“Had a great weekend, will be back again....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Geneva Ridge Resort

You added Geneva Ridge Resort to your Saves list
Geneva Ridge Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   W4240 Hwy 50, Lake Geneva, WI 53147 (Formerly Lodge at Geneva Ridge)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Chicago, Illinois
“Had a great weekend, will be back again....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Just got back home from a great getaway in Lake Geneva and at the Lodge. Arrived on a Saturday afternoon, and even though the parking lot was packed, received a quick and efficient check in. The room was very nice, refrigerator, safe, flat screen tv, comfortable beds, coffee maker, and nice assortment of bath supplies. Only thing that would have been nice to have would be a mirror that wasn't located in the bathroom and a microwave but I guess you can only pack so much into one hotel room. Dinner and breakfast in the restaurant were both very good. They had just started a new menu and it had a great variety of dishes to choose from. For breakfast they had a basic buffet set up as well and hope the brunch returns as that was always exceptional and a great value!!!! The weather was cool for our weekend trip unfortunately and we spent a lot of time in the indoor pool instead of the outdoor pool which we always prefer as its a great setting. The indoor pool was nice but the disappointing thing was the lack of attention there. On Saturday we had to call the front desk for towels as there were none available and no attendant to be found. On Sunday there was a pool attendant but no towels again. When asked if there were any available we were told that all the towels were out at the outdoor pool and wouldnt be available until after labor day indoors and that it was ok to use our room towels. Well, we were already soaking wet and didnt want to walk to our rooms that way so I walked to the outdoor pool to find a girl sitting there with a stack of towels, overlooking an empty pool while the girl in the indoor pool is overlooking a pool full of people with no towels available. I think she was too busy texting as she couldnt even run a grab a few towels for the people that actually needed them. Well, I guess there always have to be one glitch in a get away and we definitely did not let that minor inconvenience deter us from enjoying everything else. All in all it was a great place to stay and we will definitely stay there again....Oh, and forgot to mention the view of the lake, it's incredible especially as the sun is going down!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a Lakeview, patio level.......
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The Lodge was a great place to stay. The rooms were great. The amenities were excellent. The restaurant was good food and good price, and the bar was quite fun. The staff really took care of us.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
njhotelgm, General Manager at Geneva Ridge Resort, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience! Please let me know when you are returning to the area, I would enjoy meeting you during your next visit.
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed at the Lodge at Geneva Ridge this past weekend for a wedding and had an outstanding time. The rooms were a great value for the price- very modernized and clean. The service staff were friendly and generous- they were more than willing to go out of their way to ensure we had a positive experience at the hotel.
I would definitely stay here again and am recommending this hotel to friends who are getting married next fall.

West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We visited the Lodge at Geneva Ridge for a wedding this past weekend and had an amazing experience. Every single employee seemed to be happy and went out of their way to ensure that we had a great time. We did have a few questions regarding where to eat, transportation to our reception, etc. and all of our questions were answered promptly with great information.

Our room was beautiful, clean, and ready for us when we arrived. There was plenty of room even though we split the room with a couple of friends. The beds were comfy, the sheets were changed each morning, and the bathroom had necessities and coffee ready for us in the mornings!

The location was perfect for our trip- extremely close to our wedding, reception, and other places we needed to go including gas stations and food venues. The hotel itself is beautiful and it is quite obvious that the staff cares about their hotel and takes their job seriously. The food available at the hotel was fantastic and very budget-friendly. The drink specials were also fantastic!

I can't think of a single complaint or anything I would change about this location. It is perfect for weddings, vacations, and just spending time with friends and family. The entire staff deserves a round of applause for the way they took care of us during our stay. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you writing about your recent stay and sharing your experience! I am glad that you enjoyed the resort. I hope that you are able to return in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed here for a weekend in August with a large group from the wedding I was attending. Facilities were clean and staff was great. Good location and plenty of room.

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I made a reservation in May of 2011 for September of 2011. Hotels are scarce for this weekend due to a major concert being held in the area (which is what I am attending). Imagine my shock and anger when I get a call telling me that "due to a glitch in the system" they oversold by ONE HUNDRED people and cannot honor my reservation (that I made 2 months ago, mind you). My credit card was deducted half the amount and they held my money for over two months on top of all this!

All I got was a sorry ... no offer to make it right, nothing. I was concerned about staying here after reading the reviews, now I can say I would never book a room here again. This was unforgiveable.

Albuquerque
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We were recently at this hotel, as it was the advised place to stay for a wedding we were attending. Not knowing Lake Geneva, we followed the recommendation of the wedding party and made reservations here. We were disappointed upon arriving and seeing how outdated the exterior of the building was. Sure, the rooms were adequate and updated but the overall feel of the place was depressing. From the antiquated sign in front of the hotel, to the muggy gym to the 1970s ski lodge hallways....no thanks. Regarding the staff, no employee there seemed to know their way around the place and we were left wandering several times The bartender was the only helpful person. After seeing how cute the town of Lake Geneva was, we were cursing the bride and groom for not recommending that we stay at a nicer place in town.....so you might think this place was a bargain, then? Don't kid yourself! Stay somewhere much nicer and I'm sure you will actually enjoy the place!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
njhotelgm, General Manager at Geneva Ridge Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
I am disappointed and very sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected. This property is under new management as of June 1st and we are focused on making the necessary aesthetic and functional enhancements to the property. Your review will certainly assist us in making these changes. Thank you for your candid feedback. If you would like to speak with me directly in regard to your stay please do not hesitate to contact me, my information is below:
phone: 262-249-3851
email: njohnson@genevaridge.com

Been to Geneva Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!