“Make sure you're not in a party house!” 2 of 5 stars

Inns Of Geneva National
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1091 Hidden Cottage Circle, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
“Make sure you're not in a party house!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped at Geneva National on a whim on the tail end of a vacation in Wisconsin to see if we could get a round a golf in and stay at the a place near by. The "Inns" are right on the grounds by the golf courses but in hindsight, we should have stayed at the Geneva Ridge hotel (also affiliated with the golf course) right down the road. Both have the "stay and play" golf packages, which are the best deal if you stay overnight and play golf. We had several problems with our stay. Our first room (upstairs) had someone already in it when we were given the key. Our second room (downstairs) was beautiful - king size bed, large bathroom, etc. However, we noticed that we were right next to a large "common" area with a tv, bar patio, etc. That night a large group of people (who we assumed had the other rooms in our "house"), decided to come back and have a party - which entailed loud music, talking, drinking, etc. We love a party as well as the next guy but we felt that whoever was in charge should have informed us about this and gave us another option. At least not put us in the room with the wall right next to the TV / stereo! In addition, the person in the room above us was walking around - a lot - at 5:00 am - so late night and early morning. The bed was wonderful but you can't sleep when all this noise is going on!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Markus S, General Manager at Inns Of Geneva National, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Kwegs,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I always appreciate honest feedback from our guests, whether it is positive or negative.

It is clear we stumbled in providing you with the best possible experience. I would like to apologize for the challenges you faced during your stay, as our goal is to provide all of our guests with an atmosphere of comfort.

Now I know that I can’t change your noisy neighbor experience, but I want to re-assure you that we are working with our security and guest service associates to be more proactive in providing every guest with the perfect room.

We recently addressed all of your concerns over the phone, but if you have any other questions or comments please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thank you again for choosing the Inns of Geneva National. I hope we have the opportunity to make your next stay much better than your last.

In Service,
Markus Savaglio
262.245.4000

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Quincy, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Group of 10 guys occupied one Inn for 2 nights and 2 rounds of golf. The Inns are very spacious and perfect for this type of event. We did the same a year earlier. The renovations made to the accommodations in less than a year were remarkable. They have definitely spent some money getting these places back in shape; new furniture, fresh paint job, better landscaping, updated security, Weber grills and plenty of flat screen tv's.
The service we received was excellent as well. They were sold out the night before our group arrived, but went out of their way to ensure we could check in early before our first tee time.
Disregard any previous negative reviews as these are now like new properties. The Inns are perfect for group outings like ours where you can occupy the whole building. I'm sure they are just as good for couples or families, but need to be aware you share the common areas.
The golf courses were in great shape too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just returned from a short 1 night stay with 2 days of golf. The room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. The courses were in great shape and the 2 we played, Palmer and Player were superior layouts. It's not Pebble Beach but a very enjoyable experience at a great price. I'd for sure do it again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were introduced to the Inns of Geneva National on a Groupon deal....what a great deal and a wonderful facility. Our room was very updated, spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed the common areas with friends, eating lunch on the patio and having breakfast together in the living room. The golf couldn't be closer or better with 3 great courses just across the parking lot. This is the perfect property for bigger groups like corporate gatherings, family get togethers or even a big Super Bowl weekend. There are 2 big living rooms with big televisions and lots of seating, big dining table, outdoor patios and a functional kitchen. We enjoyed the golf and the restaurant at the club house. I'm no fan of Lake Geneva but will return for a weekend of golf and staying at the Inns of Geneva National.

Tip: Bring your bikes, it would be fun to ride around the area. Also, bring breakfast and/or meals. There is a grill along with a basic but very functional kitchen.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a great experience staying at the inns in June of 2013...we had a group of 6 families which was perfect since the inns have 6 rooms each...what is nice is that it is setup like a hotel, in that each family checks into their assigned room and pays separately...

large common areas on the main floor and lower level, good size kitchen and dining table...we were able to use the pool near the inns and also at the hotel and enjoyed them thoroughly

We used the grill in back to barbeque one night...

overall it was a great trip and we are planning a return next year

I have noticed the concerns with getting assistance at times...the inns are located by the golf course and near the home community...after hours you rely on hotel staff to answer your questions...we never had trouble getting help, but it was a little complex and took perhaps a little longer than if you were at the hotel, but it was worth it in my opinion

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Roscoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the Innd was a pleasure. My wife and I enjoyed the amenities such as the well decorated living area and kitchen. It was like having our own cabin in the woods. We will be planning a return engagement!

• Stayed July 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Where should I begin. We were in town for the funeral of my father-in-law over the July 4th weekend. it was the only place in the area with availability over that weekend, so we had little choice. After check-in, we entered our room. Passing through the common area, it was extremely cold and when we entered our room, it was quite warm. I checked thermostats in both and they were set to exactly the same temp. I had noticed damage to the front security door when we entered and there were frayed spots on the carpet and woodwork with areas that were unfinished. The bathroom in our room was quite outdated. The beds were comfortable and the view of the course was nice. And it was nice that we were next door to my sister-in-law and her family.

However, when we left for the funeral, we exited through the patio door, rather than the main entry door. Unfortunately, as we found out later, the deadbolt was locked when we left. Upon our return, we were effectively locked out of our room. After making 6 calls, I finally had my call answered by the after hours person, who was located at Geneva Ridge Resort, which is offsite. The person on the phone went through a series of options with me, which included "are you sure you're at the right room?" and "do you really need to get into your room tonight?" The person then said they would check with security and the manager and call me back. He promptly took my number and promised a call within minutes. I'm still waiting for that call a week later. We took it upon ourselves to break into our own room through the same patio door that we had left through earlier in the day.

When we checked out 2 days later, I expressed my concern with the ease with which we were able to break into our own room. I also discussed my disappointment with the overall quality of the property, along with the lack of amenities (2 Keurig cups for 4 people?) all for the price of $329/night? I was assured by the person that checked us out that I would receive a call within hours from the manager. I did however, receive a contrite "sorry" for the inconvenience. I'm still waiting for that call as well.

I would NOT recommend staying at the Inns at any cost. The physical condition and quality of the Inns is lackluster, especially at this price point. I have stayed at far nicer Hampton Inns around the country.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Markus S, General Manager at Inns Of Geneva National, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear BadgerBoy83,

I am sorry for your loss, and I understand that it can be a stressful time. I would like to apologize for struggling to provide you and your family an environment that was relaxing and hassle free.

When you expressed your concerns at checkout, my team got to work immediately to remedy the problems you mentioned. I would like to sincerely apologize for the behavior of our front desk associate. The individuals involved have been identified and are going through additional training specifically in the areas of “Customer Service Skills” and “Recognizing a Sense of Urgency”. Additionally, our maintenance team researched, tested, and installed security plates on all of the affected doors.

I also attempted to contact you via US Postal Mail. If you did not receive that letter, or if you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact me at 262.245.4000.

I know none of this changes your recent experience, but I hope you can rest assured we heard your concerns and are definitely doing something about it.

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback. Without our guests feedback we cannot accurately address our shortcomings and celebrate our accomplishments.

In Service,
Markus Savaglio
Inns of Geneva National

Been to Inns Of Geneva National? Share your experiences!