“Owner made this experience a win” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 80 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“Owner made this experience a win”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have to preface that my wife and I have joked over the years we are magnets for bad service, and we both used to work in the hospitality industry. So we take dining out as an adventure.
We went to the restaurant for our very first visit because we had a promotional coupon and were looking to try something new.
The atmosphere was nice, the staff very welcoming and our server was funny and very attentive, although she did forget one requested item (beverage refill). She also mentioned she was pregnant, something else that seems to happen to us while dining, personal experience sharing.

We ordered the Caprese, spiedini and Margherita pizza. The food was good overall, but the texture of the tomatoes on the appetizer plate was a bit soft. The pizza was overloaded with cheese and tomatoes (not romas by the way) in my opinion, but Marg pizzas and bruschetta are two Italian classics that can have so many variations. Pizza was good.

My wife did not care for the Spiedini, but loved her house salad and the vegatable side.
When we settled up, we did not complain about the entree, which was only a third consumed.
The server however picked up on my wife's nonverbal cue and apologized. We were presented with the check and then a man came out from behind the bar, never introduced himself, and spoke directly to my wife about her entree. He took the item off our bill and returned with complimentary gelato.

While we may never know the name of the mystery owner/manager, we will return because we were treated like someone special, even though we are local. Bravo!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Roselle, IL
“Worth the stop but looking forward to coming back for the outside patio in the summer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Went there early December due to an online restaurant certificate and was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant was empty for a Saturday night and service was good, obviously since there were only three other tables filled but very friendly. The place isn't that big so I can imagine there can be a bit of a wait when busy. I had the antipasto appetizer and margarita pizza and both were good. The location right on the lake looks extremely promising in the summer. They have a huge patio-deck in the front with the lake across the street. The only complaint was the wine pour was a little "light" in comparison w other places I have been for the price. With that said, I will definitely be back to eat and enjoy the outdoor ambiance in summer.