“Fabulous Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

+1 262-248-5680
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grandview Restaurant at The Geneva Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 80 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Continental
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Discover extraordinary cuisine at the Grandview Restaurant and Lounge.Savor a breathtaking, panoramic view of Geneva Lake and experience delicious combinations of texture, flavor and aroma.The Chefs at The Grandview Restaurant and Lounge take great pride in the process by which excellent food is created. Recognizing that quality of ingredients is paramount in the achievement of spectacular cuisine, we use nothing but the best and freshest available. LIVE Music every Friday and Saturday night, and Sunday Brunch.BREAKFAST: Monday - Saturday 7:30am - 10amLUNCH: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:30pmDINNER: Monday - Saturday from 5pmDINNER: Sunday - from 4pmSUNDAY BRUNCH: 10:30am - 2pm
Kenosha, WI
“Fabulous Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

We had a wonderful dinner at the Geneva Inn recently. They started us out with 3 homemade breads and a delicious sun dried tomato spread. Next we had a salad with a warm ham dressing. It was fabulous. My main course was mahi mahi (and I am not a fish eater but it sounded so interesting). The fish was served over sweet potatos (similar to hash brown pancakes) accompanied by a sweet chutney and fried plantains. The combination was wonderful. My husband had lamb chops which were also very good. For dessert I had banana bread bread pudding. Good but very filiing.

The service was excellent and we had a table overlooking the lake. The menu is a little pricey but definitely worth it. Five stars!!

illinois
“Excellent food + view + service ---> however, a bit $$$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

We had friends who were staying at the Geneva Inn so we decided to give the associated restaurant, The Grandview, a try for dinner. We are glad we did!

Excellent wait staff and great views - or should I say, "Grand View" - of the lake. The tables right next the the window are usually requested first, so get your reservation in early; however, all the tables have some view of the lake (even the ones next to the wall have a mirror facing the table so you at least get a reflection of the lake!) Nice open feeling to whole restaurant.

My husband had the medallions of beef w/garlic mashed potatoes ($34) & roasted veggies - he loved it. I had the "Yuppie Farms" organic free range chicken ($26) - also excellent. (Yuppie Farms is a WI local organic farm they buy from). I loved it; however, understand that the chicken has less fat on it than on a traditional hormone fed, caged chicken - so may be different than what you are used to.

The menu was varied - including venison, fish dishes, pasta, plus great appetizers and the most incredible veggie tomato-based soup (not loaded with salt - seasoned with herbs). You can tell that the chef does an excellent job in planning his menus with a variety of items, so that everyone can pick their favorite dish.

Almost gave it 5 star rating, but the prices are a bit high for the quantity of food offered (and drinks fairly $), but given all the positives and quality of the dishes - it is a "must dine" at restaurant when in Lake Geneva!

Chicago
“Good food, good service and great view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

I am surprised not more people have commented on this restaurant.

Thanks to the only review posted here (prior to the one I am writing now), I had no idea about this wonderful restaurant!

My husband and I have been to Lake Geneva many times and have tried different restaurants (Gilberts, Grand Geneva's Chophouse and Brissago, Cafe Calamari in Williams Bay among others), and I will have to say that the restaurant at the Geneva Inn is up there with some of the better restaurants in this area.

The only disappointment I had (minor really) was that we weren't seated right by the window although we did make the reservation only a couple of days prior to our visit during the summer months. I also think that they tend to cater to their hotel guests who ask for better seating which of course is understandable.

Overall, for the price we spent - about $150 including tip and taxes, we each had a salad, filet for me and fish for my husband and 1 dessert and a bottle of wine, the overall experience was really nice. We will definitely go back!

Hope this helps.

Chicago
“Awesome Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

Amazing food, amazing service, and beautiful views!!! Make sure you don't miss this treat while you are in Lake Geneva. Be sure to make a reservation as they fill up quickly, especially on weekend during the peak season.