurants within walking distance of our hotel.

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to the opportunity to work with you again.

Naperville, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

This is where I normally stay in Lake Geneva ... I've stayed at the Cove, and also at Interlaken (back when it was still Interlaken) and the Abbey. I loved Interlaken and the Abbey, but they're pricey ... tried the Cove but found the room and hotel layout inconvenient (had to thread a maze to get to my room).

I've attempted to make reservations at a couple of the smaller motels in town ... the treatment I got on the phone was rude (one hung up on me when I pointed out the price on their website was much lower than the price they quoted me).

Best Western is reliable, basic, affordable, and centrally located. I highly recommend it for a cheap weekend getaway (or longer). In fact, I'm going there this weekend for a Thanksgiving getaway.

• Liked — Affordable and reliable, great basic accomodations
  • Disliked — Wifi access not reliable
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear VasilyNapervilleIL,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. We are pleased to know that you find our accomodations and rates to your liking. While we are no longer a Best Western Hotel, our standards of service remain the same and we continue to work at updating our facility and guest rooms so that our guests are as comfortable as possible while staying with us.

Thank you for choosing Harbor Shores and we look forward to working with you again on your next trip to Lake Geneva.

Elgin, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

My husband and parents stayed here and were impressed with the rooms we got . They made accomodations for 2 rooms to be right next door and on the 5th floor. Hotel is close to downtown which made it convienent to downtown shopping and restaurants. The only thing negative would be that the hallway is so warm that you want to rush to either to your room or the elevator to get to the lobby fo some cooler air.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Dear tennis921,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. We are pleased to know that you and your family found our accommodations to your liking and that you were able to take advantage of our amazing views of Geneva Lake and our close proximity to the downtown Lake Geneva area.

We look forward to the opportunity to work with you when planning your next trip to Lake Geneva. Thank you for choosing Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva!

GLENVIEW ILLINOIS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

Nice hotel, but Gino's East, the hotel restaurant is another matter. They claim to offer "Original Chicago Deep Dish Pizza". Gentlemen: I grew up in Chicago with deep dish pizza. I know how they became famous with their crust. I know how they became famous with their tomato sauces, cheeses and sausage. I know how they became famous with their layered construction. GENTLEMAN: I KNOW WHAT DEEP DISH PIZZA IS, AND WITH ALL DO RESPECT, THIS ISN'T IT!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Dear RNOBIE,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. I am happy to hear that your accomodations were to your liking. I do apologize that you were not happy with your dining experience at Gino's East, however, Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva is not in any way affiliated with Gino's East of Chicago. If you were not satisfied with your experience while dining with them I can only suggest that you share your experience with the Gino's East Management.

Thank you for choosing Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. It is my hope that you will contact us to assit you in making any future reservations for your next visit to Lake Geneva.

chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel and the one thing I walked away with was a skin infection. The skin on my legs and arms started to turn red and became itchy soon after I got out of their whirlpool and it is still bothering me over a week later. I had to go to my doctor for medication to get rid of what I picked up in that stupid whirlpool. If you do stay their please DON'T go into the whirlpool and better yet stay next door at the Cove.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear simon3249,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. I apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced during or after your stay. Our pools and whirlpools undergo regular state inspections and are checked regularly by our maintenance staff. It is possible that the chlorine levels in the whirlpool were higher than normal on that particular day causing the irritation you experienced, but rest assured, we are not aware of any other cases where this has happened.

We hope you give Harbor Shores a chance to exceed your expectations for any future visits you may have to the Lake Geneva area.

Sales Associate, Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva

Been to Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva? Share your experiences!