“Great price and nice hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Aurora, Illinois
“Great price and nice hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

This is my third time at this hotel. I like this hotel because it's clean, provides a free breakfast and has a nice pool. Staff is courteous and friendly. My son lives the pool and hot tub, very spacious. We don't typically spend a lot of time in our hotel rooms when we visit lake Geneva, so it's a perfect option.
The only suggestions I have is that the heat was inconsistent and the bathroom could use some minor remodeling. But it really didn't bother is too much.
We will defiantly stay at this comfort suites again!!
Hope this helps!

• Stayed December 2013
TiffinyE, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lake Geneva, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Hello and thank you for your comments! I so appreciate it when our guests take the time out of their day to let us know how we are doing. I have passed your comments along to my awesome staff. We curently are making remodeling improvements at our property. We are doing them in stages. Stop back soon. Id love to give you a tour!

Best Regards,

The Staff and Management of the Lake Geneva Comfort Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotels is great. I was here on business in November. It's clean, breakfast sufficient and the pools are great for families. The location in near to downtown Lake Geneva. The price point is great for this area and my stay was great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your comments! I always apprecaiate hearing from our guests. I would like to invite you back on your next travels through our area and let me show you what we have been working on. Lots of new room items -- I love the new pillows! Hope to see you soon!

Best Regards,

The Staff and Management of the Lake Geneva Comfort Suites
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at this motel. The clerk who checked us in went out of her way to insure that we had everything we needed during our stay. Her name was Peg and I wanted to make sure that her wonderful attitude is commended. She drew us a little map to direct us on the best way to go to view the grounds of the mansions and even told us where we could park for free. There are parking meters everywhere throughout the main tourist areas, so it's always nice to save a dollar or two when you can.

Breakfast was good with waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, pastries, fruit, yogurt and more. The bed was comfy and the room was quiet. We would definitely recommend this motel for anyone traveling in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor, away from the elevator and ice machine and thus very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Plain, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

A friend and I stayed here on a Wednesday night mid-September. The room was only $69.30 due to a 30% off sale. The room had 2 queen beds, a sleeper couch, refrigerator, & microwave.
Room was clean, staff was friendly. The pool opens early so I went swimming before we left for our activities. This hotel has the CLEANEST POOL & HOT TUB I have ever been in - and I've seen a lot! The pool was very warm and the hot tub was hot - loved it! Breakfast was typical.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the first floor near the pool - they said they weren't clean (not sure wh...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a very nice hotel ..clean with pleasent outdoor surroundings. Be sure to call ahead. Lake Geneva is a busy town with lot to see and do. Has some great places to eat along with a few Antique shops.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

This was the best experience we have had since last travels.
Thank you staff. Keep up the good work!we were here for the venetian nights festival selling our seasoned olive oils, canary island garlic and herb olive oils and everyone was very helpful. We travel a ton promoting our seasoned olive oils and this was one of the best.

• Stayed August 2013
Northbrook
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you are smart, you will NOT stay at this place. I am part of a group that booked multiple rooms for a weekend in July. We booked 6 months in advance and have a signed contract. In spite of this, we found out 5 days before we were due to arrive that there were no rooms for us. I suspect they found people willing to pay more for Country Thunder so they just bumped our group. It could happen to you. I suggest you stay at a more reputible establishment

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
JohnVH, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lake Geneva, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your response.

I am sorry that your recent experience with our property was un pleasant. As we had tried to explain to your group - we had blocked off 16 rooms for your group in December for an arrival date of July 18th. This group had a cut off date of June 18th which is 30 days prior to arrival. In the hotel industry this is very standard. This means we hold these rooms until this date. The person who set this group up was to have arooming list with a credit card to hold the reservations by this date. In fact, It was promised by June 15, but the contract date of June 18 was honored. On this date, our system releases any un-picked up rooms and allows others guest to make reservations on them. That is what happened in this situation. On July 7, I received an email stating that your group still required your rooms - at this time the rooms were already sold to other guests. I tried to locate other rooms at a sister property to no avail. I am sorry that your group was left with out rooms on this weekend but it was not with in our reach to take rooms from other guests at this time to accommodate. I do hope that your weekend was pleasant in the end.

Best Regards.

Then Management and Staff of the Comfort Suites of Lake Geneva

Been to Comfort Suites Lake Geneva? Share your experiences!