“Very nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Illinois
“Very nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The hotel was very pleasant. The customer services agents were all friendly. The room was nice. The view was gorgeous. The bed was firm but not enough to bother me. The only problem I had was that the jacuzzi tub wasn't as clean as I would have liked. When I turned the jets on little hairs came out. Yuck! I know they weren't mine because you have to stand outside the jacuzzi in order to turn it on and so I hadn't gotten in yet. It's kind of put me off jacuzzi's for life I think. The other thing is that you if you actually like a hearty breakfast you have to order off the menu because the continental is just a fruits and pastries type of thing. But the restaurant food is good. Especially the dinner. Possibly one of my best meals ever. We overall enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife &I I spent Laborday Weekend celevrating her birthday at the Geneva Inn, Lake Geneva, Wisc. This was our first overnite stay at the Inn. We had eaten breakfast/brunch there before. I requested a lakeview site. The view was spectacular with a nice veranda to have relax on. The room was very clean, unique and a large tub for relaxation. Our package included Saturday nite dinner. I had a t-bone steah - med rare and my wife had lamb chops. Both were cooked to perfection. The Staff were very accommodating. Morning coffee is ready on each floor when you awake. I cannot wait to return for another weekend.

Room Tip: Lakeview is a must.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

chicago,illinios
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Have stayed here a few times before It didn't let us down. Good service friendly staff. Beautiful view of the lake. Nice location. Breakfast was plentiful and good. We would definitely go back. A bit pricey.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is the 2nd time staying @ Geneva Inn. Nice place to stay, although I think it is way over priced for what you get.... I think they need to update their rooms as far as curtains & bedding..... Looking a little yellow & old. Continental breakfast was very nice. Location is nice for shopping & downtown... Staff was ok.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Bartlett, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Lovely time in Lake Geneva. Room with a view of the lake and balcony is worth the upgrade. Very clean, quite room, toiletries provided from Crabtree and Evelyn. Pretty patio in back is a nice place to relax before dinner and have a glass of wine and appetizer. Boat rental walking distance. Close to the downtown area without being in the middle of congestion. There is a walking / hiking path that runs through the back of the property and runs around the lake through private properties. Make dinner reservations at the inn and watch the sunset from a window view table.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Fabulous place to go relax I had a lovely view of the lake the staff was excellent. I put a picture of the lake view as my cover page on my FB. I would highly recommend it for RR. We were there for Venetian Night and were able to watch the fireworks fro the balcony of our room this too was great

• Stayed August 2013
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

While the inn is very nice, it is not worth the expense. When we tried to check in (we were one hour early) we were met with a very rude desk clerk. That evening we ate at the restaurant I found a hair in my meal. I informed the waiter, who looked at me and said "Sorry" and walked off. He did not even offer to fix the problem. The breakfast staff were great and very helpful as were the housekeeping staff. As a note, I filled out the comment card last month, and have yet to hear from management.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Maia W, Manager at Geneva Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit, and we appreciate your kind acknowledgement of our housekeeping and breakfast staff.
We are truly sorry to have disappointed you in other ways. We do our best to facilitate early check in if the room is ready and we are sorry that we did not give you the gracious reception that we aspire to offer each and every guest. Additionally, our dining room staff is expected to pay attention and respond to any guest concern and we are sorry that they did not respond appropriately to your complaint.
We have spoken with our front office and wait staff and reminded them that regardless of the situation we are to pay attention to guest comments and to remain kind and patient.
Over the years we have depended upon our guests to help us recognize our successes and address our shortfalls. We regret that we were not made aware of your concerns, as we did not receive a comment card. Please call at your convenience and ask to speak with a manager if there is anything else you would like to share, as guest satisfaction is very important to us and we hope you will give us another chance.