“Nice suprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Lake Geneva
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Nice suprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at the Mill Creek last May (2012). As I was recently looking at the website I realised I never posted a review of my stay as I promised myself I would. I visit from Australia as my son lives near Lake Geneva. Prior to my last visit I was a bit concerned as I read a few unfavorable reviews. I stayed for 2 weeks and found the Mill Creek to be an excellent hotel. The staff were VERY friendly, especially the lady at reception who would always have a chat with me and would point out the places nearby that I may find of interest. The room (3rd floor) was very clean and comfortable. Easy parking on site. The location is second to none with everything within walking distance. I intend visiting Lake Geneva again within the next 12 months (this time bringing my wife) and look forward to staying at the Mill Creek again.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for the Silver room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mary O, Director of Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at Mill Creek Hotel.
We look forward to your next visit, and will continue to do our best to exceed your expectations.

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just like being home...comfortable!!

Best pizza place, Geneva Lake right out the front door.
Nice pool and exercise area looking at a quiet little creek.
Not a lot of kids running around...very quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary O, Marketing Director at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit and hope you will like the updates we are completing this year.
Madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel is right in the downtown, parking is included in price. Geneva Lake few steps away, restaurants and bars too.
We liked the room a lot, the only but was that you could hear people from upstairs. There must have been a child staying in the room above us, because we could hear someone running all around and it was pretty loud.
When leaving we wanted to print out a document for The Dancing Horses theater where we were headed, but the printer in the activity room had no ink and the front desk clerk just said she was sorry and didn´t offer any other help.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your stay. It's great to hear that our location was to your liking. We think our location is absolutely fantastic for the downtown area. I am sorry that not everything was quite perfect during your stay, though. We always do our best to accommodate all of our guests, and appreciate it when guests bring issues to our attention. We are a very small hotel and I know that sometimes it is difficult to remedy all situations as quickly as we would like to. I do hope that the printer ink was filled promptly so you could get your documents printed efficiently. We sincerely would like you to stay with us again when you visit Lake Geneva.
Joliet, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I wrote a review on here before about this hotel and stated that I loved it. When we first started staying here, everything from the people to the rooms were top notch. We would stay 3 to 4 times a year, never even looking at a different hotel. The front desk staff was like family... always treating each guest with a smile and the utmost respect... like family. That is why we came back often. Just got home from a trip there again, the rooms were still great, but the front desk staff left much to be desired!! When we came to check in, yes, we were early, but we got a look like we were totally interrupting her. She was not friendly at all at check in and possibly even worse at check out. There was 1 other person at the desk when we went to check out, so we waited. She was not talking to this other guest, but typing. We were not even acknowledged!! We have always booked our room for winterfest a a year in advance, but not this year. The housekeeping staff was friendly, but we were very disappointed in the front desk!! Never got a smile or an enjoy your stay... NOTHING!! I am afraid we will have to be on the lookout for a different hotel where people like our business. This never happened when Juan worked there!!! This is the second year with the same problem, I tried giving the benefit of the doubt, but not happy with the result!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
I am also very disappointed that you did not feel as appreciated as you have during your previous stay. We always strive to treat our guests with the utmost of care. We also think of our our small hotel staff and guests as family and want you to know that you are definitely appreciated. I will discuss this with the staff because I know that even the small gestures can mean so much. I do hope that you will stay with us on your next visit to Lake Geneva.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

i stay their in 9/03/12 and they was very nice stuff at the hotel the room was very clean and big and they where close to the shop down town lake geneva and the vow was very nice to look out the balcone and i sat out their and look at the flower and i had and fire place in my room and kichen too and it was very wonderful james

Room Tip: look for the picture on hotel and ask the staff that work at the hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Mary O, Marketing Director at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your suite, the views, and location. We look forward to your return visit.
Arcadia, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was impressed with the room I stayed in,everything worked, plenty of room and a nice view of the creek, the staff was friendly and helpful. Only disappointments were, the room I was reserved on the 3rd floor was not available due to recarpeting and I saw that early checkin was available for a fee which was important to me as I am handicapped and needed to rest after a long trip but when I arrived I was told that was not an option and sat in my car to wait. I am planning another trip there in February and hope I can get a room on the third floor.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
We are happy that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your next stay with us. We work all the time to update and maintain the property and that can affect certain areas. Perhaps you can give us a call a couple of days before your visit and we can help ensure your request for a third floor suite, we want your stay to be most enjoyable.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My mom and I stayed two nights mid week. I requested a room on the top floor, in the back of the hotel (facing the stream). It's a small hotel, but no top floor rooms available. We ended up in the back, on the first floor. Our room was closest to the weight room, vending machine for DVDs and pool. The entrance to the hotel is small and dark, with the small front desk right as you walk into the hotel. The elevator is right there, as well. Hallways seem small in width, and the green paint makes them feel "dark." There is a parking garage under the hotel. It is open, with some spots covered/others not. It's small, so one car per guest room. We saw several people park there and walk into town, to avoid the paid parking there. The hotel front desk said it doesn't check to make sure spaces are for guests only, although garage signs say they do. The room itself was very adequate. The kitchenette was useful and clean, with enough space to eat at the counter or the dining table. Fireplace was also nice; the patio is small with sideways views of the park/stream. The queen bed was not terribly comfortable, nor was the pull out couch. We ended up putting sheets/blankets on the couch to sleep, rather than pulling it out into a bed. Bathroom was spacious, and the large jet tub was a plus. More lighting would be nice, however. One of my concerns when staying in hotels is the noise, which is why I try to stay on the top floor, away from the elevator, ice machine, pool, etc. This room was very noisy. We heard people in the weight room (next door) dropping weights, kids running through the halls above us, people using their jetted tub at 11:00 pm (despite signs in the bathroom not to, because of the noise), and people talking and yelling outside our window, since we were directly above the garage. We ended up trying to drown out the noise by turning on the noisy heating unit, and opening the windows so we wouldn't burn up. The hotel is in a great spot in LG. First floor rooms can view the stream and trees, but really no lake. We walked everywhere-which was nice. When I mentioned the noise to the front desk, they just said "sorry." I should note that the only time we were spoken to when entering or leaving the hotel, was when we checked in and out. Otherwise, front desk staff never looked up, greeted us, or asked if they could be of any help. We are frequent visitors to LG, but will look at other options in the future.

Room Tip: Upper levels, though they will cost more due to their size, may be a better bet for quiet. The back...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mary O, Marketing Director at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and telling us about your experience.
We always appreciate our guests' comments and concerns, and will address them.
We think that our staff is very friendly and personable; some guests prefer more suggestions and some like their privacy..
We do hope that you will stay with us again.

Been to Mill Creek Hotel? Share your experiences!