“I'd go again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark

You added Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark to your Saves list
Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7020 Grand Geneva Way at Hwys 50 East & 12, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
St. Paul
“I'd go again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

Our family enjoyed the stay at Timber Ridge! We had a 2-level room and our girls liked being able to sleep in their "own room" with a TV! The room was a nice size and the kitchen amenities were great. Always a plus when travelling with children! After checking in we immediately changed and headed to the water park. A Thursday night arrival was great because the waterpark was not too busy. The next day we took a trip to the stables and went for a pony ride! All in all a great experience at Timber Ridge. I've tried to come up with a least favorite thing and all I can say is the towels at the water park were a little small!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Dekalb County, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

Visited this place about 18 months ago and it was fine, but this time it was run down and just generally not up to snuff.
The water park is not overly large and with our stay being a Sunday thru Tuesday stay over Spring Break, the water park was jammed. You had to wait forever for a raft to use the waterslide or the lazy river ride. The towels are about the size of hand towels and very rough. This water area is all the kids are interested in and it's just not big enough, too over crowed, if you are not down there by 10:15 am, forget trying to find a place to sit.
The restaurant was billowing smoke out on the 2nd,3rd, and 4th floors and the food and service were mediocre at best.
Our room had broken and bent blinds on the (2) windows, and the metal at the top of the 30 minute fireplace was bent and hanging down, the front right arm was falling off the overstuffed chair, the elevator was filthy and you wait for it for a long time.
Not enough value for the cost of the rooms, not clean. On Tuesday morning, when we we out for our $25.00 breakfast coupon, their was a stack of towels, sheets and garbage right beside our door, and needless to say, breakfast was a joke at the Hungry Moose, or whatever it's called.

Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

Me and my extended family stayed for one night at the Timber Ridge in February 2009. Our group included eight adults and five kids under the age of 8. We got 2 two-bedroom units. The rooms themselves were okay. They were on the small side. There was a whirlpool bath which was nice. Our room was on the dirty side. There was a gross stain on the carpet that we placed a towel over so as not to step in it...

The waterpark was okay. It was small and very crowded. One of the pools closed down for a few hours while we were there. The waterpark didn't open until 10 am on Sunday which I feel is too late. Little ones don't sleep until 10 so we really would have liked to get swimming sooner. The changing locker room was VERY small and not very nice.

Overall it was not a good value for our family. It was very expensive for not much in the way of rooms and service. We stayed here because of location, but I think in the future we'll make the drive to the Dells.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
beechj, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this review, March 13, 2009
Dear Recent Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time and letting us know about our shortcomings. Our team strives to exceed every guests expectations, and I apologize that we were unable to do that during your stay with us.

Please know that the carpet stain and room cleanliness will be addressed and immediately remedied.

We understand that each guest is our most valuable customer and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust in Timber Ridge. Please reach out to me personally so I can insure that you receive the expeirence you deserve.

Regards,

Bruce Johnson
262.249.3450
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

We decided quite last minute to take a one night getaway with our almost 2 year old to Timber Ridge Lodge. Just a day before our planned departure, I was able to get a decent rate (much much cheaper than the places I checked in the Dells). We arrived around 3 on Sunday afternoon, checked in and headed to the waterpark. It was quite busy, but our little guy had fun splashing around in the toddler/kiddie area. The waterpark certainly does not rival the megaresorts in the Dells, but it is adequate and most everyone seemed to be having fun. We spent about an hour and a half in the water park before heading back to the room to change and head out to dinner. Didn't eat at the resort at all, so I can't comment on that.

Overall, the room was perfect for us. Our son goes to bed around 7, so when we've spent time in hotels with him in the past it made for a long, quiet time in the room after he went to bed. With the one bedroom setup, we put his crib in the living room area and brought a dvd from home to watch in the bedroom. There was some noise from the outdoor hot tub, which is open in the winter. We were in a room that faced the outdoor pool so the hot tub wasn't far from our window. The waterpark and hot tub shutdown at 8 so it wasn't an issue after that. Didn't hear any noise from the hallway or other rooms as other people have commented on. Our room was clean but I agree with others that it could use some updating. Nothing gross or that makes the room uninhabitable, just things like old lamp shades and run down carpet. Bed was fine....not the best hotel bed I've slept on but not the worst. We were up early as we usually are in our house. Again, didn't eat breakfast at the resort but came back to the waterpark, which opened at 10. Was surprised that there were still quite a few people there on a monday morning until I figured out the many Chicago area schools were off. Only stayed at the waterpark for about 45 minutes. Wanted to change in the room before checkout at 11. Note that there are locker rooms by the water park and you are allowed to use the water park after you check out, but we wanted to be home by naptime anyways. Checked out via the phone and off we went. Overall, was very happy with our stay. It was a perfect little 45 minute drive for us from home and we enjoyed the waterpark and the room. Had no issues with the service and the waterpark, room, and hotel in general was clean considering the volume of kids that are running around. If you're looking for a quiet, romantic get away, you can do much better in Lake Geneva. If you're looking for a family getaway with good sized rooms and a fun waterpark without the longer drive to the dells (if you've coming from Milwaukee/Chicago of course), you would do well here.

chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

Last weekend, in the middle of a coldsnap, my kids really wanted to go swimming. We've stayed at Timber Ridge Lodge before, on 2 other occasions, and thought it was okay. I went to their website, and made a reservation, I think out room rate for a 2 bedroom suite was around $300.00. I loaded up my three kids, and 2 neighbor kids and off we headed. The lobby was big and inviting, and the front desk workers were friendly and efficient. Once you got out of the main lobby area, the hallways were very musty smelling, dingy and the elevator was small, slow, smelly and dark. The carpet was nasty. Our room was on the 4th floor, and I never took the elevator again after that first time....you'd have to stand there for 10 minutes to wait for it. Our room was modest and seemed clean. We really didn't plan on spending much time in the room. The master bath had a huge tub. The kids spent the whole rest of the day and evening in the pool area. It seemed cleaned enough, and the guards seemed capable. The towels were about the size of a hand towel, and were very old appearing, and very scratchy...the kids had fun, and that's what matters. We went to dinner at the BBQ place, it was ok...nothing special. I had about a 10 inch hair in my cornbread. My waiter was very sweet, and seemed as equally mortified as I was...and immediately took the item off my bill, and was very apologetic. I actually felt embarrassed for him, he was so sincere. Stuff happens, and he took care of it. The rest of our stay was uneventful....we were disappointed that the pool didn't open until 10:00 am, and that check out was at 11am. WHATEVER! Finally, the greatest part of our trip didn't happen until after we checked out. I noticed right away that I was itching terribly....all over, but mostly on the left side of my torso. I attributed it to the chlorine in the pool. A few days later about 20 bug bites appeared all over me. Specifically in in straight line on my abdomen. It's been 9 days and I still have these "bites". They itch, and are now becoming painful. I'm finally seeing a doctor today. My husband called and spoke to the general manager, who was not helpful, or overly concerned. He put us in touch with the property owner, who stated he would have an independent someone or another come and have a look at the room. He said he'd get back to us. Some of the kids slept on the foldout couch, and some upstairs in the loft...and they were unaffected. I stay in hotels all the time, far nicer than this one, and much cheaper ones too, and I've never had anything like this happen before.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
beechj, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this review, January 28, 2009
Dear Recent Guest,

Please know that we truly value all guest feedback and hope only to improve our operations through addressing concerns and opportunities by listening to guest feedback like yours.

I am pleased to tell you that we are addressing your concerns with our hallway carpet. Timber Ridge is in the final planning stages of choosing designs and colors for new hallway carpeting to be installed within the next few months.

In addition, we do take the issue of pest control very seriously. Every investigative and precautionary step possible was taken after we talked, including bringing in an outside professional extermination team for a full examiniation. After a thorough inspection fo the entire two-bedroom unit, they indicated that there was no trace of any type of insect. This inspection has been documented and is on file.

I am hopeful that given another chance, we can regain your trust in Timber Ridge Lodge. Our team looks forward to the opportunity.

Warm Regards,

Bruce Johnson
262.249.3450
Naperville, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2009

Lake Geneva has been one of my family's nice little vacation get-aways for many years. We've stayed at the Timber Ridge Lodge before when my boys were little and enjoyed it. Now that they are getting older, ages 14, 10 & 7, the waterpark at the Timber Ridge is too small for them, but they enjoy skiing at The Mountain Top Resort, which is located behind the Grand Geneva Resort. I initially called the Grand Geneva for a reservation because I noticed, on their webpage, that they had a Family Ski Package. However, the receptionist at the Grand Geneva actually told us that the Water/Ski Package at the Timber Ridge Lodge was a better deal for my family...and it was! For a family of 5, we only paid $239.00 for the room, 4 ski lift tickets, & 40 arcade tokens! Only 4 of us wanted to ski. We had to pay 50% of the ski rentals. This is not a bad deal at all considering, just two years ago, we spent this amount of money for one day of skiing at Cascade Mountain for the five of us, which didn't even include the room! Now, if you are an avid skiier, The Mountain Top Ski Resort, may not be challenging enough for you. My two oldest sons prefer Alpine Valley, but said that the Mountain Top was just fine and they stayed out skiiing for seven hours! They are both good skiiers. And, just an FYI, the people at The Mountain Top Ski Resort were very organized and when I showed them my ID card from the Timber Ridge Lodge, they immediately knew how to charge us correctly. No problems at all! As for the condition of the Timber Ridge Lodge, it is starting to show some wear & tear, but overall it is still a great stay. The rooms are large enough for a family of five. Our fireplace worked wonderfully. My oldest son took a bath in the jacuzzi and loved it. The kitchen is nice because you can bring your own food if you prefer to save money. And, if you are staying at a resort that has a waterpark, you can expect to see loads of kids. And, since the kids are on vacation from school, they will be staying up late, for the most part. That should be expected. It is the responsibility of the parents to keep the kids quiet, not the resort staff. We loved it and plan to go back again real soon!

• Liked — Large rooms
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

When I made my reservation, I initially wanted to stay at the Grand Geneva Resort which is the main hotel on this property. The reservations associate (who was very nice) convinced me Timber Ridge was the better deal. So not true! This place had no one to help with luggage, there was no parking, there were millions of children (because of the water park) and the entire property seemed geared towards children.In the middle of night we heard screaming and roping children that should have been in bed. The restaurant was as big as a large closet, and the service was slow and the food mediocre. The room was very uncomfortable and very basic. The fireplace was gas and timer controlling it audibly clicked killing any nice effects. We decided to move to the Grand Geneva the second night and it was lovely. We were so happy to move. I was very disappointed that when we getting ready to check out, the Timber Ridge staff called and told us to vacate right away as they needed to clean the room. They had no interest in why we were so disappointed with our experience. Unless you have kids, and have no interest in relaxing, stay away.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Accomodations
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark? Share your experiences!