“Fails in the details.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Geneva Ridge Resort

You added Geneva Ridge Resort to your Saves list
Geneva Ridge Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   W4240 Hwy 50, Lake Geneva, WI 53147 (Formerly Lodge at Geneva Ridge)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Aurora, Illinois
“Fails in the details.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The resort was tastefully decorated for the holidays, and made a good initial impression. The room was, again, tastefully done and it was clean. The bathroom was fine, but the towels were stained and frayed, and the bed was uncomfortable. It was a king size bed with a large divot in the middle that we could not avoid. We had a groupon, which, as it turns out, was purchased for the same price that was quoted that day for the room, so no deal really except for the $25 credit for food. We had breakfast there at a lovely table, but were served food that had the look and taste of having been prepared on a dirty griddle--in other words, inedible. We told 3 different people, who said they would mention it to the 'chef.' Nothing was ever done. We went to breakfast in town, where it was cheaper and better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

my wife and i just returned from a weekend get away at the Geneva Ridge Resort, and i would like to recommend this to all...It started about 2 months ago with a call to the resort for info , they sent a package out with the spa, and resort info.. we booked the weekend, and happened to meet the same person who took or reservation on the phone, he was able to make our weekend stay a very pleasurable one. the restaurant, bar , spa and room were excellent and everyone we came in contact with was pleasant and very accommodating , the accommodations were all very good, and the price was affordable and worth every cent and more.

Room Tip: lake view is the best, and winter light show is excellent over looking the restaurant.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We had a groupon for this place and no expectations. The room was fine, restaurant and bar were good, and the pool was just right for our 7 year old. Staff was attentive and gave us the room location that worked for us best.

• Stayed December 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

i used to go to this hotel years ago when it was InterLaken. It has changed alot. It snowed while we were there and we had no heat, power or water all night and the only help I was offered was a flashlight. There was not compensation at all. Also, our dinner there was awful. They used to have great Prime Rib and Sunday morning buffets and now the food was bland and expensive for what tasted like bad mac and cheese, but it was called pasta. Very disapointed and will never return. Next time I we are going to the Grand Geneva.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Delafield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I wanted a little "down time" and choose to come to the Geneva Ridge Resort. We couldn't have been more pleased. Very courteous staff, excellent room with great housekeeping, and in the spa we experienced one of the best massages either of us have ever experienced. Ate dinner at the Hunt Club at Geneva National, and the atmosphere and food were top notch. Spent time in nearby Lake Geneva and the resort staff were very helpful recommending places for breakfast and dinner. We will be back. thanks,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was really looking forward to spending the weekend here after visiting in May. On one hand, the outdoor grounds were just gorgeous. The new firepit and plantings all around were really beautiful and well-done and made spending time outdoors such a pleasure. One the other hand, my expectations of spending time in the nice, clean steamroom were so disappointed! As soon as we entered, instead of the clean, mentholatum smell we had in May, we were met with a totally moldy, musty smell. The whole idea that we'd clear our sinuses was ruined! It was like, we'd better get out of here before we breathe in mold and get sick! Yuck.
I also noticed that the hot tub was broken - the aerator was above the water and made it spout all over the place. When we asked the staff, they said, "Oh yes, that's how it's supposed to be." Um, really?
It just didn't seem like there was as clean a feeling to the whole place as there was in May. It seemed like things had kind of gone downhill. I agree with a previous writer that the rooms didn't seem as clean as they should be, especially in the corners and such.
Finally, I had a most horrible check-out experience. I gave my keys to the clerk, who then proceeded to insist I hadn't. She was so snotty. She was also telling another guest what a terrible day she was having because it was so busy. Come on - it's your job!! I know her name, but don't want to say it in HOPE she has reformed. This person has no business being in the "hospitality" industry! Yikes. I'm glad I know other people who've worked here a long time and I know that she isn't the norm for this place.
I'll be back again -- and I sure hope these things are looked into. It's a shame to not have 110% from everyone with such a beautiful facility.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nick J, General Manager at Geneva Ridge Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Joe

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to read that you have stayed with us several times, but I am disappointed in the experience that we provided you during your last visit. I will be personally checking the steam room, this was completely redone earlier in the year prior to your visit, it is water tight and we have self-cleaning steam generator. I would also like to specifically apologize for the way you were treated by our guest services staff, what you experienced is not in line with my expectations or our companies standards. I will be addressing what happened with the individual. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail. At your convenience please contact me directly at 262-249-3851. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review and for being a loyal patron of our resort.
Belvidere, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Had an AMAZING weekend Geneva Ridge Resort! The grounds were impeccable, the staff was kind and courteous and the adventure was outstanding! 18 holes of golf in the rain couldn't even prevent this place from getting less than a 5 star review! If you are looking for a get-away with friends or family, this is the place to go!!

We had a benefit dinner in town and then went back to the hotel to check in and the shuttle took us back into town and picked us up! This was a great deal for our large group of friends and family. I can't wait to go back for a girls weekend and enjoy the spa!

We lounged by the fire and chatted well into the evening while also enjoying the bar and we didn't feel like we were a bother to anyone, it was a very welcoming atmosphere.

Great bar with live music and great drink selections also! Hoping to get back there for New Years Eve!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is a walk out with a view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nick J, General Manager at Geneva Ridge Resort, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Jamie

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you had a great time and that we were able to provide a relaxing environment for you and your family! I hope that we will see you again soon for that girls weekend. Thank you again for the nice review.

Best Regards,

Nick Johnson

Been to Geneva Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!