“Beautiful Place for a Romantic Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Geneva Ridge Resort

Save Saved
You added Geneva Ridge Resort to your Saves list
Geneva Ridge Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   W4240 Hwy 50, Lake Geneva, WI 53147 (Formerly Lodge at Geneva Ridge)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
Ridge Savings - 15% off
Ranked #10 of 14 hotels in Lake Geneva
Dubuque, Iowa
“Beautiful Place for a Romantic Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had an excellent stay at the Geneva Ridge Resort! My room was clean, modern, with a King sized bed, an amazing bathroom, and a BEAUTIFUL view of Lake Como.
The first night, my boyfriend and I ordered room service. Steak medallions, ribs, mashed potatoes, and asparagus spears...YUM!!! It was delicious! We went for a short walk around the property and saw their brand new, amazing patio overlooking the lake.
The next day I swam and sunbathed at their adorable outdoor pool area before my boyfriend and I drove just a few minutes to downtown Lake Geneva where we walked along the beach of Geneva Lake, drank iced coffees, and went shopping in some of the best stores. We drove back to the hotel and spent some time at the new Bar 55, a cute little bar on the patio. We shared a delicious crab cake and had a drink before we went swimming in their indoor pool and relaxing in the hot tub. They even have a sauna and a steam room! We stopped by and looked at their fitness facility, which was clean and had many new machines and equipment. The spa was closed at that time of the night, but I peeked into the window and it looked great! Next time I stay, I will definitely book an appointment for a relaxing massage.
I definitely will recommend Geneva Ridge and cannot wait to spend another weekend there!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Orland Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Booked this through a groupon and read the reviews on here and was very nervous going. We booked two rooms and stayed two nights in July 2012. Our rooms were so nice, clean and the outside bar and food were excellent. our bartender Mike and his helper Juan were excellent we also met kate and she made our trip very pleasant. I am excited to go back again. The one thing I didn't care for was the attitude of the man who did massages at the pool I didn't personally talk with him just overhead him talking to people and thought he was rude. One thing I would recommend is adding more things for teenagers to do, maybe expand the game room and put air hockey and other things in there for the teens.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Spent a weekend getaway at Geneva Ridge Resort and it was a pleasant stay. The place is pretty clean and away from the tourist areas of the lake. Check in was a little of a hassle as there were a lot of people trying to check in with only two girls at the desk while also anwering phones.

The entire place was nice. Clean rooms and nice outdoor/indoor pools. Only complaint was that since we were on the first floor with the lake side view, we were next to the bar. It got pretty loud at night, and the people in the adjacent rooms were out on the patio partying loudly. Also, first floor rooms don't have a screen so we noticed bugs can easily get in if you open the door. Those were just a little things that we didn't let bother us.

I would recommend and stay here again. Its clean, secluded, and overall a good place to stay. I would probably just get a room not on the first floor lake side if you want privacy and quietness.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Belgium, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed one night (July 6) at the Geneva Ridge. FIrst of all, check in was a nightmare. We had to literally wait in line 15 minutes because it was so backed up with people trying to check in and only two girls working the Front Desk. When we checked in, we were given a room on the first floor. I told the girl at the Front Desk that we specifically requested a room on one of the higher floors because we didn't want to deal with the noise issues. She reluctantly asked her coworker if this was alright and he must have said yes because we were given a room on third floor. The room itself was nice, except for the fact that we had no towels. It was approximately 4:30 pm and I called the Front Desk to request towels, which they said would be delivered promptly. They were not delivered. We came back from eating dinner at 8:00 pm, we just happened to see a housekeeper in the hallway and asked her if she could get us some towels. She told us she would, and also commented that she had been working since 7:00 am that morning...12 hours? This hotel is dreadfully understaffed, if that is the case.

The next morning we had breakfast. I ordered the Denver omelet and realized right away that it had mushrooms and tomatoes in it. I thought maybe I had made a mistake and didn't read the description right, but after we left and I again looked at the menu, I found out that they had messed up and given me the Western omelet instead of the Denver omelet. When we were ready to pay for our meal, we presented the breakfast coupon we were given with the bed and breakfast package and our server told us that she didn't know if we could use it or not because it was Saturday. Really, then why were even given the coupon? She checked with her manager, came back and said that she had made a mistake and apologized and said we could use it.

There seems to be an overall lack of training at this establishment. Having worked at a Five-Diamond Hotel, I must say that Training is taken very seriously and each and every employee must go through a regimented program before they can even perform their job.

There were just too many little "mishaps" that took place during our stay which is why we will not return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We recently went to a wedding in Lake Geneva and had to stay overnight since we live far from there. The people getting married reserved rooms at Geneva Ridge. I was not happy at all when I found out that it would cost $200 for the night, but had no choice so I booked it. The room was clean but average. Two queen beds and a bathroom. We did enjoy the pool area and the food from the pool bar. There were very rowdy people on our floor making noise, playing music, and smoking pot until 3a.m. which was very annoying. I think a place like that should have security checking things out through the night. We had the breakfast buffet the next morning at the restaurant. It was not good and cost $16 per person. Overall the place is overpriced and we will not be going back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Great prices for the 4th. They had food and drink specials all day along with a few games for the kids. Live music was played 12-8 followed by a great view of the fireworks at night. A new (nicely done) fire pit has been put in the back along with an all new pool bar over the past 2 years.

The place was very kid friendly and we were able to stay at the resort and keep busy the whole day. This place has definitely changed 10 fold over the last few years and is a great place to stay for a few days. Hotel staff was all over and very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and in pretty good shape although we weren't in them too often.

Whether you are looking for a place for the family to spend a couple days or just looking to have fun with friends I would highly recommend this place. It's definitely pretty fair for the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

What a gem! My wife and I actually loved that the resort is 5 minutes outside of Lake Geneva, the location provided a little peace and quiet and AMAZING views of Lake Como. The new outdoor patio and pool bar are gorgeous, and staff is beyond friendly. The room was clean and spacious, and we particularly loved the gorgeous tile shower. Ben helped us both over the phone while booking, and during our checkout. He was accommodating, and knowledgeable about any questions we had. Upon checkout he seemed genuinely interested in our feedback. Cannot wait to get away here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Geneva Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!