“Better Breakfast and Lunch than dinner” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 80 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 50 East &Hwy 12
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Better Breakfast and Lunch than dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Skip the all you can eat seafood dinner buffet - the value really isn't there the crab was poor quality and the water wasn't drained from the shells so you end up with a cold sloppy mess, but if you really hunger for a great sandwich or breakfast, then the Grand Cafe does a fine job. Staff is very friendly.

Visited January 2014

Eagle River, Wisconsin
“Delicious! Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My friend and I dined at the Grand Café in Lake Geneva. I had the Chicken Schnitzel and she had the Chicken Penne. Both were excellent. The waitress was very friendly and kind and we did not have a long wait for our food. What really put the evening over the top for me is when the waitress asked if we were celebrating anything special that evening. I said yes, my divorce. To my surprise, she came back to our table a short time later with flowers and a plate with crème brulee, chocolate covered strawberries and a few other small samples of desserts with New Beginnings written in chocolate syrup on the top of the plate. It actually brought a tear to my eye. It was a very kind gesture that really meant a lot to me and I will remember this and appreciate this always. Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Service. I highly recommend dining at the Grand Café.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A very nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The signature steak sandwich made a very good lunch. Wines were reasonable priced. Service was friendly and efficient.

Visited October 2013
“Breakfast and Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I enjoyed the courtesy of the staff, the preparation of the food and the indulgence a view of the golf course affords.

Visited October 2013
“Wait .. er !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stopped in for lunch after 18 holes of golf on The brute a tough course.
The young waiter come over and tells me how he is not all there because his pal graduated on the weekend and h really partied hard, then walks away. We order some beer, he comes back ten minutes later (we almost left) saying he was sent to the supply room and beer is chilling on ice and should be cold in five minutes. We order a different beer, a Corona. We order food and after asking over and over, he brings a side salad instead of the entree and insists repeatedly its an entree size. I insist he take it to the chef and correct this. The chef concurs and the salad isn't even dressed just dry wilted pale romaine added on, unappealing to say the least. Other order the fish and chips well, the waiter makes a big deal about the fries in a propped up basket but they were ice cold, awful.Then finally I ask for the check, I give the waiter plenty in cash to treat my pals. The waiter returns, telling the amount of the bill and how he broke down the change and what my change is, insane.
I would not visit this place again, the room had only five diners no rush for service and the wait and the food and lack of service was a real put off.

• Visited October 2013