“Gorgeous views with a country inn feel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Geneva Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Geneva
Geneva Inn
Save Saved
You added Geneva Inn to your Saves list
N2009 S Lakeshore Dr, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Lake Geneva
Chicago, Illinois
“Gorgeous views with a country inn feel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

After attending a school's fundraising auction, my partner and I ended up winning a gift certificate for a complimentary night and breakfast at the Geneva Inn. The weekend of Christmas Eve we eventually took advantage of the deal and spent the night. The inn is just off Lake Shore Drive in between Lake Geneva and Fontana, right around where Big Foot Beach State Park is located. To downtown Lake Geneva, it is about a 5 minute drive. When you step in the to the inn, you are greeted by a fireplace that you are tempted to walk up to to warm your hands up, however, pass it by and go straight to the dining room (Grandview Restaurant) windows. They have one of the best Geneva Lake views in town. When booking the room, I would recommend upgrading to a lakeview room, otherwise the landview is just of the inn's parking lot. Our room was extremely spacious with two queen beds, a corner whirlpool tub, a separate glass shower, a closet, and a dining table. The decor is a bit dated with a country inn or cottage theme, yet for the location, it's quite fitting and pleasant. Most importantly it was clean. While we didn't spend too much time in the hotel room, but we did sleep well with little to no noise issues (even with Lake Shore Drive across the way). Staff was very friendly and accommodating, so no complaints there either. I would like to return during the summer time to take advantage of their lakeside patios and enjoy a glass of wine.

Room Tip: Opt for the Lakeview room, otherwise you'll have a parking lot view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Maia W, Manager at Geneva Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments! The Lakeside Patio will be open for service starting on Memorial Day Weekend, and we will have live music on the patio on selected dates. Please see our website for details!

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Metamora, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The manager has stated that they tell there guest that it is a 40 minute walk and not good for children. They DID NOT tell my family that when we made the reservations and I asked the distance to town. Also there is a tiny, tiny place to sit with plastic table and chairs but not a great view! We were at the hotel at 7am NO COFFEE!!!! told to return at 7:30. Ofcourse when we stayed at the hotel it was in 2011 and now the manager responds in 2013 possibly they have changed some policies.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Burbank, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I must have called too early in the morning being 7:10am for the woman answering the phone. She seemed very unhappy with me for asking if rooms were available the next week. This is off-season and you would think asking for a room the next week in early February that the reservations person would be happy to assist. You would think that your business is desired. The woman abruptly put me on hold with no explanation and worse was listening several minutes of loud awful jazz music. I gave up. That a business could throw away over a thousand dollars for two nights is beyond belief. I had planned on booking a lakeview suite and a dinner package. I hope this was not the general manager Terese D'Amato that answered the phone? Who knows? Franky I have never been treated so rudely by reservations person.

Room Tip: Get a reservations person that is in a good mood hopefully and cares about bringing in business to t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Maia W, Manager at Geneva Inn, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We appreciate the numerous wonderful comments we receive about our quality guest service, and we are truly fortunate to have a dedicated and caring staff.
We receive inquiry calls at all hours, and at times receive several phone calls at once.
We make every effort to give each caller the personal attention and courtesy they deserve.
This guest will have called while we were assisting another guest and we regret that we did not clearly state that we would be delighted to assist this caller as soon as we possibly could.
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place was great. To begin, I had to change my reservations a few times several days before we were initially going to arrive and when I spoke with Chrisy and Dierdre on the phone, they were so pleasant and patient and helped me rearrange my reservation. When we arrived, the place was so nice and welcoming from the outside. We were greeted fast and friendly at the reception desk and I was so pleasantly surprised when we entered the room! It's decorated so nicely, dark wood, cozy furniture. The bed did have a lump on my husband's side, but overall, it was very cozy. We had a landview room which was a view of the parking lot. I asked for a third (top) floor room which they gave us and even though we saw the cars in the parking lot, we also had a view of trees and seeing the cars didn't bother me at all. It was so worth it with the fantastic balcony! The door to the balcony was not a sliding door, it was a gorgeous wood and glass door with a screen that you could close in the summer for a breeze. Speaking of breeze, the room had a great ceiling fan, which also would be great in the summer. Other great things about the fantastically large room: refrigerator with complimentary bottles of water, a wet bar, a huge jetted bathtub, upscale toiletries, soft beige towels and sheets, two comfy chairs, turndown service with sparkling water and chocolates, a blanket holder, and best of all... robes!!! I was not expecting all these extras! Other perks of the hotel: fresh coffee every morning on each floor, the continental breakfast included fresh breads, croissants, pastries, fresh fruit (with carved fruit sculpture!), sliced deli meats, cheeses, a couple types of juices, and of course coffee. And the best part, was the view of the lake from the restaurant. It's not a distant view, it's right up to the water! The hotel also had a pianist in the bar/restaurant area in the evening, a large tv in the bar, and a lounge area with cozy chairs and a fireplace. This place was top notch and the perfect cozy winter getaway that we wanted. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you're staying in a "landview" room, ask for the top floor, the view is better up t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

. . . and I'd almost forgotten about it (all I can say is just try to avoid getting old - the eyesight was the first to go, followed by brain function - it's my only excuse, okay?). So I'm wandering Lake Geneva, WI, on my trusty tripadvisor, and I come upon The Geneva Inn. The website is lovely, the reviews are unequivocally super, and it dawns on me that my husband and I celebrated our 30-something anniversary there. By the end of dinner the first night I felt like family, because that's how we were treated throughout our stay. And that level of comfort - elegance without a trace of pretension - was something I'd rarely experienced. You know how some of the great hotels just can't help reflecting their aura of "we are wonderful; we know it; you know it;", and they're taking their exalted status just a bit too seriously? Chicago's Peninsula and even The Drake in my experience, have taken that cloak of greatness and it weighs more than it should. Then, if you're lucky, you stay at The Wheeler Mansion (Chicago) and The Geneva Inn - great hotels whose staff haven't lost a trace of their love of what they're doing. They're happy; having fun while providing the highest standard of customer service - and they always let you in on the joke. Can't think of a higher compliment. Please go to The Geneva Inn - I want you to see what I mean. You might even get a tall short-haired blonde (Joyce?) to guide you to the perfect seared sea scallops, hold the sauce. Best seafood since the rocky coast of Maine. You won't be seated next to the couple who happen to be celebrating their 50th anniversary (that'll be me). She and I took one look at each other and we saw right into each other's hearts. As they were leaving,we clasped hands and she whispered something to me that I won't forget. That wouldn't have happened if Joyce hadn't made us feel like family. If you get the mix of personalities right, anything can happen.

I bought a cool silver weaved box to grace my vanity from the gift shop. I store hair stuff in it. Since it didn't carry a price tag, I almost had the person helping me convinced it must be free. Almost had her - we were laughing when the manager called her back to say she had found the price. I use it every day. And look - I had almost forgotten where these really fun, smart people worked. One more time: The Geneva Inn. Lake Geneva, WI. Please go there if you possibly can. Oh, and I should mention it's right smack on the lakeshore with fabulous views and private balconies and boat slips - oh, just make your reservations; can't wait to hear what you think.

• Stayed May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

If you happen to receive the Groupon rate for this hotel, go, go, go! It is a beautiful, adult-preferred "boutique inn". The Groupon rate makes it feasible compared to the standard rate. (I now regret that I didn't purchase the maximum quantity of coupons.) You will not be given a lake view room, but that's fine for this bargain. Enjoy the fireplace with a beverage and a good book; eat a leisurely meal in the comfortable dining room; stroll the town for one-of-a-kind goodies.

Room Tip: You will receive a standard (non-view) room with Groupon.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Really nice place on Lake Geneva with first class accommodations. Food was very good in the restaurant with views over the lake. Take the boat ride around the lake to learn the history and see beautiful homes. Boat leaves from downtown.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a lake view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Geneva Inn? Share your experiences!