“Lunch or Breakfast - worth trying” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 80 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: New breakfast and lunch restaurant. Locally grown food.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Lunch or Breakfast - worth trying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were there on a Sunday just past noon - the location is a few blocks west of the main drag, so there are more parking options and it's a reasonable 5-minuteish walk to the lake; corner of Broad and Dodge. I'd recommend you turn right on Dodge, if you are coming from the lake, and park in the larger lot (on weekends). We had immediate inside seating - a larger party was waiting for an outside table. The wait time for the food was maybe 15 minutes - everything is made fresh to order. They purchase as much as they can from local suppliers / farms / bakeries. The interior is interesting - quirky. The service was friendly and accomodating. I had breakfast - simple egg platter which was 2 eggs, bacon, simple potatoes, and short stack. The short stacks were 2 fluffy cakes the size of a salad plate - more than enough. I did not see anywhere on the menu that egg whites were $1.25 extra so that was disappointing to see it on the bill - not that it would've been a problem but it should be printed on the menu so you're not surprised. My husband had a turkey burger - both dishes came with their simple potatoes which are red potatoes boiled and then grilled with light seasoning and topped w/ green onions - very good. We both had water - total came to $20. I'd recommend this location as a try for breakfast and/or lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Streator, Illinois
“Food was delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We went here for lunch, but I decided to get the eggs Benedict which was very good. I could've eaten a whole plate of their potatoes, and ended up "sharing" some of my husband's. He ordered the grilled chicken pesto sandwich (which I tried also), and it was also very tasty.
The only negatives I had were the flies, but people are in and out constantly so it's hard to control that, but the floor and window ledge around us were very dirty...so much I didn't want to put my packages down.
I would go back, but there are many wonderful places to eat I think we will hit a few others first.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Wish theyI were opened longer hours diffrent take on food but I love it simple breakfast sandwich is so good

Visited June 2013
Springfield, Illinois
“Good for Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was a really good breakfast joint. French toast with cinnamon apples was very good. Coffee so so (but I'm a coffee snob). Service very friendly and good. I will eat here again.

Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful food and great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We would definitely return here. I had an eggs Benedict that was out of this world.

This place was bright cheery and clean. I think it had the cleanest bathroom in Lake Geneva.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere