“good for the value” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Wrigley Dr, Lake Geneva, WI 53147-2049   |
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
“good for the value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great location, right on the lake with awesome lake view. The room was decent for the price and overall it was a relaxing, great stay. Service could be better as well as their coffee and continental breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
harborshoreslg, Manager at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Mmorales6,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. We appreciate your feedback and will address the areas of concern! Thank you again for choosing Harbor Shores and we look forward to the opportunity to work with you again soon!

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Port Isabel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The staff, rooms, views, pools, whirlpools, sunna, exercise rm, breakfast etc were excelent we really enjoyed our stay Geno's Rest. was also really good and every thing is right downtown and on the lake it was really great

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
harborshoreslg, Front Office Manager at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Joihn N,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva! We are happy to hear that you had a great time with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Teena S.
Front Office Manager
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

There are pro's and con's to staying at this hotel.

Pros - great location, right on the lake and can walk everywhere, room was decent and clean, upgraded to a Lakeview which was nice.

Cons - coffee maker didn't work, maid service was lacking (really, you couldn't leave a new bar of soap or empty the ice bucket?), the continental breakfast was pathetic, powered milk, oj from concentrate, fruit loops & bagels, but the real winner was the canned peaches! For the extra $10 internet fee I was charged you would think they could at least provide real milk, it is the dairy state after all. The outdoor pool isn't that great to lay next to, its right next to the road.

I will probably stay elsewhere next time I'm in Lake Geneva.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kirsten D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We are constantly working to update and improve our facilities and guest rooms and we appreciate all feedback from our guests.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We recently stayed here on a Friday night because of a friends wedding. The hotel is very conveniently located, right in town, and right across from the lake. Everything is within walking distance and the price for the room wasn't bad at all! The bed was very comfy! The few complaints I have was that the hotel is incredibly small, and noise travels very well. We were woken up at 8 am because of the people in the next room having their family come by and talk it in the hall and room. I am also a very big stickler for cleanliness, and in the bathroom on the cabinets was some sticky red residue with someone else's hair stuck to it. That completely grossed me out. And the next morning I found a stain that was on the sheets that we just slept on.. it was obviously to late to do anything right then and there, so I thought whatever. I can't say we wont come back again, but if we have the choice between this hotel and another one, I think we will go with a different one, even if its a bit more pricier. We got a good deal so its not so bad especially for where its located and everything, but it definitely needs to be stepped up on the cleaning.

Room Tip: Choose a lake front room. You can actually see the lake, and its better then looking over the parki...
Dear Leilani T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate your feedback and will address the areas of concern immediately! Thank you again for choosing Harbor Shores and we look forward to the opportunity to work with you again soon!

Hotel Mnagement
Home
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The hotel is right across the street on Lake Geneva. Close to downtown area and boat tours. The room was old but clean and nice. Small kitchenette with sink, microwave, refridgerator, and coffee make. I had asked for a handicap bathroom. Their idea of one was to give us a portable high rise for th toilet,which didn't fit and a rail screwed to the bath tub. It's a shame because everyone there was very nice and even let us check in early.

Dear Mabird43,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at Harbor Shores. I do apologize for the room not having the proper accommodations. I will look further into the matter, so we can better serve our guests. Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We spent two nights. We booked over the phone and was told it would be 150.00 for a lake view each night. When we arrived it was 170.00 plus tax. They told us there was an up charge for the view. When we arrived home, I looked on Orbitz and could have gotten the room for 157.00 each night-tax included. But also heard this hotel will charge you a 10.00 internet charge if booked on-line. This was confusing and the first for us. We travel a lot and not sure if we would stay here again. Rooms clean. We both had a back ache from the bed. Pillows were lumpy. In room coffee Keurig maker, but one regular and one decaf containers. So, we shared the one cup.We usually don't use the pools but always make sure there is a jacuzzi/whirpool. Of course it was out of order during our stay. The best part of our room was the Great View and location to town shopping. If you choose to stay here, somehow obtain a written confirmation of price and make sure you check the coffee supply before you go to sleep. Also bring your own pillows.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
harborshoreslg, Front Office Manager at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear IllinoisKate1,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am sorry to hear to stay was less than pleasant. I will look into the issues of concern and promptly work on them. We hope you enjoyed your time in Lake Geneva, and look forward to having you stay again.
Jamestown NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel a year ago and liked it enough to book it again even though the rate was quite high. When I looked at my receipt I saw a $10 "internet" fee. I checked my confirmation information but didn't see this mentioned anywhere. When I talked to the manager about this, she said, yes, when you book online you are charged an additional $10 PER DAY. I told her I booked directly through the hotel not a third party. She said, the 800 number and the internet connect you to the managing company rather than the hotel directly. Then I told her that I had within the hour checked on the very nice hotel 3 doors down, the Belle Vista, and the rate for a lakefront room was $30 cheaper. She indicated it is difficult to reach the hotel directly to get the best rates and handed me her card. That's way too complicated and I indicated such. She said all this is frustrating for her as the manager.

As for the room, it was nice, clean and well appointed. The complimentary breakfast was basic but basic is fine! However, everything was extra and for the high rate I would have thought they could pop for a newspaper. Parking is convenient and the location is great, directly across from the lake. Gino's, an authentic Chicago pizza restaurant, is attached to the hotel and is quite good.

Room Tip: a lakeside room is usually worth it!
Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Pawley,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am sorry for the misunderstanding with our online reservations department. We are in the process of making sure this does not happen again. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay otherwise.

Management

Been to Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva? Share your experiences!