“Beautiful Room overlooking nature walk” 5 of 5 stars

Mill Creek Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Center St, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Freeport, IL
“Beautiful Room overlooking nature walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Mill Creek Hotel 3-10-2012-a Staurday night. I found this Hotel by looking at other reviews. It was a pleasant surprise to see that it was a smaller Hotel and find that the room was So beautiful and even more beautiful was standing on porch and looking at the stream that runs alongside the Hotel. The birds were busy singing and it was like being all alone even though you were in a Hotel.
The Hotel is close to everything and you can see Lake Geneva from the balcony too.
We had such a nice peaceful stay-our mini-vacation. Would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: The even side rooms are on the stream and nature side.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and 1 year old daughter and was impressed. The lobby can be deceiving by its size and dated look but the room with its amenities is another story. We rented a suite and it surpassed expectations. Very clean, large and comfortable. Bathroom is great and my wife loved the tub. Location is right downtown so no need to pick up car keys once checked in.

Will be returning in the future!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Racine, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

The Mill Creek Hotel was a very nice place to stay. Above average. Extremely impressed with the size of the Suite and the modern amenities (as compared to our first impression of the lobby). My husband & I walked to the front desk and when a gentleman with a baby stroller walked through the front doors, the lobby was instantly crowded. The very slow elevator ride had us nervously giggling. We hovered at our 3rd floor stop for a good few seconds before it settled in and the doors finally opened. So if your clausterphobia makes you weary of elevators, take the stairs or stay on a lower floor. We'd booked on-line and chose a Bronze Suite, the least expensive of the types of suites. When reading through all the booking notations, it makes it absolutely clear about their fees and policies. This is a boutique hotel not a predictable, huge chain. Through recommendations read on-line, I'd requested a high floor and received room 304. I loved the skylight in the living area and with the room set up, I could watch tv in the living area while soaking in the ginormous, tub. We turned on the fireplace, via a windey, timey thingey on the wall, and it made the place cozy. So cozy that we had to open the door to the balcony to cool the place off. (We thought of turning down the heat, but the marker-written notes on the heating/cooling unit had clear instructions not to stray passed the "comfort zone" marked off on the dial). The cute balcony, furnished with 2 comfy looking lounge chairs, was overlooking the back of a low building and parking lot (as bronze was the least expensive, but we weren't here for the view). I'd read that if it wasn't busy, I could ask for a view of the creek, but I wasn't sure if I'd then be charged the Gold or Platinum rate for the view and I didn't feel comfortable enough at the check in to ask for a free upgrade. (I'd already felt I was putting the Front Desk person out for the higher room). There was another nice sized tv in the bedroom nook but since it wasn't too far off the living area, it tended to turn on/off when powering up/off the tv in the living area with the remote. The bed was very comfortable and supportive. Loved the extra available pillows & blankets and was pleased to see a soft, knitted blanket as well. Slept like a log. I wish I'd packed some eggs, bacon & toast as the kitchen area made me want to cook! It had a full sized fridge, electric, glass cooktop, microwave, sink & dishwasher. Came complete with pots & pans, dishes, glasses, tableware, coffee pot & toaster... it was too bad we were only staying for the 1 Sunday night (if we booked for Saturday night, it would've been a 2 night minimum). The jetted tub was huge, lavish and indulgent & filled quickly. But make sure you fill it with hot water & run the jets a bit before actually using it because when we turned it on, there were little, flakey bits of flotsam & jetsam that spewed out (although not too much). With all the little quirkes aside, it really was a nice getaway with very nice amenities. We didn't have much interaction with the staff (checking in was fine enough and checking out was super quick). The small parking area is free to guests and a good portion of it was covered (as it's partly beneath the hotel) and I appreciated the elevator access from the lot. I can definitely recommend this for adults and check the column as a romantic stay. I've paid more for a bland Comfort or Hampton Inn so this is really getting a LOT for the value. I must reiterate the convenience of the location, just off of Main street shopping and so close to the lake. All in all a really enjoyable stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012 via mobile

Clean & friendly in a great location! Covered parking, right next to the lake. Within walking distance to everything.

Oh, all of that and very affordable. Would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed January 2012
Mary O, Director of Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thanks for the great review. We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit!
Orlando, Florida

Walk to everything

• Stayed February 2011
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My fiance and I went on a little getaway trip here and loved it. GREAT location-- across the street from the Lake, updated LARGE fancy suites-- living room, dining room, kitchen has wine glasses and even a blender! There are so many fun things to do for a few days here in Lake Geneva even in the dead of winter-- wine tastings, massages, casual or fancy dining... fabulous for a getaway!! :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Mary O, Marketing Director at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
We have to agree that The Mill Creek Hotel is in the perfect downtown Lake Geneva location and a romantic getaway spot, too. It sounds like you really enjoyed the many things to do any time of year around here. We hope to see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in early November 2011 to celebrate our 20th anniversary with a night in Lake Geneva. Honestly, we found the entire experience there to be very enjoyable, with the front desk staff being quite friendly and our room being very comfortable and clean. In our case my credit card was billed correctly, so I cannot speak to the negative reviews about financial issues that other people experienced with this hotel. It is relevant to note, however, that our stay occurred on a Tuesday night during the off-season, so there was hardly anyone staying at the hotel when we were there. As such, I cannot speak to what things are like during the busier times, but my hope, of course, is that the service would be comparable. In any event, if we do visit Lake Geneva again for an overnight stay, we would not hesitate to stay at the Mill Creek Hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a view of the creek, which is on the south side of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to your next visit at The Mill Creek Hotel.

Been to Mill Creek Hotel? Share your experiences!