“Not worth the expense” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Geneva Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Geneva
Geneva Inn
You added Geneva Inn to your Saves list
N2009 S Lakeshore Dr, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Illinois
“Not worth the expense”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

While the inn is very nice, it is not worth the expense. When we tried to check in (we were one hour early) we were met with a very rude desk clerk. That evening we ate at the restaurant I found a hair in my meal. I informed the waiter, who looked at me and said "Sorry" and walked off. He did not even offer to fix the problem. The breakfast staff were great and very helpful as were the housekeeping staff. As a note, I filled out the comment card last month, and have yet to hear from management.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Maia W, Manager at Geneva Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit, and we appreciate your kind acknowledgement of our housekeeping and breakfast staff.
We are truly sorry to have disappointed you in other ways. We do our best to facilitate early check in if the room is ready and we are sorry that we did not give you the gracious reception that we aspire to offer each and every guest. Additionally, our dining room staff is expected to pay attention and respond to any guest concern and we are sorry that they did not respond appropriately to your complaint.
We have spoken with our front office and wait staff and reminded them that regardless of the situation we are to pay attention to guest comments and to remain kind and patient.
Over the years we have depended upon our guests to help us recognize our successes and address our shortfalls. We regret that we were not made aware of your concerns, as we did not receive a comment card. Please call at your convenience and ask to speak with a manager if there is anything else you would like to share, as guest satisfaction is very important to us and we hope you will give us another chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Collinsville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The Geneva Inn was extremely clean and very inviting. We stayed in a lake front suite, we used all the amenities, which included the whirlpool tub in the bedroom. The soaps and shampoos even smelled good and didn't make your skin feel dry afterwards. We kept the door to our room opened most of the night. The view of the lake was wonderful from our balcony. It was great having a ceiling fan on while you sleep. The coffee was on every floor right outside of our room. It was just such a wonderful and romantic experience. We were treated great by the entire staff. We ate in the restaurant and the food was delicious as well. We utilized the bar also, and they make a great marguerite. I definitely recommend a stay.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay, I recommend doing it in a room with a view of the lake. It is enjoyable t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
West Bend, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed two nights to celebrate our birthdays. We picked a lake facing room with a king bed. While we didn't use the whirlpool in the bedroom we were happy with the size of the room and the bathroom. Excellent shower. Wifi is good, no sign on needed. Excellent continental breakfast is included, with fresh fruit, pastries, cold cuts and cheeses. We really took advantage of our room's balcony to relax and view the lake. A bottle of water and chocolates were delivered each evening. Short drive into town. The shore trail is quite a hike, however. We will definitely stay again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We made our reservation here based on the recommendation of a friend. It did not disappoint. We checked in and I could tell by what they said that they had made notes of our conversation when I made my reservation. Service was friendly. Room was clean and spacious. The 4 poster king bed was huge and was great for my tall husband. We enjoyed a bottle of wine on the porch off the room. The 'turn down' service was great. The morning continental breakfast was very filling - fruit, meat, 2 juices and various breads. The view of the lake was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mundelein
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was looking for a place to celebrate a belated Birthday stay with my BFF , close by (within an hours drive) and stumbled upon a Living Social special. I was not disappointed. From the front desk staff to the breakfast wait staff, we were treated with the type of service and hospitality I am used to at a Marriott or comparable property. We were given an upgrade to a lakeview suite with 2 rooms, (king bed in each) fireplace, and view of Lake Como. The outdoor pool was warm and right next to the outdoor bar (which we did not use). Loved the comp Shuttle service (Steve was GREAT) and it came in handy since we started with cocktails before dinner and didn't think it was very wise to be driving. Breakfast (included in our special) was one of the best I've had in a long time - fresh veggies in the omlet- my only complaint was the length of time it took to get our meal as we were just about the only people in the restaurant. Our server was very attentive and apologized for the wait. The only other complaint, no fault of the hotel, was the construction that was a bit inconvenient. Overall , I was impressed with the hotel and would definitely be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake side are quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ROCK FALLS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife & I have stayed here many times, always a lake view. We have the nice breakfast with a view of the lake in the dining room. We haven't tried the the dinner in the dining room because of the cost. We will stay again..

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Crystal Lake, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

The view is what you go for in this hotel. In general room was very nice and clean. My only struggle was the value. Given the hefty price tag I would expect a bit more. The things that stood out besides the view were breakfast and the "quiet door." I decided to order eggs versus opting for the continental breakfast. The cost $6.00. This was very refreshing to not have to pay $23.00 for breakfast. My room was right by the lobby and I was a bit concerned about noise. At night they closed a door at end of hall between lobby and rooms. This was very nice as it kept things quiet despite location.

That being said make sure to request a room on higher floors away from restaurant. My balcony looked right into the restaurant, not ideal to say the least.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Geneva Inn? Share your experiences!