“Not so friendly check in staff!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Geneva Ridge Resort

Save Saved
You added Geneva Ridge Resort to your Saves list
Geneva Ridge Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   W4240 Hwy 50, Lake Geneva, WI 53147 (Formerly Lodge at Geneva Ridge)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
Ridge Savings - 15% off
Ranked #10 of 14 hotels in Lake Geneva
Venice, Florida
“Not so friendly check in staff!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The only disappointment at this beautiful resort were the desk attendants! Worked with several & they desperately need training on how to treat customers. We felt they were rude & just didn't care about our needs or questions.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Nick J, General Manager at Geneva Ridge Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advsor. I am very sorry that your interactions with our front office team was not as positive as I would have expected. I have shared this review with our rooms division managers and front office staff. Your experience is not a common one, I am sorry that it impacted your stay with us.

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel was not located directly on Lake Geneva so I immediately felt like I was mislead, however I felt like that was better because it was very relaxing away from the hustle around the downtown area. They will shuttle you over for no charge and it is only a 3 minute drive to get there. The hotel staff was friendly and the hotel itself was nice and very clean. The outdoor views and patio area were fabulous and a great place to have a drink at the outdoor bar while watching the sunset. This is a great place for two or twenty and I would go back for sure!!!!

Room Tip: Did not like that we had a door for adjoining rooms because we could here the people in the room nex...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The rooms seem old, but the bathroom looks like it was recently updated. Its almost as big as the room. We had a room on the main level, facing the parking lot (not the best view). It was amazing how we could hear so much noise/conversations out in the hall from inside our room. Besides the noise from inside the hotel, we also had the noise of the cars from the parking lot. Didn't sleep well the two nights we were there. Every time the A/C and heating unit turned on the off woke us up. Maybe it was quieter on the upper level and/or the rooms facing the pool area. Breakfast was pretty good; large portions for a reasonable price. Service was very good once a hostess finally showed up to sit us. I wouldn't recommend this place and I wouldn't return either. Maybe something closer to downtown would be better; closer to the shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the parking lot; ask for one facing the pool area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rockton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was presently surprised with my entire stay at the Geneva Ridge Resort! I was among 20 other gentlemen who stayed for a great golf weekend and immediately felt welcomed by the staff. We even received shuttle service to the Geneva National Golf Club and to the Lake Geneva area for dinner. The new renovations to the grounds look amazing and once the trees begin to turn later this Fall the views will be even more spectacular. My only negative was the breakfast menu. During the morning when the group needed to head out for golf the menu didn't lend itself to many carry-out items. The rooms were very quiet and the beds were very nice. I would definitely stay here again?

Room Tip: I would suggest requesting rooms on the north side to take advantage of the views of Lake Como.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Nick J, General Manager at Geneva Ridge Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your experience. I am delighted to hear that our staff was part of your successful golf trip and that you enjoyed our renovations. I agree, when the leaves change, it is wonderful around here. I have made note of your suggestion for more on-the-go items in the restaurant and will be working with our Food and Beverage Director to offer something. We will hopefully have something in place before the end of the golf season. Thank you again for your review. I hope that you will visit us again soon!
Twin Lakes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I recently had my wedding here and it was so amazing and everyone was so very helpful through the entire experience! From the front desk, to the cleaning staff I could not find any person that was rude or didn't offer to help in some way. My guests loved the view, the food and the ambiance. Katie Hunter, what an absolute amazing person. She could not have been more attending to any needs than she was (well except for the cranberry juice...and she knows what I mean and it isn't a bad thing at all). She was there for anything that I needed and just such a wonderful person. I really would have loved to have her stand next to me in the wedding as she became such a close friend and I would suggest having your wedding here and working with Katie. Many of my guests will be coming back for weekend get aways! Thank you all for everything you did on my special day!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake - so beautiful to wake up to!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the nice account of your recent stay and of your experience in the planning and execution of your wedding. We all agree Katie does an excellent job. Lake Geneva is a popular wedding destination and we feel that Katie is one of the things that sets us apart. I am glad to hear that our staff played a big role in the success of your day and that Geneva Ridge will be a small part of your fond memories you have about your wedding. Our impact on our guests extraordinary events and life moments is of most importance to me and the staff at Geneva Ridge. Thank you again for your review. I hope that you will keep Geneva Ridge in mind for future events, and I hope you will stay with us again soon.
Evansville, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

This place was horrible. After getting all of our stuff into our room after checking in we found a huge toe nail clipping lying on the carpet. We were given a new room but that room didn't have a screen on the patio door and the lock was broken. Instead there was a piece of a two by four we were expected to jam into the slider area. Talk about ghetto. Not what you would expect from a place that has resort in their name. The following morning right before check out I was looking for my laptop cord and behind the nightstand I found a chocolate wrapper with a blonde hair stuck to it. My husband and I both have dark black hair and did not eat any chocolate during our stay. I will never come back to this place!

• Stayed August 2012
njhotelgm, General Manager at Geneva Ridge Resort, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I appreciate you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I am shocked and very sorry about what you encountered upon checking in to your room. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel, particularly our guest rooms. I will be utilizing your experience to work with our housekeeping director to determine the source of the problem. Please contact me an your next convenience so we may discuss this matter further.

Nick Johnson
262-249-3851 (direct line)
njohnson@genevaridge.com
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary at Lake Geneva and we stayed at the resort. We absolutely loved it.

The staff is very friendly and they make you feel welcomed.

The room was very cozy, clean, modern and had a lovely view of Lake Como. The room was spacious and had lovely decor. They even have a DVD player in the room which is a nice touch.

The food service in their restaurant was good but their food either lacked flavor or was over-seasoned. The wait staff were very friendly and accommodating.

I was most impressed with their veranda with comfortable outdoor seating and a gorgeous fire-pit and the best part is that their complete veranda has a great view of Lake Como. They have an outdoor bar that has a great view of their outdoor pool. The landscape is just beautiful. I enjoyed this outdoor living space very much.

When I return to Lake Geneva, I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms facing the lake have a great view of Lake Como but the rooms on the first floor hav...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review! I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and that we were able to exceed your expectations with our staff, cleanliness and the veranda. I hope that you can make it back to Lake Geneva and Geneva Ridge soon!

Been to Geneva Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!