“Great place for a retreat!” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1091 Hidden Cottage Circle, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Great place for a retreat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

The women from my church just spent the weekend at the Inns for the third year. The resort is newly remodeled and will continue to be upgraded - all for the better. Marcus, from the front office, went above and beyond to meet our needs. I give this place a big thumbs up!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lincolnshire, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Our group has been coming to Inns of Geneva National for the last three years for our annual winter retreat. Even though we have always thoroughly enjoyed our stay, this last trip really impressed me. A recent redecorating has blown me away with how beautiful they have made the place. New carpeting, furniture, fresh paint, clean modern bedding, and new TV's have updated the inn and from what I am told, even more updates are being planned in the near future. The rooms are cozy, roomy and clean and the grounds are serene and peaceful. Markus from registration was friendly, informative and willing to help with whatever we needed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I booked the Inns of Geneva National for a getaway for New Years Eve. The first staff member that I spoke with was awesome. He helped me get the best deal possible and was very detailed oriented in helping me. He returned my phone calls and was on top of it. The second staff member I talked to was not quite as on top of it. He was actually quite bad at returning phone calls and emails, which is why I can't give 5 rating. I wanted confirmation on a few things, and Michael was just not responsive. He truly was the only bad part of this stay. Once I did receive confirmation from someone else, I was passed on to my personal concierge for our visit. Jessica was extremely helpful and quick to respond to any of my questions. The Inns offer a variety of resources even in the winter.

Now for the real meat of the awesome visit:

When we arrived, the area is just beautiful. We stopped at a local pub because our check in wasn't until 4. I called right before we sat down and was told the Inn was available. The downtown area was absolutely beautiful and quaint. Check in was a breeze. The Inn was absolutely gorgeous. It was even more than any of us could have hoped for. Every room was spotless, and decorated and perfect. I really cannot express how simple and easy everything was for our large group. The staff was friendly while we were there and truly this place was exactly what we wanted. Space was huge, TVs and fireplace worked perfectly. It truly met our needs. I fully intend on returning in the future!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dolton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The Inn was amazing. Me (Eric) and my wife Alicia were there with 5 other couples around Jan 17th, 2014. Everything was perfect! The rooms, the ambiance..the company!! We stayed for 4 days and 3 nights. There are two large "Rec" rooms with 55 inch tvs mounted on the wall in each room. Each individual room has its own bathroom and jucuzzi tub. We are planning on staying here again in the Spring/Summer!!!! Turn UP!!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor which as nice.. good view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Our family of four decided to stay at the Inns for a one night getaway. The inns had been recommended to us by a friend, so we knew a little about the property. What i did not realize is how luxurious the inns were! When we arrived, the front desk worker was very friendly. He had started the fireplace in our building-it was very welcoming! Although there were 6 units in our building, we had it to ourselves on a week night. My son thought it was so cool to sleep by a fireplace and big screen television, that he actually never came to bed! Full kitchen access came in handy when we need plates and glasses! Since we arrived after dark, we did not fully appreciate the view until the next morning. Excellent start-would highly recommend for family, groups, girl's weekend, etc. Very reasonable rates for the prime a action with quick access to Lake Geneva, Williams Bay, Delavan & Elkhorn.

• Stayed October 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped at Geneva National on a whim on the tail end of a vacation in Wisconsin to see if we could get a round a golf in and stay at the a place near by. The "Inns" are right on the grounds by the golf courses but in hindsight, we should have stayed at the Geneva Ridge hotel (also affiliated with the golf course) right down the road. Both have the "stay and play" golf packages, which are the best deal if you stay overnight and play golf. We had several problems with our stay. Our first room (upstairs) had someone already in it when we were given the key. Our second room (downstairs) was beautiful - king size bed, large bathroom, etc. However, we noticed that we were right next to a large "common" area with a tv, bar patio, etc. That night a large group of people (who we assumed had the other rooms in our "house"), decided to come back and have a party - which entailed loud music, talking, drinking, etc. We love a party as well as the next guy but we felt that whoever was in charge should have informed us about this and gave us another option. At least not put us in the room with the wall right next to the TV / stereo! In addition, the person in the room above us was walking around - a lot - at 5:00 am - so late night and early morning. The bed was wonderful but you can't sleep when all this noise is going on!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Markus S, General Manager at Inns Of Geneva National, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Kwegs,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I always appreciate honest feedback from our guests, whether it is positive or negative.

It is clear we stumbled in providing you with the best possible experience. I would like to apologize for the challenges you faced during your stay, as our goal is to provide all of our guests with an atmosphere of comfort.

Now I know that I can’t change your noisy neighbor experience, but I want to re-assure you that we are working with our security and guest service associates to be more proactive in providing every guest with the perfect room.

We recently addressed all of your concerns over the phone, but if you have any other questions or comments please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thank you again for choosing the Inns of Geneva National. I hope we have the opportunity to make your next stay much better than your last.

In Service,
Markus Savaglio
262.245.4000
Quincy, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Group of 10 guys occupied one Inn for 2 nights and 2 rounds of golf. The Inns are very spacious and perfect for this type of event. We did the same a year earlier. The renovations made to the accommodations in less than a year were remarkable. They have definitely spent some money getting these places back in shape; new furniture, fresh paint job, better landscaping, updated security, Weber grills and plenty of flat screen tv's.
The service we received was excellent as well. They were sold out the night before our group arrived, but went out of their way to ensure we could check in early before our first tee time.
Disregard any previous negative reviews as these are now like new properties. The Inns are perfect for group outings like ours where you can occupy the whole building. I'm sure they are just as good for couples or families, but need to be aware you share the common areas.
The golf courses were in great shape too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Inns Of Geneva National? Share your experiences!