“Great overnight escape” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Geneva Ridge Resort

Save Saved
You added Geneva Ridge Resort to your Saves list
Geneva Ridge Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   W4240 Hwy 50, Lake Geneva, WI 53147 (Formerly Lodge at Geneva Ridge)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Lake Geneva
Libertyville, Illinois
“Great overnight escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a great overnight "parent" escape at Geneva Ridge in Feb 2013. Rooms very clean. Great location. Could have spent a couple of nights here. Would also come with the kids using interconnecting rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We spent the weekend at the Ridge Resort and enjoyed it. There is plenty to do even in the winter months.

Im guess its beautiful in the summer.

Only real complaint that could be fixed would be too offer breakfast or somthing to eat on week days even a muffin to buy to go with the free coffee would of been great. The only other problems deal with the property being older (pool was a little dirty, hallway noise was loud, could add keyed entrace on doors) but there was plenty of staff always around working and fixing stuff.

Like i said no real problems but plenty of good. I heard the food in the resturant was good. The bar friday night was fun and very very entertaining /one guy singing and lots of people dancing. There is a little game room always a plus. The spa seemed nice, i didnt use it but seen many happy people. The ice rink out front looked awesome at night and if we had our skates would of skated and got some great pictures. The pool was nice, the hot tub was big, the pool bathroom was very nice, they have a sauna (never really hot but we also never asked if they could turn it up) and the steam room (not sure if thats what its called) was awesome!! I spent a lot of time in there

The rooms where nice, kind of wished my two bed room would of been queens instead of doubles but it was fine.

Overall we where happy with the stay and the kids had fun. I would like to check it out in the summer!

• Stayed February 2013
Yorkville, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I purchased a Groupon for a stay at Geneva Ridge Resort on Valentine's Day weekend. The hotel is conveniently located between Lake Geneva and Williams Bay.

My wife and I were greeted by friendly staff at the front desk and check-in was was quick and easy. Our room was nice with all of the typical amenities (king bed, couch, table) and a third-floor view of Lake Como. The bathroom was updated with a very modern, upscale design. My only complaints are that there were no instructions on how to use the DVD player (which I eventually figured out) and the DVD remote had no batteries. Also, when the heat in the room turned on it was VERY loud.

With the Groupon, we received a 20% coupon for the spa which we used for massages. The spa was a bit cramped and outdated, but offered a full menu of services and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We did not eat at the on-site restaurant, but did use a $25 dining credit (which also came with the Groupon) for room service breakfast. The food was fresh and arrived quickly.

We definitely enjoyed our stay at Geneva Ridge and would certainly recommend staying there. We have already talked about returning with the kids so they can enjoy the large indoor pool area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Wife and I used a Groupon in Jan. Very quiet and relaxing. Hotel staff is friendly and rooms are very spacious. Has a bar and restaurant onsite which was ok. Located right outside of downtown Lake Geneva which was perfect. I would stay there again and we can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a Great lake view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Flossmoor, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

While I will second the comments about the spa being dated and a little shoe-horned into the space, I was more than happy with the treatments. This was a spa day for my 50th birthday, and it was difficult to choose between the various spas in the area. I am very glad I chose Geneva Ridge.
I began with a salt scrub. While the dry brushing portion could have been a little longer/more aggressive, it was overall a relaxing experience provided by Kim.
Next, I had a hot stone massage with Levon (sp?). This was absolutely fantastic. I have had hot stone massages in the past, but never where the therapist used the stones to execute the massage, which was done after my muscles were relaxed with a regular light massage.
Next, I had a green coffee wrap with Tara. Again, fantastic.
After that, back to Kim for a spa pedicure. I wish they would have done a little foot shaving, but I'm not sure if this is legal in WI. This was nice, but probably the weakest of the services.
Lastly, I had a facial with Heidi. Again, fantastic.

Each service included even more massage and relaxation technique than advertised, which I really appreciated. I felt pampered and thoroughly relaxed when I left. Even though I did not have any coupons or specials, when I told them it was a birthday gift from my husband, they gave me a much appreciated discount.

The resort really needs to invest in their spa, and build a new space, or refurbish an new area for them. They are providing a great service, and really need a newer, more relaxing area to work in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here with a group of 13 women for a spa weekend in February 2013. Both spa and hotel get two points ratings as I was unimpressed with both. Check in was very quick and easy and the man working the front desk was very nice. The room was a standard hotel room. The bathroom was newly updated and nice. The linens and comforter on the bed, however, were cheap feeling and the sheets had stains on them. The indoor pool area was nice, but crowded with kids (this hotel may be good for families). I had four spa treatments at the Spa on Saturday morning/afternoon. My spa services were overall very good (highly recommend Diana for massage and Tara for a salt scrub). The spa itself, however, was extremely dated and not as relaxing as I would expect. The woman that seemed to be running the spa also did not seem very professional. We were all asked to wear the "Hello my name is" name tags on our robes so that the therapists knew who we are. I get that they wanted to avoid having to call out peoples names, but it is not a big spa, and the name tags were simply tacky. Also, while I was waiting for a treatment she was talking to another employee asking her if she would stay late for a treatment but the employee said know--the tone was irritated and it was awkward for me to witness. These conversations should not be held in front of guests. The worst part, however, was that when I was checking out after my services, she was eating two hotdogs on a plate with ketchup. The last thing I want to see and smell after a morning of spa treatments is hotdogs. You should never eat in front of customers, period, and that was just gross. Overall, not a very professional atmosphere at the spa which distracted from the services.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Van Nuys, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed the night at the Geneva Ridge Resort in January 2013 and was thoroughly impressed. When I arrived there was calming music playing through the outdoor speakers and the outside of the resort was still elegantly decorated from Christmas. The front desk staff was helpful and courteous and the room was comfortable and quiet. I am very much looking forward to stopping there again and would recommend the Resort for families or large groups.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Geneva Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!