“Beautiful Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Geneva Ridge Resort

Save Saved
You added Geneva Ridge Resort to your Saves list
Geneva Ridge Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   W4240 Hwy 50, Lake Geneva, WI 53147 (Formerly Lodge at Geneva Ridge)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Lake Geneva
Elmwood Park, Illinois
“Beautiful Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had stayed at this resort 25 years ago, and was curious to see the new changes under new
management. I was pleasantly surprised on how much it has changed for the better. The
grounds are beautiful, the workers are constantly tending to flowers and landscape. We had
a walk-out patio which was wonderful in addition to a spotless room with a great mattress and
pillows and a awesome shower.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Arlington Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great place to stay. The rooms are nice and updated and really like the outdoor bar and seating area. They let us stay one night and the price was reasonable for peak season in Lake Geneva. Close to down town and golf courses. The people at the front desk were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Villa Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We visited this resort for the spa and were left pleasantly relaxed. My husband and I had a couples massage there and we very pleased with it. It was honestly one of the best massages I've had. The spa itself is nothing fancy, and I was very disappointed that they didn't have shampoo or conditioner or body wash so you could shower after, but the massage was so good!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was with a group 3 ladies & stayed one night. The front desk clerk was efficient & courteous. The manager asked several times if we had everything we needed! The view of Lake Como from our room was mesmerizing & we also enjoyed the same view from a large deck that had a long gas heater that kept is warm on a chilly night. The room was clean & beds were comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Awesome job done by cordinator Kelly, also Rick head of banquet set up, bartender working the wedding was patient and friendly, Next time I come I would like to sit and have a drink with these lovely people. Tim at front desk went out of his way to accomodate us with change of room to patio. All the front desk people we fantasticly friendly!!!! Food was great, appetizers great. Rooms clean and very comfortable. This was truly a beautiful place to have their wedding or just a geteaway, which is what I will do next. Thank you all so much. See you sometime soon. Mother of the Bride. Kathy.

Room Tip: We loved the patio in the morning with the lakeview.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chicago Burbs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was at Geneva Ridge for a wedding. We stayed 2 nights. They seem to be operating on a barebones staff, and I do not think they are properly managed. When calling the hotel, the odds of someone actually answering were about 50%. My husband was up early to play golf and asked the man at the front desk where he could find the coffee. The staff member told him there is a coffee pot in the room, and they will not make coffee for guests until 9:00and it is $1.00. The gift shop had no prices on anything, and the staff did not know how to look them up.

Our room was average, looked clean but smelled like smoke. The refrigerator was luke warm. The bathroom had nice granite counter tops and updated lighting, but the walls were rotten behind the peeling wallpaper, and the toilet was very stained and scratched (making it look dirty). I had no idea when I made the reservation that we were put in an adjoining room. I could hear every word our neighbor said. The flatscreen TV was small and was not hung well. I am just happy we did not spend a lot of time inside the room.

The outdoor bar, pool and patio with fire pit were fun areas to hang out and looked very nice. The staff at the outdoor bar was attentive. The indoor pool was sufficient. The food in the restaurant and banquet hall was mediocre. We had fun despite the lack of customer service. Overall, I think the service and room quality do not match the price paid. While it was not a terribly expensive hotel, the quality of everything dictates that it should be a pretty low cost hotel.

P.S. The bride felt the staff was not very attentive during the wedding planning process.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
tbaior, General Manager at Geneva Ridge Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new patio area, fire feature and service at Bar 55. We are currently in the process of outlining our in room upgrades and your comments are helpful. We also continue to train our associates so that we can provide excellent service throughout the resort.
Todd B.
Forest park, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed there for my friends wedding where we had to pay around 170/night. From the time I walked through the front door I knew we wouldn't be getting our money's worth. The outdated furniture in the lobby was a joke. The front desk was very unhelpful. They assumed that since the groom was white I wasn't in the wedding party. We get to our room and the first thing we notice is the very outdated furniture. I had to iron my shirt and called down to the front desk for a new iron because the one in the room was leaking when it got hot. The front desk girl told me to call housekeeping. So I hung up with her and called housekeeping. No answer at housekeeping so I called the front desk again, she told me that they have another number in housekeeping to call and she gave it tto me so I called housekeeping again. The guy that answered the phone was fine until I was about to hang up and instead of a goodbye I get "aight man". Then after 15min 2 people show up to bring me an iron.

Next day, my girlfriend was alone and exiting the elevator with a housekeeper whom didn't address her at all. But when they got off the housekeeper says good morning to her and my girlfriend sad good morning back and apparently she didn'thhear her because her next comment from around the corner was good morning to myself.

This hotel has no respect for their jobs and honestly everyone needs some sort of training because they really don't give a Damn about anything.

Won't be back again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your comments.
Todd B.

Been to Geneva Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!