“Nice Motel, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Wrigley Dr, Lake Geneva, WI 53147-2049   |
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Wood River, Illinois
“Nice Motel, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have stayed here five times in the last 4 years--great place to watch fireworks. Nice rooms, we always reserve a lakeview room--the higher up the better (there is an elevator), to see over a few trees across the street on Geneva Lake. Within easy walking distance of downtown shops and restaurants and not as pricey as adjacent properties. As older adults, we prefer the outdoor pool which you can walk right into--no steps and you don't have to use the ladders in the deeper end. A nice swim after being out all day is great. There is also an indoor pool and spa. Gino's is a decent pizza place on the premises--room service if you desire. Highly recommend Gage Cruise Line boat tour of the lake--dock right across the street at the Riviera.building. Also a beach located there. Staff is generally friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Also ask for a lakeview room--great to watch activity on the lake in the morning or evening--also go...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
harborshoreslg, Front Office Manager at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear PhilC36904,
Thank You for your review. We were certainly glad you enjoyed you recent stay at Harbor Shores. We hope you can visit again soon.
Harbor Shores Management Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Pecatonica, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband, myself, our 25 year-old daughter, and 21 year-old son stayed at Harbor Shores July 3rd to the 5th. I will definitely go back. I placed our reservation on the Tingo website and I think we may have gotten a refund! There is a $144.96 deposit in our bank account and I think it may be from Tingo! It doesn't say yet where the deposit it from. If it is a refund, cool!! OK, enough about that, now the hotel review.Very nice room! We had a two queen room on the lakeside. We wanted to watch the fireworks from our balcony and It was the perfect spot! We had a perfect center view of the fireworks. Our children our getting older ( we have 7; only two went with us) but my husband and I just may make going to Harbor Shores around the 4th of July a tradition. The beds were probably the most comfortable hotel beds we have ever slept in. Pillow top mattresses and even comforters. I have never seen comforters in a hotel! The air conditioner was a little loud but my daughter said she had to have it on because my husband snores. LOL. She could only stay with us one night so the next night we did not run the air. Mini kitchen was appreciated. We ordered take-out pizza from the on-site Italian restaurant and appreciated the plates and cutlery in the room. My daughter bought a bottle of wine and appreciate the wine glasses and cork screw. The Keurig was a nice touch also. They only give you two K-cups per day but it was enough for my husband and son to have a fresh cup of coffee. We did not go down for the continental breakfast so I don't know what they served. Our room was on the third floor right over the restaurant. The rooftop of the restaurant is painted in a beach theme. They had some fans running but did not bother us. I was so intent on looking at the lake, the fans did not bother me and I didn't notice them when we were inside with the room with the door shut. The only reason I did not give it a five was because the air conditioning was a bit loud and we were over the restaurant, but other that that we loved it and will definitely go back! I would not stay at a Lake Geneva hotel without a lake view. P.S. The staff was great!

Room Tip: We did not have a choice what room we had on Tingo other than we requested lakeside. I don't kno...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
harborshoreslg, Front Office Manager at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear mom7_13,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva! We are happy to hear that you had a great time with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I honestly can say that we didn't spdnd much time in our room, because this place is so enchanting that in no way do you want to stay indoors! The location of the hotel was perfectly located right across the street from lake, and in walking distance to everything! We weren't tempted by the hotels 2 pools or attached restaurant, but did take advantage of the convenient in-room dishes, sink, refridge, and microwave to eat a previous nights meal at an awesome restaurant downtown. The beds were lovely, the towels carefully folded, the overall appearance of bath could be updated, but it wasn't disgusting or horribly unpleasant. Vacuuming could be more carefully done, still dust at edges by walls. Overall, pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Jjsgirl3212012,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our great location downtown and our lakeviews! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon!
Teena S
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Once again, we ended up staying at Harbor Shores for my birthday, seems to be becoming an annual trip! First thing I noticed was a sign on the door leading into the hotel warning about may flies. I had never heard of them, and as it was June, I asked at the front desk and was told they were still around. We did see a swarm around lights after dark, but they didn't really bother us in any way; I am not sure if May would have been different, though. We checked in quickly and were in our 5th floor lake view room. I love the view from the balcony out over the lake; I overlook parking lot and the street in between. My husband noticed the hotel had creatively painted the roof over the restaurant,so now if you get a room that also overlooks the restaurant, you will also be able to enjoy the artwork! Husband brought up a small bag of fresh popcorn (cost 50 cents, even the hardware store in our town doesn't charge for small popcorn). We then noticed the coffee service had changed; the hotel now has the Keurig system, however, only two coffee pods are provided, one regular and one decaf. If you need or want additional pods, there is an additional charge. Again, kind of surprised at this, as most hotels provide as much coffee as you might want during your stay with no extra charge. The room was very nice, comfortable king sized bed, soft bedding, good sized bathroom with plenty of towels. After shopping, we went for dinner (walking distance to a number of restaurants and shops in the area, a huge plus), and then relaxed a bit out by the outdoor whirlpool. Breakfast in the morning was quite disappointing. We have been staying here for a number of years, and I have seen recent trip advisor reviews talking about the disappointing breakfast, and wondered about them, as I have always found the breakfast to be good. Until this trip. I know this is advertised as a continental breakfast, but really, all that was offered was bagels, cereal, fruit that looked like it had been around for days, coffee and orange juice. They used to have a waffle maker, different kinds of juice, as well as bagels, cereal, pastries, and much fresher fruit. I am not quite sure what happened with the breakfast, but I now totally understand the trip advisor comments. After the meager breakfast, we did enjoy the pool, and were able to extend our check out an hour with no additional charge (it was a Tuesday, so I don't think they were overly busy). Overall, a good stay, other than a few unwelcome changes and minor disappointments.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
harborshoreslg, General Manager at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am delighted that you choose to stay with Harbor Shores to celebrate your birthday. We did eliminate several items from our continental breakfast as we did not want to have to raise our prices for overnight stays. We will absolutely look into adding additional product due to guests request. It is our goal to make sure all guests leave Harbor Shores with a positive and memorable experience. The kurig machines were also a trial...I really envisioned guests comments to be positive with the addition to the lakeview rooms. I apologize this was not the case. We will also look at this program to see if it is a valuable amenity to our customers. We look forward to seeing you next year to celebrate with you.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

First morning we go down to the "continental breakfast", where there was a "fruit salad". The fruit salad was FROZEN SOLID. I had to microwave it for 3 minutes, and the center of each little piece of fruit was still frozen, whereas the outside was soggy. Charming. I called the front desk and complained, they said they would talk to the food service.
Second morning, I go down to the same breakfast, same story. You think it is common sense to serve fruit that is NOT frozen solid? I have stayed at motel 8 that is better than this.
After the frozen fruit episode, we decided to go somewhere that serves edible food. The front desk directed us to a restaurant that wasn't open until 2 hours later. I guess the front desk does not what they are talking about.
Hotel amenities overall is out of date. Service is sloppy at best. Not recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. Our continental breakfast was scaled down in June as not to have to raise the price of our guest rooms. Your information is vital to the operation of our hotel. I will review the items and request to have previous items added to our complimentary service. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and do hope you will visit us again soon.
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Our stay in Lake Geneva centered around a tandem bike rally and the hotel staff were wonderful throughout our weekend stay. Our room was ready for us at our requested early check in and we were able to extend our check out by 1 hour at no extra charge. The hotel is well-located to all downtown activities and many eateries are in walking distance. We did not have time to check out the pool but enjoyed the patio off our room that overlooked the Lake. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We requested a room on the upper floor and away from elevators and ice machines. The ice machines are well-placed so that would not have been a problem but I would recommend a room away from the elevator as people do congregate while waiting for the elevator and conversations do carry. Parking is a premium downtown Lake Geneva but we were guaranteed a spot in the hotel lot. Trailers are not allowed so plan ahead if this is a necessity.

Room Tip: I prefer an upper corner room away from elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
harborshoreslg, Front Office Manager at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
RansRider,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva! We are happy to hear that you had a great time with us. Your group was a true pleasure to have! We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

For my birthday the hotel next door refused to allow me to check in. This place, not only actually wished me a happy birthday, but they booked me for the hotel that night at the same price (Which was much cheeper than the other hotel) and the service was GREAT! I'd come back

Room Tip: The lake view is a little more money, but worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Lexi N,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our great location downtown and our lakeviews! We do hope you had a fantastic Birthday in Lake Geneva. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon!
Front Office Manager

Been to Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva? Share your experiences!