“Great downtown hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great downtown hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I booked myself and two friends at this hotel to attend a local convention just by the online reviews and location. I'm glad I did. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating, allowing us to check in about 5 hours early! The off season rates were great. For what I would normally pay for a low-end hotel room on business travel I got a legitimate suite, apartment really, a half block away from the Starbucks and two blocks from all of the downtown eateries and shopping area. Couldn't have been happier with my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Mary O, Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for your great review.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to your next visit and hope that it is very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Schaumburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This was our first time visiting Lake Geneva. We picked The Mil Creek Hotel based on online reviews and are happy to say they were accurate. This hotel has the friendliest and most accommodating staff we've experienced. They made you feel like they really wanted you there and wanted you're trip to be a great experience. The hotel is located right downtown, very convenient to all shopping on main street, bars, restaurants and the lakefront. The room was spacious, included a kitchen (with full size fridge, stove & dishwasher), dining room, tv room & the bedroom was separate from everything else with double doors for privacy. Bed was king size, very comfortable. Can't say the same for the sleeper sofa, it was very uncomfortable to spend the night on. I suggest using it for young kids that might not care. Also had a balcony with a couple of chairs on it that overlooked a small creek. The bathroom had us all gasping when we saw the size of the jacuzzi bathtub, two adults could sit side by side in it comfortably and taller people wouldn't feel cramped for leg room. Biggest tub I've ever seen with tons of jets you could direct where you wanted them. The only negative we came across was the lack of hot water in the shower if you waited till later in the morning to take one. There was plenty early in the am but by 10 or so the hot water ran out in about 5 minutes. Overall we were very satisfied and would definitely come back. Great value for the cost!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 109, great room with easy access to continental breakfast area, activity room, fro...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Mary O, Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was so accommodating. Thanks for the info on the sofa beds, we have been looking at new options.
We welcome your next visit to Lake Geneva and Mill Creek Hotel, and sincerely hope that it is very soon!
Schaumburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We just recently stayed at The Mill Creek during my daughter's Spring Break. Needless to say about how horrible this winter has been and still continues to be, we had a wonderful time. Rooms are beautiful, clean and spacious. I had my 6 year old and 15 month old baby with me and we slept comfortably. The pull out couch is a little uncomfortable because of the thin mattress but my 6 year old had no problems with it. So she slept there by herself ;) The kitchen comes with full pots and pans, dishes, and everything which I appreciate. All I did was bring plenty of food. And if you run out the convenient store is not far. Although the weather was not good we pretty much stayed indoors and utilized their indoor pool. Water was a little chilly at first but when I told the staff they were very friendly and raised the temps up for me. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This is the main reason I enjoy coming back. Kudos to Juan for recommending the arcade room at The Cove for my children, since it was so cold to take a walk around the lake during my stay there. I really appreciate the staff in making sure their guest are well taking care of. We plan on coming back when the weather gets better. I definitely recommend staying here for any weekend getaway, romantic getaway or any type of family function. Great location and plenty to do if the weather permits.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Mary O, Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your review, and for spending spring break with us in Lake Geneva.
We agree that our location is just ideal, and we're glad that our team was so helpful and accommodating so that you could really enjoy your visit.
We look forward to your next stay with us and hope that is very soon!
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

"We came here for a Valentine's Day/Birthday/Wedding Anniversary weekend because we wanted to try a new property than where we stayed, before...and the price was good for what we were getting. In short, after a Lake Geneva "break"--we had not been in a few years--we may be back to stay at MC as soon as the weather breaks, this year.

Getting the basics out the way...location, perfect. As stated in earlier posts, it is in walking distance to all of downtown Lake Geneva. Oh, I added the Romance Package--sparkling grape juice (sub champagne, if you partake), two MC glasses, chocolates and popcorn--from local, longstanding biz (Kilwins), and two dining certs--breakfast at Egg Harbor ($20), dinner at a local restaurant ($50; 5 spots to choose from, most in walking distance--we did our fav, Popeye's). Free, covered parking (a rarity for us Chicagoans and a definite perk when it snows--which it did during our stay). Our room was a "little" dated--including older phones and one of our closet doors came off the track (no big deal, maintenance was on it), but clean and large with a full kitchen--almost like a small 1BR apartment--and a nice size jacuzzi tub with a shower. On this, alone, I could give our stay four stars. What happened during our stay earned this property and staff the final star. (This going to be long, but I hope you can fight your ADD and/or bear my lengthy description)

Upon arriving in LG, I took my wife to the Next Door Pub (good lunch spot, def rec). Towards the end of lunch, she chipped a molar while eating--resulting in a sharp, jagged section. Initially, did not seem like a big deal--until we settled in. After a nap, she realized the tooth was cutting her tongue. So, I begin looking up remedies (dental wax) and 24-hour emergency OR Saturday appt. Nothing in Lake Geneva. When we leave to get the wax, we stop by the desk and Sam who was on the evening desk shift) tries to find a place with Sat hours. Again, nothing. (Have the dentists taken a pledge to NOT work on Sat?). However, she was going to contact a Dentist she worked for to see if they may were open on Sat. So, Friday dinner was shot--soup for her, KFC for me. Oh yeah, she was not a happy camper...and when mama ain't happy...

The next morning, we got up and tried Egg Harbor hoping the wax would stay in place. I had no luck with two dentists that came up on our dental plan site with weekend hours AND the wax eventually came out halfway through the meal--which was good and provided with great service. So, back to the hotel to replace the wax. When we arrived, Sam showed us a list of places she checked out when she arrived, that morning--some beyond what I found, but none were opened on Sat--including her former employer. Another member of the MC staff, April, overheard our plight and said there was a dentist, Mary Waller, in Genoa City (while I had no clue where that was, I was willing to drive back to IL to make "mama" happy), that may be able to assist and was a good dentist. Yet another staff, Juan, had Mary's number in his phone and called immediately. I talked to the receptionist who told me to come in about 11--in two hours--and they would try to get my wife in. While I was on the phone ANOTHER staff, Ray, wrote down basic directions and talked me through to make sure I understood. (City Boy CAN figure out county roads, but Ray made it simple.)

After applying more wax to minimize the pain, we chilled in the room for a bit then headed to the office. While we anticipated a wait, when we arrived, the receptionist greeted my wife by name--recognizing the stress in her "hello"-- provided her with the usual paperwork to fill out. In the waiting area, there was one person--turns out they were waiting on their child. The dentist wrapped up her patient about 5 mins after my wife finished the paperwork. She came and talked to my wife. Within 15 mins, she x-rayed, assessed the tooth, smoothed out the jagged edges of the tooth...and "mama" was happy...and the weekend was saved!

So, there you have it, as a result of a team effort from the Mill Creek staff, a nice weekend getaway was saved.

SN: if you are a dentist, you may want to consider having an office in LG with Saturday hours."

Mary O, Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thanks so much for taking your time to write such a great review.
We are very happy that we were able to help get your wife's tooth taken care of so you could enjoy your visit. Thank you for all the lovely compliments to our Mill Creek team.
We look forward to your next visit with us and sincerely hope that it is very soon!
Minooka, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The hotel was awesome. We only stayed one night, but it was a perfect night! Staff was very nice and helpful. They even upgraded us upon arrival to a gold room with no request from us. The room was set up very nice and was also very clean. Great views also. Nice to be so close to the downtown area as well. The continental breakfast was a little weak but an easy trade off for all the other amenities. We would definitely stay here again when we have a return visit to beautiful Lake Geneva.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mary O, Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for your great review. We are so glad that you had such a wonderful stay.
We look forward to your next visit to Lake Geneva and hope that is very soon!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I always take a getaway weekend to Lake Geneva for Valentine's Weekend--we've always stayed at The Cove but weren't satisfied customers last year, so we decided to give Mill Creek a try. We were SO pleased with the switch! Our room was a Bronze Suite on the top floor--with only 33 units, the hotel felt very cozy. There was an enclosed Queen size bedroom with a dresser, two night stands, TV and closet. There was a kitchenette, table and counter seating as well as a fire place, TV, coffee table and sofa sleeper in the front area. We had a balcony (covered with snow so we didn't get much use out of that this trip) and windows overlooking the Main Street area. The only drawback was the loading dock of the post office being outside the bedroom window--it was pretty loud first thing in the morning but thankfully didn't last very long. The staff we encountered were tremendous and very friendly! When we checked in, I was given a carnation and a planner/calendar as a Valentine gift :) Upon leaving, they asked how everything was and when we said how satisfied we were, the gentleman informed us that on our next reservation we would receive a discounted rate as return guests. We are already planning to return with our son this summer for a birthday weekend trip. Thanks Mill Creek! Can't wait to see you again :)

Room Tip: The rooms on the back end of the hotel look out onto the creek behind the hotel. Parking is better...
Mary O, Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your great review. We are excited to be your new "go-to" hotel in Lake Geneva, and will do our best to exceed your expectations. We do realize that there are some noises that go with the downtown location, and we're glad that they didn't go on very long.
Thank you again for your review and we sincerely look forward to your next visit and hope that it is indeed very soon!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Outstanding accommodations, We were looking for a place close enough to drive, but somewhere that was a diviation from the normal routine. We stayed in the platinum suite, and it was perfect. Tons of room, seperate bath, bedroom, and living area. Full kitchen. The views were great of the lake and the creek. We are hoping to return in the warm weather months to take advantage of the lake and nearby nature areas.

Room Tip: Stay on 3rd floor if you can, and try to get the south facing suite which gives you great view of la...
Mary O, Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for your great review.
We are delighted that you had such a fantastic stay.
We look forward to your next visit and hope that it is very soon!

Been to Mill Creek Hotel? Share your experiences!