“Never again....” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Chicago, Illinois
“Never again....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

will I stay at this hotel. Was there recently for a guys weekend. Checked in to my room, immediately found the pull out mattress was soaking wet and stained. Notified the front desk, and they gave me a cot to substitute. Since they couldn't give me another room, the hotel said they would provide compensation for my trouble, since it was obviously not up to par with a $200/night hotel. I'm pretty laid back, so knock $50 dollars off the room, and I probably would have walked away happy.

In the morning, when I went to check out, the staff went back on their word and refused to provide a satisfactory discount for the room. Reason for this was that the hotel staff accused me of vandalizing the hotel computer and "being rude" and threatening to the hotel staff (none of this even remotely true). I could not believe the person at the desk that morning had the audacity to accuse me of such things, and to not once apologize for my terrible hotel experience.

In the end, it was not so much the room quality or (lack of) cleanliness that upset me; things like that happen. But to have the hotel staff insult me and make up accusations was what really made this a terrible experience. I will be taking my business to other hotels in the area, and never again staying at the Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: Stay down the street at The Cove...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
JohnVH, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lake Geneva, responded to this review, September 25, 2011
This comment does not come as a surprise and quite frankly, we expected it! If there is a problem with a room, we are more than happy to resolve the problem or issue but "Guys weekend out" could not describe it better. The behavior and language at 2:30-3:00AM(bar time) was "unacceptable". Our hotel is a family hotel and we cater to business people, seniors, couples, and families alike. This guest's behavior would have been found offensive by many and we must do what is in the best interest for ALL of our guests. A representative from our hotel spoke with this guest AND spoke with his mother & father regarding this matter.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I really liked this hotel. We stayed there as we were attending an event at the nearby Alpine Valley Music Theater. Accommodations are nice, rooms are simple but big and well equipped with a small fridge (or big minibar), microwave, and TV. It also features free internet. Personnel was nice and helpful; it's close to the commercial area as well as to downtown Lake Geneva, but still far enough from both to make it cozy and quiet. We loved the pool facilities: clean, modern and fun. Breakfast is better than the regular bed & breakfast; actually enjoyed it! We would definitely be back if we return to the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We went to Lake Geneva after purchasing a package deal to support our local PBS station. We didn't know any thing about Lake Geneva but were very pleased. Comfort Suites is a little off the beaten path but only a few minutes from the lake and the center of town. It was a very quiet comfortable room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Comfort Suites located in Lake Geneva WI, is the best hotel my husband and I have ever stayed at. The hotel, as well as the room we occupied was very clean. The staff of this hotel was too good to be true, they were very friendly and interacted well with our children. My children later stated to me that the best part of their stay was the staff, the swimming pool, and complimentary breakfast. If I had to describe Comfort Suites in one word I would say "Home"

Room Tip: The rates at Comfort Suites are reasonable and worth every penny.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Oregon, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Close to the action, very comfortable beds and great breakfast when you wake up.What more could you ask for!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I stayed here on June 27th, 2011. Shortly after my stay i noticed red bumps on my body and went to the doctor, who confirmed they were bed bug bites. There's not a chance that this could be from another hotel or location as this is the only hotel i've stayed in for over 1 month. i called the Manager, Jon, 5 times on Friday July 1st and never received a call back to address my concerns. For those of you unaware - bed bugs can travel home with you AND to get 1 room in your house heat treated for these bugs it's $850...so take that into consideration when you are chosing a hotel in Lake Geneva. Jon - thanks for not calling back...in reading other's reviews it appears you need address this issue further - your exterminator led you astray.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
JohnVH, Manager at Comfort Suites Lake Geneva, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
It is nice to see that people are starting to travel again as our occupancy has been up quite a bit over last year. With that being said, I have not heard of any further complaints of "bed bugs" with many nights having a "full house". I have had numerous hang-ups but no messages in regard to this matter. I would be glad to discuss this matter with you...and since I do not know who you are, I can be reached at the hotel at 262-248-2300.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I was with a group of coworkers. In two of our seven rooms there were bedbugs crawling in the bed and on the walls. We all moved to another hotel. Rooms were big, but covers were stained.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
JohnVH, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lake Geneva, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Bed bugs are a HUGE concern nationwide as they should be...Our guests come from all over the country and abroad and bed bugs can be "brought-in" at any time! We take every measure possible to "prevent" the possibility of an infestation. In this case, we contacted our exterminator (a nationally known professional) the following day to inspect/treat the room(s) in question...insects found but no bed bugs...cost $300. We then hired to have "a canine" to come-in and search the rooms...nothing! We then proceeded to have the dog sniff-out the entire property during his visit...we were "clean"...cost $600! We understand the concern of our guests regarding bed bugs and we share that concern...rest assured, we do everything we can to prevent them and we will invest whatever it takes to keep them out!

Been to Comfort Suites Lake Geneva? Share your experiences!