“Relaxing, cozy.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Geneva Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Geneva
Geneva Inn
You added Geneva Inn to your Saves list
N2009 S Lakeshore Dr, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Chicago, IL
“Relaxing, cozy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place was great. To begin, I had to change my reservations a few times several days before we were initially going to arrive and when I spoke with Chrisy and Dierdre on the phone, they were so pleasant and patient and helped me rearrange my reservation. When we arrived, the place was so nice and welcoming from the outside. We were greeted fast and friendly at the reception desk and I was so pleasantly surprised when we entered the room! It's decorated so nicely, dark wood, cozy furniture. The bed did have a lump on my husband's side, but overall, it was very cozy. We had a landview room which was a view of the parking lot. I asked for a third (top) floor room which they gave us and even though we saw the cars in the parking lot, we also had a view of trees and seeing the cars didn't bother me at all. It was so worth it with the fantastic balcony! The door to the balcony was not a sliding door, it was a gorgeous wood and glass door with a screen that you could close in the summer for a breeze. Speaking of breeze, the room had a great ceiling fan, which also would be great in the summer. Other great things about the fantastically large room: refrigerator with complimentary bottles of water, a wet bar, a huge jetted bathtub, upscale toiletries, soft beige towels and sheets, two comfy chairs, turndown service with sparkling water and chocolates, a blanket holder, and best of all... robes!!! I was not expecting all these extras! Other perks of the hotel: fresh coffee every morning on each floor, the continental breakfast included fresh breads, croissants, pastries, fresh fruit (with carved fruit sculpture!), sliced deli meats, cheeses, a couple types of juices, and of course coffee. And the best part, was the view of the lake from the restaurant. It's not a distant view, it's right up to the water! The hotel also had a pianist in the bar/restaurant area in the evening, a large tv in the bar, and a lounge area with cozy chairs and a fireplace. This place was top notch and the perfect cozy winter getaway that we wanted. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you're staying in a "landview" room, ask for the top floor, the view is better up t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you! We appreciate your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

. . . and I'd almost forgotten about it (all I can say is just try to avoid getting old - the eyesight was the first to go, followed by brain function - it's my only excuse, okay?). So I'm wandering Lake Geneva, WI, on my trusty tripadvisor, and I come upon The Geneva Inn. The website is lovely, the reviews are unequivocally super, and it dawns on me that my husband and I celebrated our 30-something anniversary there. By the end of dinner the first night I felt like family, because that's how we were treated throughout our stay. And that level of comfort - elegance without a trace of pretension - was something I'd rarely experienced. You know how some of the great hotels just can't help reflecting their aura of "we are wonderful; we know it; you know it;", and they're taking their exalted status just a bit too seriously? Chicago's Peninsula and even The Drake in my experience, have taken that cloak of greatness and it weighs more than it should. Then, if you're lucky, you stay at The Wheeler Mansion (Chicago) and The Geneva Inn - great hotels whose staff haven't lost a trace of their love of what they're doing. They're happy; having fun while providing the highest standard of customer service - and they always let you in on the joke. Can't think of a higher compliment. Please go to The Geneva Inn - I want you to see what I mean. You might even get a tall short-haired blonde (Joyce?) to guide you to the perfect seared sea scallops, hold the sauce. Best seafood since the rocky coast of Maine. You won't be seated next to the couple who happen to be celebrating their 50th anniversary (that'll be me). She and I took one look at each other and we saw right into each other's hearts. As they were leaving,we clasped hands and she whispered something to me that I won't forget. That wouldn't have happened if Joyce hadn't made us feel like family. If you get the mix of personalities right, anything can happen.

I bought a cool silver weaved box to grace my vanity from the gift shop. I store hair stuff in it. Since it didn't carry a price tag, I almost had the person helping me convinced it must be free. Almost had her - we were laughing when the manager called her back to say she had found the price. I use it every day. And look - I had almost forgotten where these really fun, smart people worked. One more time: The Geneva Inn. Lake Geneva, WI. Please go there if you possibly can. Oh, and I should mention it's right smack on the lakeshore with fabulous views and private balconies and boat slips - oh, just make your reservations; can't wait to hear what you think.

• Stayed May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

If you happen to receive the Groupon rate for this hotel, go, go, go! It is a beautiful, adult-preferred "boutique inn". The Groupon rate makes it feasible compared to the standard rate. (I now regret that I didn't purchase the maximum quantity of coupons.) You will not be given a lake view room, but that's fine for this bargain. Enjoy the fireplace with a beverage and a good book; eat a leisurely meal in the comfortable dining room; stroll the town for one-of-a-kind goodies.

Room Tip: You will receive a standard (non-view) room with Groupon.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Really nice place on Lake Geneva with first class accommodations. Food was very good in the restaurant with views over the lake. Take the boat ride around the lake to learn the history and see beautiful homes. Boat leaves from downtown.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a lake view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodstock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We dined there on October 10th in honor of my sweethearts birthday. The food and service were very good, though pricey. The view of Lake Geneva is spectacular and part of what you are paying for. I suggest dining there around sunset.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We actually had to move from another resort to the Geneva Inn because the other resort was so loud. Geneva Inn is perfect for anyone who wants a quiet night.

Other thoughts:
* Great turn down service
* Great views
* Friendly staff
* Extremely clean

• Stayed October 2012
Woodridge, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We just got back from a beautiful weekend at the Geneva Inn. We had asked for early check-in, and knew that the room was booked the prior night. We got there about 12:15pm, and were told the guests had just checked out. Our luggage was put in a closet area, and we had a light lunch while they got the room ready. It was ready for us by 1pm. We had room 213 - which was a king room with a nice jacuzzi tub and separate shower in the bathroom. The view from our balcony was outstanding. We had the "innclusive" package for two nights - which included dinner for two for one night. We did that Friday night. It was a great meal - and the service was outstanding. Turndown service included a bottle of spring water, chocolates and a rose was put on our pillows.

Every employee we dealt with over the weekend was extremely friendly and helpful. They definitely make you feel at home and welcome. We would definitely stay there again if we go back to Lake Geneva.

Room Tip: Room 213 is a corner room - lakeside - with a king bed and jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The view fr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you! We appreciate your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Geneva Inn? Share your experiences!