“Nice place for a special celebration” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   N2009 S Lakeshore Dr, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Nice place for a special celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We made our reservation here based on the recommendation of a friend. It did not disappoint. We checked in and I could tell by what they said that they had made notes of our conversation when I made my reservation. Service was friendly. Room was clean and spacious. The 4 poster king bed was huge and was great for my tall husband. We enjoyed a bottle of wine on the porch off the room. The 'turn down' service was great. The morning continental breakfast was very filling - fruit, meat, 2 juices and various breads. The view of the lake was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Mundelein
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was looking for a place to celebrate a belated Birthday stay with my BFF , close by (within an hours drive) and stumbled upon a Living Social special. I was not disappointed. From the front desk staff to the breakfast wait staff, we were treated with the type of service and hospitality I am used to at a Marriott or comparable property. We were given an upgrade to a lakeview suite with 2 rooms, (king bed in each) fireplace, and view of Lake Como. The outdoor pool was warm and right next to the outdoor bar (which we did not use). Loved the comp Shuttle service (Steve was GREAT) and it came in handy since we started with cocktails before dinner and didn't think it was very wise to be driving. Breakfast (included in our special) was one of the best I've had in a long time - fresh veggies in the omlet- my only complaint was the length of time it took to get our meal as we were just about the only people in the restaurant. Our server was very attentive and apologized for the wait. The only other complaint, no fault of the hotel, was the construction that was a bit inconvenient. Overall , I was impressed with the hotel and would definitely be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake side are quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ROCK FALLS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife & I have stayed here many times, always a lake view. We have the nice breakfast with a view of the lake in the dining room. We haven't tried the the dinner in the dining room because of the cost. We will stay again..

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Crystal Lake, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

The view is what you go for in this hotel. In general room was very nice and clean. My only struggle was the value. Given the hefty price tag I would expect a bit more. The things that stood out besides the view were breakfast and the "quiet door." I decided to order eggs versus opting for the continental breakfast. The cost $6.00. This was very refreshing to not have to pay $23.00 for breakfast. My room was right by the lobby and I was a bit concerned about noise. At night they closed a door at end of hall between lobby and rooms. This was very nice as it kept things quiet despite location.

That being said make sure to request a room on higher floors away from restaurant. My balcony looked right into the restaurant, not ideal to say the least.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Wheaton, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a lake view deluxe room. It was much more modern than the pictures on their website and was really quite nice. The balcony was wonderful and the view was well worth the extra money.

Unfortunately, the bed was extremely uncomfortable - extremely hard. The pillows were awful as well as they provided absolutely no support. We did not sleep well and consequently would be hesitant to return. I did not bring this to management's attention as we were in a bit of a hurry in the morning, but mostly because no one bothered to ask how our stay was.

• Stayed June 2013
Moline, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This place has it all, location, view, great restaurant and comfortable rooms.......and a friendly staff. My wife and I enjoy the Geneva Inn enough that we'll spend two or three weekends a year visiting there. Winter, summer or fall we enjoy it whenever we're here.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake are certainly worth the extra money. In the suites only the bedrooms have...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

As always a wonderful experience! I would recommend this to anyone who wishes to stay for more than 3 days! Staff is excellent. Room on the lakeside are spectacular! Call to make your reservations and you will understand why this is a premier place to stay in the Lake Geneva Area!

Room Tip: Lakeside a must!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Geneva Inn? Share your experiences!