“Lovely setting - terrible management ” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1091 Hidden Cottage Circle, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Lovely setting - terrible management ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU ARE A COUPLE ON YOUR OWN
My wife and I stayed here on the last night of a 3 week tour around the Midwest thinking we were checking into a relaxing resort. The website states that there are 36 rooms in 6 cottages with a communal space in each. The reality was that in our cottage there were 4 other rooms booked by the same group, who had arrived before us and had basically taken over the whole 6 room cottage to themselves. When we arrived the communal area contained a lot of the group's personal stuff, including drinks, food and a large iPod speaker system. I called the front desk to make sure we were in the correct room, and they assured me that the communal area was not for personal stuff, and that the group had been told that we were staying and to be respectful of this.
My wife and I went out for dinner, returning around 10pm to find most of the other group hanging out in the communal area. We went to bed, only for the group to have a very loud, very drunken party until 03:30!!!
While we don't blame the group (after all they had booked 4 rooms in a cottage to enjoy a weekend break to celebrate and thought they had it to themselves) I find it unacceptable that the management put us in a room right next to the communal area in a cottage where all the other rooms had been booked out by one group.
There are other posts detailing this on TA which have been responded to by the management who claim that this would not happen again!
When I spoke to the management the following morning their response was that the group should not have had a party!
The resort is stunning, the rooms are spacious with a wonderful view, but the management seem to be more interested in maximising the income from each cottage, to the detriment of anyone who wants to sleep!
If you are a group of 12 people and you want to hire out a whole cottage, this would be wonderful, but if you are the only couple in a cottage you should avoid!!!!

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Joseph B, General Manager at Inns Of Geneva National, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Mark D,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your honest feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

It is clear that we were not able to provide you with the best possible experience. I would like to take the time to apologize for the issues you faced during your stay, as our goal is to provide all of our guests with an atmosphere of comfort.

Please be assured that we are working directly with our security and guest service associates to be more proactive and engage directly with our guests’ during their stay. This in turn will help provide every guest with the perfect room accommodation and experience that is expected of them.

As far as this particular group, we will make sure when they return in the future that they will need to occupy all six rooms in the building. This will avoid issues that you experienced from reoccurring. If you have any further questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you again for choosing the Inns of Geneva National. I hope we have the opportunity to make your next stay much more enjoyable than the last.

In Service,

Joseph Bormes
262.245.4000

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently stayed at the Inns with my girlfriends for a pre-wedding weekend. The staff there were so helpful and kind to us. They provided shuttle services to the Hunt Club for dinner, they called to check on us many times throughout the weekend. The Inn was a little dated, but each individual room was very nicely appointed and clean. This was the perfect place to get together with friends for the weekend!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Evanston, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spent a wonderful family reunion at the Inns and we were not disappointed.
Space is beautifully laid out.
Private rooms are wonderfully equipped.
Property is beautiful.
Service was good.
House was clean.
The shared space for a family gathering is perfect.
Everyone was more than accommodating and tended to our needs.
Would have loved to remove the kitchen door during meal prep - we cooked all our meals and the door was definitely in the way. However, on the other hand, having a kitchen door allowed us to run the dishwasher while we were still awake:) Great spot. A definite repeat!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2014

My family and I stayed here for weekend and it was very nice. I highly recommend this for reunions or a family get away. The front desk was awesome. The rooms had more then enough space. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014 via mobile

Expensive if you don't use a promo package. Details on the package details are not very clear. They need to be more specific. Also, there should be video tours of the place you are staying because I was thrown off when insane it was a house set up with a common living room and kitchen which was a little awkward.

Markus at the front desk was awesome. Best customer service I've received at a resort/hotel.

• Stayed November 2014
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

My family stayed at the Inns for my nieces wedding and it was the perfect place for a large group. We loved the big family rooms and how clean it was The staff was always there to accomodate us..We will definetely come back again!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Markus S, General Manager at Inns Of Geneva National, responded to this review, November 7, 2014
Dear Stacy F,

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our spacious facility and accommodating staff. I am truly glad your time with us was memorable and your niece’s wedding was a complete success.

I hope your schedule allows us the opportunity to host your next stay in the very near future!

Warmly,
Markus Savaglio
Inns of Geneva National
262.245.4000
Sioux Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

This is a great venue for a family or friend group. There are 6 different rooms in this building with 2 different common areas. It is located right on the golf course. Very private and very quiet. We rented it for a family wedding and it was perfect for our group.

Room Tip: There is a common area with a kitchen on two different levels and an outdoor patio. I would stay on...