“great family time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark

You added Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark to your Saves list
Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7020 Grand Geneva Way at Hwys 50 East & 12, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Woodstock, Illinois
“great family time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

This was our second trip to Timber Ridge as a family (17 of us). Cousins enjoying the slides together,parents enjoying adult time while the kids play, the confidence the kids are safe in a not too large area, the kitchen in the room saving on meal costs makes this place a wonderful getaway at a reasonable cost for a group this size. Wonderful memories made. Only complaint was groups of noisy, very rude teens at night. This was addressed by security and management took the time to send a nice note of apology. But if you want quiet, address it when you make your reservation and ask for a room away from groups. This is a popular destination for youth groups. Enough said.

Room Tip: If you are taking 3 or more rooms request a discount. Ask to be away from groups if you want quiet a...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
BruceJohnson, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you for your recent post, and choosing to come back and see us again! I enjoyed reading how the entire family enjoyed their stay with us while taking full advantage of what we offer here at Timber Ridge. As the family continues to grow, we hope that you continue to choose us as your home away from home.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We went for one night over the MLK Jr weekend and found it very relaxing. My three boys, aged 15, 13 and 10, my husband and I enjoyed the hot tub. My 10 year old brought his friend along and they had a blast in the water sports area. The water park is small enough to feel comfortable letting the 10 year olds run off on their own. My 15 year old got a little bored by the end of the stay but he did enjoy the hot tub the most and the slide. The two bedroom loft was terrific. My 15 yr old and my 13 yr old had to share the full sized bed in the loft - it was a little tight. The two 10 yr olds shared the pull out couch.. Ask about that bed in the loft - I thought it was going to be a queen but I'm pretty sure it was a full....or maybe my little boys are just getting bigger and I'm in denial. :-)

Room Tip: See note above...ask about the size of beds.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent post. I was glad that you were all able to enjoy the waterpark / hot tub and that the two bedroom loft was big enough for the whole family. As a father of two, I understand how kids grow up so fast these days, and want to thank you for choosing Timber Ridge as a place the whole family could enjoy. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Kindes Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We have visited the Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark in November 2011 and again January 2012. As a mom of a 7 year old and 11 year old Timber Ridge has something for everyone. They always have activities, movies, and more. The rooms are spacious and always clean. The Lodge is always ready to accomodate your needs if they can. Coming from someone who travels 3 days a week and sleeps in multiple hotels, I can say that Timber Ridge ranks with the best of them!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent post. As someone who travels as much as you do, it was a pleasure to read that my team was able to make such a positive impression. I look forward to sharing your comments with my entire team as we pride ourselves in building return stay loyalty. We all hope to welcome you back sometime soon, and thank you for choosing Timber Ridge.

Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

WE took my 2 year old over a long weekend and had a blast. We were mostly in the toddler pool, but my son had the time of his life!!! He went down the kiddy slides at least 1,000 times. The life guards are great, they are really watching the kids. The rooms are nice and cozy with the fireplace and condo like feel, and having the kitchen was a great addition as well! We will definitely go back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent post. I think we have a new record with 1,000 kiddie slide rides in one weekend! I will be sure to share your kind comments with my lifeguard team as they take great pride in providing a safe and fun enviroment for everyone. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for choosing Timber Ridge Lodge and Waterpark!

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We had the best time! We came for the weekend and thought the room was excellent! Very large and well maintained. We were busy non stop between the waterpark and scheduled children's activities. I love how they catered to families. Smokey's restaurant was delicious and you got your money's worth. Also loved how it overlooked the waterpark...built in entertainment for the kids so my husband and I could actually have a conversation! My kids keep asking me "When are we gonna go back to the hotel?!?" We will definately be back!!

Room Tip: Get a 4th floor room. Overhead noise was loud! Once quiet hours came it did quiet down, however we h...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your Timber Ridge Adventure! I'm glad that the whole family was able to enjoy all the we have to offer. We all understand how cherished family time is, and appreciate that you chose Timber Ridge as your family destination. The entire team looks forward to welcoming you back real soon.

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

My husband, my six year old daugher, seven year old niece and I spend the weekend at the Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark. We had a one bedroom suite.

The room: Our room had a king sized bed, a 22 inch flat screen TV. The bed was ok, but any bed to us is not the greatest since we sleep on a memory foam mattress and innerspring beds are no longer comfortable. But for most people, I believe the beds will be just fine. The room was clean and so were the linens. The kitchen was fully stocked with plates, cups, utensils, and the basics. There is a small dishwasher, which came in handy. The Lodge provides detergent for the dishwasher, but we did not have regular dish-washing soap. The dishes were clean and so were the cupboards. Do take your condiments and oil, there are non-stick frying pants, but your eggs or pancakes will stick to the pan if you don't have your own oil. We took our own and were glad we did. There are plenty of closets and storage room. There is a pull out couch, that is where the girls slept, not the most comfortable though, but they were exhausted and slept quite well. It is good for children, but definitely not comfortable for adults. The fireplace was a nice touch.

The food: We did not eat at any of the restaurants, so I cannot comment. However, we did buy snacks and drinks at Hungry Moose Foodcourt. The pizza was not bad and we also got some nachos, which were ok. As with any resort, the price of one bottled beer is the same as a six pack at the local Target or Walmart. Outside food and drinks are not allowed and lifeguards do check your bags when you enter the waterpark.

The waterpark: I've visited larger water parks and this one is on the small side. However, I appreciated the size so that I wouldn't have to walk all over the place supervising the girls. The lazy river was the girls favorite and so were the water slides. For being a holiday weekend (MLK) the park was not super crowded and I appreciated that.

The Lodge and Waterpark were clean and I will definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your most recent post. As someone who uses Trip Advisor frequently, I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have also shared your comments on some of the opportunities described in your review as areas we can improve on. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again, and maybe next time you will enjoy a meal out our wonderful Smokey's barbecue restaurant.

Kindest regards,

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

My children & grandchildren had stayed previously but this was the first time for my husband,my special needs daughter and myself. We took our two adult daughters & families with us. We had three rooms that were conveniently in a row, which seemed to be difficult for other hotels to accomplish in the past. The kids had a blast in the water park, as well as the adults! It was my first time on a water slide! Loved it! They also enjoyed a sleigh ride and sledding. It is close to home but just far enough away for a quick get away. Staff were all friendly, rooms were great! I encourage anyone thinking about staying to do so!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent post. It is always great to read when families decide to stay with us , especially those who ride on their first waterslide! It sounds like you were able to enjoy many of our winter campus activities too! We look forward to welcoming the entire family back and thank you again for choosing Timber Ridge!

Bruce Johnson

Been to Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark? Share your experiences!