“Aim To Please” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark

You added Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark to your Saves list
Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7020 Grand Geneva Way at Hwys 50 East & 12, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Franklin, Wisconsin
“Aim To Please”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

From my first e-mail questions on my reservation till the time we checked out. The motto seemed to be "We Aim To Please". Everyone was friendly and accommodating. I give big kudos to the lifeguards in the waterpark, they are in a position to have to enforce rules for safety, they did it with appreciated politeness. It's evident they want the kids and adults to have a good time.

This was our first visit. We were with our two granddaughters and we stayed in the two bedroom. They loved the loft and having their own bathroom! In fact they loved it all and want to go back again and again. It was nice to have a small living room along with a dining area in which to play games. I am glad we stayed in the two bedroom even though there were only 4 of us, as it could get crowded if using the sofabed in the living room. We had the 'Countryside' view so it was very quiet! My only minor complaint is the bed was extremely firm. But that is a personal preference.

We thought the food to be exceptional at Smokey's BBQ restaurant for a family menu. We did not make it to the other eating areas but did order room service. We were surprised at how great the Pizza was! Again the staff was extremely friendly and made our girls feel special.

This will be a yearly trip with our granddaughters!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gerald R, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
WestieP~ Thank you for such a positive review of your recent stay at Timber Ridge Lodge. It is always a pleasure to get such a glowing review from a first time guest. I have shared your comments with my staff. We truly do “Aim To Please” all of our guests and I appreciate you recognizing that. I look forward to welcoming you and your granddaughters back next year! ~ Gerald

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Napervill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We initially were a little hesitant about booking here after seeing some pictures taken by recent guests. We called the property and spoke to a manager named Angela to voice our concerns. She was very receptive to our concerns, and assured us that she would personally inspect the particular suite that we had booked. Once arriving in our suite, we found several gifts, and a card personally signed by several staff members welcoming us to The Timber Ridge. The suite was just as Angela described and we were very happy with it. We had a great family get away thanks to Angela and her willingness to not only listen, but also to ACT.......

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Scott H ~ Thank you for your kind review. I appreciate you contacting Angela pre-trip to discuss your concerns with her. I am glad that everything was to your liking and that we were able to make your family getaway a memorable experience. I am very proud to have Angela on my management team. I have shared your comments with her. I hope that you and your family will return to Timber Ridge Lodge in the future. ~ Gerald
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is truly a great stop in Lake Geneva Wisconsin. A weekend or a week there is so much to do from the water park to the golf and all of the other facilities on the property. Horseback riding and amazing food for everyone just makes it a great place to spend some time. The rooms have optional kitchenettes, the water park is clean and well maintained. There are also some camping out options. The resort is also open to requests and provides many options.

Room Tip: Suite/Kitchenette is a great way to enjoy and also reduce costs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Gerald R, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
John M ~ Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to read that you were able to enjoy many of the amenities that we have to offer on property here at Timber Ridge. All of our suites have kitchens so that families can bring in their own food if they wish. I hope that you will come and visit again in the future. ~ Gerald
Sturtevant, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Took our daughter there for her 10th birthday. We had the room decorated (it looked fantastic). The room itself was superb! A kitchen with everything you could need (except an oven) a dining room, full size bathroom & a jacuzzi tub built for two! Our king size bed was super comfy & the girls loved "camping out" in the living room on the queen size sleeper sofa. The private balcony overlooked a beautiful countryside with horses grazing. So peaceful! The staff were always friendly & attentive, making sure our every need was met - from extra towels to a forgotten arcade pass that was supposed to be in the room. They took care of EVERY little detail! The activities staff that held the Karaoke singing even sang happy birthday to my daughter. The water park was very clean & the life guards always making sure the guests are safe and having fun. It was cool when we went, so the outdoor pools were closed. But we had enough fun things to do inside to keep us all happy. Smokeys BBQ restaurant was excellent as well. The waiter made sure that my meal (the bourbon glazed salmon) that had been over-cooked, was at no- charge. I got a new freshly made meal. My girls got a huge free dessert PLUS the birthday girl got a molton lava chocolate cake too! It was a wonderful dinner! If you go to Timber Ridge, you wont be sorry!

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are closest to the pool, second floor is the same floor as the front desk.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jamie927~ Happy 10th Birthday to your daughter! I am so glad that she was able to spend it here with us at Timber Ridge Lodge! We love to celebrate special occasions with our guests and hope that they leave with special memories that will last a lifetime. I sincerely appreciate all of your kind comments regarding the hotel, staff and restaurant. I will share your comments with my staff. I hope you will come back and visit us again in the future. ~ Gerald
South Lyon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We went there for a 3-day weekend with friends who also have kids. This is a perfect place for young children and the perfect size. We had a blast and plan on trying to make this an annual trip with our friends.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lunchbox34~ Thank you for your kind review. I am happy that you found Timber Ridge Lodge to be the perfect place for your getaway. I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back for many years to come! ~ Gerald
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with Timber Ridge! We traveled with our toddler son and infant daughter.

The good--

The room was a good value, with a full kitchen, nice big bathroom, dining table and living room area. The room was spotless--I really appreciated that! Moreover, the water park was clean and very well-staffed with lifeguards. The restaurant was a good value as well--the food was fresh and tasty, and we were overall pleased with the service.

The bad--

The bedroom was pretty tiny--it was hard to fit a pack 'n play in there. The bedroom closet was puny too--you could barely fit anything in there. Also, there is no maid service after 4 PM--this can be a problem if you have children who nap in the afternoon. It would also be nice if there were more dining options. Also, the front desk was understaffed--lines were often long and the staff was slow.

Overall we had a good experience and will definitely be back. The waterpark is ideal for small children, although older kids would probably get bored.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
bebop123~Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I appreciate your honest feedback. I am happy that you found the resort to be well staffed, clean and a good value. While I can’t change the layout of the suites I do appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize that you found your room to be small. I was delighted to read that you will return to Timber Ridge Lodge in the future. ~ Gerald
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The 2 bedroom condo room was a little smaller than expected. The layout is a little constrained and kind of weird with small footprint but super high ceilings. Seems like they could have done it better. Overall the resort was well maintained, nice facilities, and pretty good food. Would like to stay at the Grand Geneva next to check it out--seems nicer than the Timber Ridge.

Room Tip: The one bedroom units are laid out better than the two bedroom units.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
theworldismyoyster67~Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you found the layout of the two bedroom suite to be smaller than you expected. While I cannot change the layout of the building or the suites I do appreciate your feedback. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the food and found the resort to be well maintained. I hope you had a great time at your family reunion. ~ Gerald

Been to Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark? Share your experiences!