“Great stay overall” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Geneva Ridge Resort

You added Geneva Ridge Resort to your Saves list
Geneva Ridge Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   W4240 Hwy 50, Lake Geneva, WI 53147 (Formerly Lodge at Geneva Ridge)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Chicago
“Great stay overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Let me start out by saying that we purchased a Groupon for this stay. Overall, we really enjoyed our visit and would return to the resort. The rooms were very nicely decorated and spacious. Our view was of Lake Como, not the parking lot like so many people complained of here. We used our Groupon dining credit for breakfast, not lunch, and thought the food was good and not overpriced. Everyone was friendly and attentive and check in was quite fast. The indoor pool was open and nice looking, although we didn't use it. I do wish the front desk had followed through on their promise to have maintenance reset the browser Friday night when I informed them that internet access wasn't working in our room. I ran into maintenance the next morning and asked them to do this, it was fixed within 10 minutes. And BTW, the dining room isn't adding a mandatory 20% gratuity to the bill anymore like so many Groupon users complained here, I guess they got too many complaints (even though it states as much on the back of the dining credit slips they hand you when you check in).
All-in-all, we really enjoyed our stay and would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room when checking in.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
njhotelgm, General Manager at Geneva Ridge Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
I am glad to hear that you wee able to take advantage of our offer with Groupon! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in this review. While I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay I am sorry that the internet caused your some inconvenience during your visit. I hope that you are able to return after our patio is complete in June. Thank you again for the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed the last weekend in April for two nights. We used our Groupon and when checking in it seemed everyone in front of us was using there's as well. Would the hotel have been empty without all of these Groupon users?

We utilized the dining credit for dinner Friday and Saturday night, as the Sunday brunch seemed extremely over priced. We sat in the window which overlooked the water in the distance which was really nice. The service and food weren't amazing, but we enjoyed our experience.

Upon arrival to our room we noticed right away that the wi-fi wasn't working. I called the front desk and they said we had to log onto the resort homepage and accept the internet user conditions. We couldn't do this because none of our electronics (phones, computers, etc.) could even get a connection to the wi-fi. We went out into the lobby and could get wi-fi service there, but this was extremely inconvenient seeing we both work heavily through emails and need to reply during the 'off' hours. The following day we spoke with a gentleman at the front desk and he was going to tell maintenance about the internet problem to see if it could be fixed. Apparently it couldn't be fixed or nothing was done since when we left on Sunday afternoon there still wasn't service besides in the lobby areas. The $10 fee per night is supposed to cover the shuttle, wi-fi, serivces, etc. and we couldn't even use what we were apparently paying extra for. This was beyond disappointing to us, especially since we talked to staff twice about the issue.

On a more positive note, the rooms were nice and the bathroom was updated. I'm not too sure the beds they advertise are queens, as they seemed quite small to us. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The housekeeping service seemed efficient and was kind to us.

We would consider coming back for another Groupon offer, however, I think the resort could still use some 'refinement.' The rates they charge without the Groupon seem pricey for what they offer, especially considering they don't serve a complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: If possible, choose a room further away from the front desk/lobby area, as the walls are thin and so...
Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I, and our couple friends came with us for a stay on a Saturday night. We arrived and checked in around 4:00 into our nicely renovated room on the third floor (1359). We went to dinner and our reservations were at 6:00 and had a wonderful experience, and the food was delicious. Our boyfriends had the prime rib dinner and I had the salmon, my friend had the steak sandwich and we all shared the fondue (which could have included more bread and been a little more creamy but other than that it was very good). We did not have a problem with service at all, our waitress was very attentive and was very up front with our groupon and the 20% gratuity was not automatically included but we did tip that much.

Following we went and listened to the jazz singer in the bar area and had some drinks and danced. It was a wonderful atmosphere and it was very enjoyable! The singer did a very wonderful job.

There is construction on the property but it was not a hassle for us and did not cause a problem at all. The weather was rainy and cold this past weekend so we went to the indoor pool and spa and enjoyed that for a little bit on sunday morning.

Very pleasurable, relaxing, and we will be returning in the future.

Room Tip: 1359 is a lake facing room with 2 Queens. Nice view of Lake Como and no patio construction
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
njhotelgm, General Manager at Geneva Ridge Resort, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I appreciate your comments about the things that you enjoyed and the constructive feedback. I will be sharing your review (as I do all reviews) with my staff in our weekly staff meeting. I hope that you are able to make it back to the resort after our patio construction is complete. Thank you again, I hope to see you back again soon!
Lisle, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We used a groupon and stayed here this past Friday. The rooms were nicely renovated. The hotel restaurant though is awful. We had to use a dining credit that we received and we would have been better off if we just through it out and went somewhere else to eat. They really need to fix their service and quality of food that they provide. I would have given the place a much better rating if the restaurant was at least average.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
njhotelgm, General Manager at Geneva Ridge Resort, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our offer through Groupon.com and that you enjoyed our renovated guest rooms, but I am disappointed that you did not have the experience that you expected in the restaurant. I am committed to all of our guests having a fantastic time in our Food and Beverage outlets, I am very sorry to hear that we did not deliver that kind of experience to you. If you wouldn't mind I would like to discuss your experience in more detail. At your convenience please contact me at either my direct line 262-249-3851 or my email njohnson@genevaridge.com. Thank you for your feedback.
Naperville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Spent Monday night April 16th at the Lodge and had a blast! Our room was updated, clean and had a beautiful view (Room 1311). The service was outstanding - met the GM Nick Johnson who was "first class". Had beverages and dinner at the bar with quality food and a very pleasant bartender (Amanda). Once the new construction in back is complete, this will be a destination again. The affiliation with Geneva National will also be great for golf packages.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Rich, it was very nice to meet you and your lovely wife last week and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about your experience. I hope that you are able to make it our the resort again after the patio project is completed in June. If you do please let me know I would like to say hello. Thank you again.
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I usually try to point out all of the positives when reviewing hotels on Tripadvisor, but I am sorry to say that I really only have (1) for the Lodge at Geneva Ridge - the newly renovated rooms were very nice and the view spectacular. The rest of the hotel was really not in very good shape. While I understand they are renovating, this could have been easily tolerated considering we had the Groupon, but the the service at the hotel restaurant was really very very poor (even when it was a slow night). To top it off, our waitress added 20% gratuity to the bill and then acted as if we wouldn't notice. This really just made my husband upset. The only other complaint I would add is that (while we knew this going into the Groupon) I don't understand the $10.00 "resort" fee. The only additional resort amenity was the pool (which was also not very clean).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

This was a bad experience all around. We did the Groupon deal. The hotel had nice rooms but that is my only positive comment. The service was bad. It took 45 min to get toothpaste to our room. The restaurant was AWFUL. Their food was bad, their service was even worse. We got 50.00 in food voucher and used it for their breakfast Sunday Brunch. The food was terrible. I wouldnt have paid 10.00 for that terrible food.Then to top it off they make us pay 20% gratuity for a brunch they overpriced. So the waitress we barely saw got this huge tip. That was it for me. I will neve return at that hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
njhotelgm, General Manager at Geneva Ridge Resort, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Nicole, I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your visit this past March. I have read and will be sharing your comments with our Food and Beverage team. I am concerned with the level of service and quality that you experienced. If you are available I would like the opportunity to speak with you about your experience. My direct number is 262-249-3851 or you can email me at njohnson@genevaridge.com . I am sorry that things did no go as we wanted them to. I hope that we are able to speak. Thank you for your candid feedback.

Been to Geneva Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!