“Winterfest” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Geneva Ridge Resort

You added Geneva Ridge Resort to your Saves list
Geneva Ridge Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   W4240 Hwy 50, Lake Geneva, WI 53147 (Formerly Lodge at Geneva Ridge)   |
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Roselle, Illinois
“Winterfest”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Every year my family and I attend Winterfest in Lake Geneva. We have stayed at Geneva Ridge (now the Ridge Hotel) almost every time. We rent a villa because we need 2 bedrooms and lots of room. The villas are a bit expensive, but very nice and spacious. The staff is friendly and helpful. We encountered a few minor problems, one being no shampoo or conditioner in either bathroom, but it was really not a big deal. Other than that, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this resort.

• Stayed February 2016, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

A rehab in process is much needed out dated but clean very average hotel place. The price should be lower considering current construction. I could have spent my money much better. Bathroom small, beds just ok. A good place for families not quiet or romantic.
Called a resort but does not feel like one

• Stayed February 2016, traveled solo
      Rooms

Travelers are raving about these Lake Geneva hotels

Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I read the horrible reviews about this hotel and was expecting a mere disaster. When I went to register at the hotel, I was pleasantly greeted by Nicole. She was extremely nice, kind and very helpful. I bought a groupon for very cheap and I was very surprised to enter such a lovely room. The restaurant bartender was so nice, and the food was really good. The spa prices are really good compared to other hotels. I did enjoy the spa services, what I enjoyed the most is the staffs personalities. The spa services did wow me too much. The workout facility was ok and the outside lit up very nicely, where the huge fire pit looked very romantic. This is also a good place for family. I really would recommend this hotel. Our lake view was great from the room.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with friends
      Location
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This place is a construction mess. Plywood and hammering everywhere...not yet a resort.
And NO FOOD on site. Not even chips at the bar, front desk, or vending machines.
When we call the front desk, no one answers. God help you if you have a medical emergency. You are on your own.
It may be better in 6 months. Test cautiously.
If you stay here, bring your own food.
A bit like camping.

Stayed January 2016, traveled with friends
gnrmanagement, Manager at Geneva Ridge Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Wanderer730,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience at The Ridge Hotel. We do apologies for the lack of accommodations and customer service during your stay. Management has been informed, and is working on rectifying the issues that you had experienced. I would like to welcome you back to experience our finished product, and insure a higher quality of customer service. Please contact our reservations department so we can make your next stay more memorable than your last.

Joseph Bormes
Rooms Division Manager
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have stayed here several times over the past 20+ years. Have always had a great experience. Great service, clean rooms, friendly and accommodating staff, food is yummy, friendly bartender, easy check-in/check-out, beautiful grounds, etc. We like the location; just outside of town in a country setting to get away from the hustle and bustle of Lake Geneva, yet close enough to enjoy all that Lake Geneva has to offer. We have never stayed in the condos, but they do look outdated from the exterior. We personally like the lodge feel; the resort is being converted to a contemporary flare. Hopefully it will still have a cozy feel and they won't jack the room prices up; if prices go up, that will make a difference in where we choose to stay.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
      Location
1 Thank K C
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was worried about staying here after some horrible reviews. I must say I have no idea where those people were coming from. I purchased a Groupon for a stay here and it was wonderful. The Groupon included free skate rental to use on their outdoor rink. The rink is beautifully lit at night, totally fun to skate, and the skates are new, coming in all the child and adult sizes you can imagine. Simply ask for them at the front desk. The desk staff was courteous and helpful. The room we had was beautiful, with a stunning view over Lake Como. We had a cocktail at the bar(which also has stunning lake views) at a very reasonable price, and they were delicious. The indoor pool is inviting as is the whirlpool. My only complaint is that the staff on duty at the pool did not regulate the young children in the whirlpool, despite the rules clearly being posted-no children under 6. Yes, the lobby is under construction, but not once were we disturbed by construction noise or inconvenience....and from the plans it looks like it will be really beautiful. I would definitely come back.

Stayed January 2016
1 Thank travel5760
Janesville, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Back in August 2015, my wife and toddler (2 years old) and another couple and their daughter (1 years old) stayed at Geneva Ridge during a wedding. 3 of the 4 adults staying that weekend were in the wedding (which was held at geneva national). We called a couple times in the weeks leading up to our stay to ask that our condo (sounds fancy, but it was NOT!! but ill get into that later) be ready before the normal check in time, which was 4, since we had to get ready for the rehearsal. Every time we called, we were told it wouldn't be a problem Upon arrival at about 1pm friday, the assistant supervisor at the front desk told us that the room was not ready. I asked about it being done ahead of time (like we had called about and were told no problem) and he told me they would try, but that he could guarantee it would be done by 4pm. The rehearsal started at 4:30. I kept checking on it periodically since we just hung out in the lobby with no prevail. He finally told me I would receive a phone call no later than 4 to inform the room was ready. At 4:05 I stood in line to ask about it, at this point i had not gotten a phone call. When i got to the counter (around 4:10ish) and asked about our condo, they hesitated and then said it was ready. I asked to speak to the manager and was told she was unavailable but that she would call me. i never received a phone call from her and i tried calling several times in the months after with no phone calls back. Back to the disgusting part. Our condo had carpet in the living room and bedrooms. I never took my socks off, but my wife informed me that the carpeting felt wet and greasy!! Again, we had little kids that would obviously be playing on this disgusting floor!! On saturday we made a couple frozen pizzas in the kitchen. At some point we must have dropped a couple crumbs. By sunday morning, there were THOUSANDS of ants crawling all over the floor from the crumbs we dropped. It was $800 for 2 nights in this condo. On top of the nasty condo, the outside bar closed at 9:41 pm on friday night even though there were 15+ people sitting around it and we were told it would be open until at least 11pm. On saturday night, the inside bar closed at 1 am even though there were 30-40 people inside. All around it was a poor experience and we have another wedding there this summer. Needless to say, I will be finding somewhere else to stay!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled with friends
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 stars
gnrmanagement, Manager at Geneva Ridge Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear klou3,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay in August. I am disappointed to hear the Villa did not meet your expectations. Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, so please rest assured that I will share your review with our Management team in order to identify these areas for improvement. Thank you for the comments on what we need to improve on. I would like to inform you that the Villa has recently been replaced with new carpeting and furniture. We are also working to increase customer satisfaction in a positive way.

I would like to invite you back to The Ridge Hotel so you can experience our new product and brand once our renovation is complete. Please contact our reservations department so we can personally take care of you.

Joseph Bormes
Mill Creek Hotel
Mill Creek Hotel
#4 of 15 in Lake Geneva
4.5 of 5 stars 289 reviews

Been to Geneva Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!