“The Best of the Best . . .” 5 of 5 stars

You added Geneva Inn to your Saves list
Geneva Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   N2009 S Lakeshore Dr, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
“The Best of the Best . . .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

. . . and I'd almost forgotten about it (all I can say is just try to avoid getting old - the eyesight was the first to go, followed by brain function - it's my only excuse, okay?). So I'm wandering Lake Geneva, WI, on my trusty tripadvisor, and I come upon The Geneva Inn. The website is lovely, the reviews are unequivocally super, and it dawns on me that my husband and I celebrated our 30-something anniversary there. By the end of dinner the first night I felt like family, because that's how we were treated throughout our stay. And that level of comfort - elegance without a trace of pretension - was something I'd rarely experienced. You know how some of the great hotels just can't help reflecting their aura of "we are wonderful; we know it; you know it;", and they're taking their exalted status just a bit too seriously? Chicago's Peninsula and even The Drake in my experience, have taken that cloak of greatness and it weighs more than it should. Then, if you're lucky, you stay at The Wheeler Mansion (Chicago) and The Geneva Inn - great hotels whose staff haven't lost a trace of their love of what they're doing. They're happy; having fun while providing the highest standard of customer service - and they always let you in on the joke. Can't think of a higher compliment. Please go to The Geneva Inn - I want you to see what I mean. You might even get a tall short-haired blonde (Joyce?) to guide you to the perfect seared sea scallops, hold the sauce. Best seafood since the rocky coast of Maine. You won't be seated next to the couple who happen to be celebrating their 50th anniversary (that'll be me). She and I took one look at each other and we saw right into each other's hearts. As they were leaving,we clasped hands and she whispered something to me that I won't forget. That wouldn't have happened if Joyce hadn't made us feel like family. If you get the mix of personalities right, anything can happen.

I bought a cool silver weaved box to grace my vanity from the gift shop. I store hair stuff in it. Since it didn't carry a price tag, I almost had the person helping me convinced it must be free. Almost had her - we were laughing when the manager called her back to say she had found the price. I use it every day. And look - I had almost forgotten where these really fun, smart people worked. One more time: The Geneva Inn. Lake Geneva, WI. Please go there if you possibly can. Oh, and I should mention it's right smack on the lakeshore with fabulous views and private balconies and boat slips - oh, just make your reservations; can't wait to hear what you think.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you! We appreciate your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

If you happen to receive the Groupon rate for this hotel, go, go, go! It is a beautiful, adult-preferred "boutique inn". The Groupon rate makes it feasible compared to the standard rate. (I now regret that I didn't purchase the maximum quantity of coupons.) You will not be given a lake view room, but that's fine for this bargain. Enjoy the fireplace with a beverage and a good book; eat a leisurely meal in the comfortable dining room; stroll the town for one-of-a-kind goodies.

Room Tip: You will receive a standard (non-view) room with Groupon.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Really nice place on Lake Geneva with first class accommodations. Food was very good in the restaurant with views over the lake. Take the boat ride around the lake to learn the history and see beautiful homes. Boat leaves from downtown.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a lake view.
Woodstock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We dined there on October 10th in honor of my sweethearts birthday. The food and service were very good, though pricey. The view of Lake Geneva is spectacular and part of what you are paying for. I suggest dining there around sunset.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We actually had to move from another resort to the Geneva Inn because the other resort was so loud. Geneva Inn is perfect for anyone who wants a quiet night.

Other thoughts:
* Great turn down service
* Great views
* Friendly staff
* Extremely clean

• Stayed October 2012
Woodridge, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We just got back from a beautiful weekend at the Geneva Inn. We had asked for early check-in, and knew that the room was booked the prior night. We got there about 12:15pm, and were told the guests had just checked out. Our luggage was put in a closet area, and we had a light lunch while they got the room ready. It was ready for us by 1pm. We had room 213 - which was a king room with a nice jacuzzi tub and separate shower in the bathroom. The view from our balcony was outstanding. We had the "innclusive" package for two nights - which included dinner for two for one night. We did that Friday night. It was a great meal - and the service was outstanding. Turndown service included a bottle of spring water, chocolates and a rose was put on our pillows.

Every employee we dealt with over the weekend was extremely friendly and helpful. They definitely make you feel at home and welcome. We would definitely stay there again if we go back to Lake Geneva.

Room Tip: Room 213 is a corner room - lakeside - with a king bed and jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The view fr...
Poplar Grove, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband reserved the lakeside suite at the Geneva Inn for my birthday. It was spectacular. The room was beautiful and the view was wonderful. When we checked in room service delivered a plate of appitizers and a bottle of champagne. We had dinner at the Grandview at the hotel. Even though it was a little pricey it was nice to be treated very well by the staff. I was impressed with the woman who checked us in because my husband told her when he booked the room that it was my birthday and when we were checking in she wished me Happy Birthday. Just the little things that show you people still do care about customer service is refreshing. We would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: It is worth paying more for a lakeside room.