“Favorite Weekend getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
St. Charles, IL
“Favorite Weekend getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have been coming to the Cove of Lake Geneva for many years and still enjoy going there again and again. In particular I like their Happy Hour from 5-7 PM every night except for Sunday. Their pool and hot tub are my favorite hangouts. Having a restaurant right in the hotel is also a plus. Of course, it helps that the restaurant has a German flavor. The location is so convenient that I very seldom need my car while there for the weekend. One can walk to everything including downtown and my favorite which is a small wooden walkway I call it the "Expect a Miracle" bridge along the lake where I can make a wish and ring a bell so that the wish gets carried out into the world (the bell is my Buddhist prayer flag). I would recommend the Cove to anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel with friendly and helpful staff and convenient location. Enjoy Jim (JR)

Room Tip: Look for the Commodore Suite with its separate bedroom located away from the hallway, all inclusive...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paula H, Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
It gives me great pleasure here at the Cove of Lake Geneva to thank you for you continued patronage. It is guests such as yourself that continue to make the Cove of Lake Geneva such a success. I am happy to hear that you enjoy our amazing walk to everything Lake Geneva has to offer location and the adjoining Sprecher's restaurant. Our swimming pool area is the largest in Lake Geneva and it is a great place to unwind after a day of walking the Lake trail. Again, thank you for your continued patronage and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Paula Holmes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

For several years we have resided at The Cove for a Family/Friends Ski Getaway. The condo are individually owned and some are updated while others are not. However, we receive very good customer service. The representatives were very polite and accommodating. We had an issue with our sofa bed and maintenance was not available, they gave my elderly mother a complimentary room for one night. My mother was comfortable and did not want to leave the room the following day. Management understood my mother's frustration and allowed her to stay the second evening for half price. The staff demonstrated extreme courtesy and very good customer service. I would definitely refer others to The Cove for a weekend stay.

Room Tip: If you are fortunate to stay in an updated condo and you had a good experience and would like to vis...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your most recent visit to the Cove of Lake Geneva. It is guests such as yourself that continue to make the Cove of Lake Geneva successful. It gives me great pleasure here at the Cove to thank you for you continued patronage and I am happy that we are consistently able to exceed your expectations with our courteous and accomodating staff. We look forward to serving you again next year on our annual ski trip.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Every February we visit the Cove for a weekend getaway! We always stay in an Anchor Suite. We love the location because we can park the car on Friday when we arrive and don't need it again til it's time to leave. We always take a walk by the lake and visit the local shops. We definitely make a stop at Popeye's for their delicious food and drinks! Our room was on the 3rd floor this year and for some reason it was EXTRA warm even with the heat turned off. Otherwise we were satisfied as always--enjoyed the in-room fire place, flat screen TV, and kitchen facilities. We were able to bring a lot of our food and prepare it right in the room. We'll be back again next year for sure!

Room Tip: Print out the 20% off coupon from the Oaklee's Guide online!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Paula H, Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
It gives me great pleasure here at The Cove of Lake Geneva to thank you for your continued patronage. It is guests such as yourself that continue to make the Cove a success. I am excited to hear that you always enjoy our amazing walk to everything Lake Geneva has to offer location and our spacious, well appointed suites. I do apologize for the excessive warmness in your suite and will have maintenance look into the heating unit that is in the unit that you occupied. Thank you again for posting your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I took my children to the Cove to swim for the night. We arrived at the hotel, and the front desk gal was wonderful. However, as our stay continued, we realized the staff was very unprofessional and very, very rude. They took the attitude that "I am the manager, and you are not...and I will not listen to your issues...I make the final decisions." Not a good attitude to make ones stay a good one. We also noticed in the pool area that the celing leaks...on myself and my children...and there was a great deal of mold on the ceiling. Made us feel very dirty. I hope that the "team" comes together to realize that the customer is the most important part of their job. I hope they can clean the pool area because it really is great for small children.

Room Tip: did not stay the evening
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your most recent visit to the Cove of Lake Geneva. I am pleased to hear that the guest service representitive at check in was wonderful and I apologize that as your stay progressed, you did not find the remaining staff that you came into contact with to be just as wonderful. We pride ourselves on customer service and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you so that I may fully understand how you found the other staff unprofessional and rude. We are having some issues with the ventilation system in the indoor pool area currently and we are working steadily to get them resolved. I realize that may guests will find the pool area unacceptable currently and hope that they can understand we are trying to resolve the issues. Once all of the ventilation is fixed, we will be treating the walls as they need to be and repainting the indoor pool area. Again, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and please do not hesitate to call me directly at 262-249-9460 ext. 181 to discuss your experience further.

elgin,il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We,ve tried others but always return to The Cove.Excellent front desk experience.Never had an issue with our suite.Lots of room.Great Bloody Marys at the bar.We are headed back today and are VERY EXCITED!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that views the lake.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your continued patronage to the Cove of Lake Geneva. It is guests such as yourself that continue to make the Cove of Lake Geneva successful. I am glad that you have always found your way back and enjoy our spacious suites. I am glad to hear that you have always had an amazing experience with the customer service staff as we do pride ourselves on exceptional customer service. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

First the positives: very friendly front desk staff, quick check-in, and plenty of parking in a town where parking comes at a premium. The housekeeping staff was very helpful and put up with my attitude problem :)

The negatives: dirty, old, dank. I had a room on the first floor, and the carpet outside my room was positively repugnant. I mean, this carpet was filthy. Stains, bleach marks, just absolutely nasty. The room was large with a separate sleeping area. Bed itself was not very comfortable, and the room could really use an update.

I don't know if I would stay here again. It's a great location and the pool is a lot of fun, but the place is so dirty it's borderline unacceptable.

Room Tip: Ask them to put you where the carpet has been cleaned in the last decade.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Paula H, Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback from your most recent visit to the Cove of Lake Geneva. I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our swimming pool area and our amazing downtown Lake Geneva location. I am glad that you found the staff friendly and helpful and I do apologize that you found the hallway carpet completely unacceptable. I am currently working on pricing to have all of the hallways professionally cleaned as we have been unable to keep up with them within the property itself. Please also be aware that each of our units are individually owned and some have been updated more recently than others. It is my hope that you will stay with us again in the near future so that we may have the opportunity to regain your confidence.

Elgin, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

stayed for a weekend had a great time love the pool for the small kids.
The hotel was in walkimg distance to town and all the shops across the street from the lake walked it all great location.
will go back

Room Tip: We had a room that over looked the pool
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Paula H, Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your most recent visit to the Cove of Lake Geneva. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our largest indoor pool area that Lake Geneva has to offer. It is a great spot to come with children of all ages and I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our walk to everything Lake Geneva has to offer location. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Paula Holmes

Been to Cove of Lake Geneva? Share your experiences!