This spot was our choice for a three-day getaway after Christmas. We likes the idea of having a kitchen so we could prepare comfort food and leftovers from the holidays, and then splurge on spas. We were early to check-in, and figured we'd go wander and come back when the room was ready. It was ready so we put our stuff in the room and began our getaway.
This was an ideal space for two and could have comfortably accommodated four with the sofa bed. The kitchen had cooking and eating utensils, dishes & bowls, a full fridge/freezer, electric stove/oven, and dishwasher. That said- if you are planning to use the kitchen bring paper towels, dish soap, a good sponge, and dishwashing detergent.
The TV was sensibly sized in the LR space and had cable and a DVD player. It was wall-mounted above a great gas fireplace. If you don't BYO DVD's, there is a rental kiosk ($3/night) by the front desk. Everything was clean, the place was quiet at night. They have an indoor pool and hot tub. Both were great to use and not over-chlorinated, like some other places.
The beach is literally a block away. It was too cold (December) to swim, but it was still pretty, and a short walk to the downtown as well.
The most frustrating part of our trip was the reservation- which was NOT the fault of anyone at the Cove. We booked with miles from a credit card and the reservation went through twice. The card referred us to a travel site, and the travel site help desk was closed for the weekend. By the time it opened and we were able to cancel one of the reservations, they said we would have to pay a penalty for canceling the reservation within 72 hrs of checkin. We spoke with Paula at the Cove and she took care of everything- she's awesome!
- Also Known As:
- Cove Of Lake Geneva Hotel
- Cove Of Lake Geneva Hotel Lake Geneva
- Cove Lake Geneva
- Lake Geneva Cove
- The Cove Lake Geneva Wi
- Cove Hotel Lake Geneva
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against the stunning shoreline of Geneva Lake and in the heart of town, The Cove of Lake Geneva is the ideal hotel for everything from girls shopping getaways and family vacations to romantic weekends and business travel. Guests will find exceptional comfort in our all-suite resort featuring the areas most exclusive setting, all within walking distance to Lake Geneva’s main attractions.The Cove proudly offers 222 spacious suites complete with all the amenities you need for an exceptional stay. Our all-suite resort features fully equipped kitchens, fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, and spacious balconies or patios. Guests may choose from a variety of room suite options to suit your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Cove of Lake Geneva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.