“Grand Geneva made my husband's 40th birthday spectacular!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Geneva Resort & Spa

You added Grand Geneva Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   7036 Grand Geneva Way, at Hwys 50 East & 12, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northwest Indiana
“Grand Geneva made my husband's 40th birthday spectacular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

Everything from the reservations to the quality of service we had was spectacular. The Dir of Ops personally called us to see how things were and we were sent up complimentary chocolate covered strawberries for my husband's birthday. The spa was wonderful and even the Chophouse did something special for his birthday without my asking. The room was very clean and cozy and the TV in the bathroom mirror was just the coolest thing!! Overall it was a wonderful experience and we will definitely be coming back!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We decided to stay at the Grand Geneva over Thanksgiving weekend, 2010. I must admit I was able to get a good deal on the room with a military discount. I did have problems with their staff when I called and tried to book a room. The agent kept telling me the room would be 169.00 plus tax, plus the stupid 15.00 dollar per day resort fee. I told her numerous times the military discount on-line was way less than 169.00 she kept arguing with me, so I finally booked on line. We arrived on Friday, check-in was easy however they were not very helpful about taking your luggage or providing any assistance. I thought this was very poor compared to other places I stayed such a Opryland Hotel where they were more than willing to take your luggage and bring it to your room. I agree with the other person who posted and commented on the cleanliness. I stayed in building three. The carpets are filthy and need to be replaced, The windows are dirty and not very well kept overall. Room was somewhat hard to find but once you got use to it is wasn’t bad. I asked numerous workers for directions but they could not speak English, a lot of no abla. I took my two girls over to the rock climbing wall at the fitness facility and the young girl over there did a super job, please give her a raise. She was very helpful and assisted my two girls five and eight to climb the 35ft wall. I would not consider this a four star hotel and not sure how they can make this claim? Maybe 2.5 at best. I definitely would not pay the going rate for a room with two double beds facing the parking lot. In order to reach the four star level they will need to clean the place up and update the décor to include the carpets, work on customer service and get rid of the 15.00 dollar per day resort fee, it makes no sense.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Buffalo Grove, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

We recently stayed at the Grand Geneva for the lighting ceremony/fireworks. We booked 2 adjoining rooms for my wife/me and our 2 kids (12 and 10). When we arrived at 1 pm, we were told that the rooms were not quite ready. I asked that the front desk contact housekeeping to advise that we needed our rooms because we had several things that we needed to do prior to the ceremony at 4:30. I stated that all they needed to do was get one room ready so we could get ourselves situated before we headed out. The front desk advised that they would do so and call us as soon as the rooms were ready - likely within 30 minutes. We ran some errands and did not hear anything for over an hour. I went back to the front desk at 2:30 and was confronted by a very hostile front desk clerk who gave me a dirty look and then questioned me as to why I came back prior to receiving a call. I told her that the hotel appeared to be relatively empty and I wanted to know the status of our room(s). At that point, she stated in a very hostile voice that it appeared that housekeeping had not even begun to get our rooms ready and I should come back in another hour because she was not obligated to give me the rooms until 4 pm. It was at that point that I stopped being nice. She may have been the rudest hotel employee that I have ever dealt with. To think that the Grand Geneva deems it appropriate to put somebody with an attitude like that at the front desk is beyond me. Fortunately, another employee (I forgot his name) stepped in to stop her from making an even worse impression on the resort. He was great and he even upgraded us to a Junior Suite with adjoining room for the kids. Once we got situated in our room, the experience was wonderful, as you will note from my overall rating. The resort is beautiful and the fireworks were great. We ordered dinner from room service and the food was very good. Overall, a good experience that could have been better if the resort trained its front desk employees to focus more on customer service, which unfortunately seems to be an issue with this resort. We are accustomed to this type of problem with resorts in the Dells, but not at the Grand Geneva. Not sure if we would come back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

This is a late post, but I wanted to make sure we shared our latest experience. We visit the Grand quite often. It is a wonderful place, however we have seen some changes. During our last visit we noticed that almost all the windows and mirrors were dirty and the carpets looked like they have not been vacuumed for a couple of days. Later in the day we went out to the "fire pit" area and it was disgusting. The cushions were very dirty and the concrete needed some major cleaning (spills from drinks the night before and cigarette ashes/buts on the ground). You would think that a hotel like the Grand would take the time and spray down the concrete and clean the cushions every morning. We met a couple of people while sitting out in the area and they too expressed the same concern. My husband and I are not picky people, but when you are staying at a luxury four diamond resort you expect the best. Especially when you are paying $300.00 a night. To the Grand remember that the "little things" do matter. Hopefully it will be better next time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

The staff and resort are top notch. The staff is always friendly and willing to help you in any way. I've experienced the golf course, ski, restaurant/bar, and etc. and all are amazing. I will be back in the future and encourage you to try it for yourself. You will NOT be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2010
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Grand Geneva Resort with my husband for our anniversary. From the time we got out of our car we were treated like we were special! The desk clerk found out why we were there and upgraded us to a room with a view. Sandy, the concierge, sent us a plate of chocolate covered strawberries to help us celebrate. We ate at the restaurants while we were there and the food was exquisite as well the friendly staff. We are definitely planning on going back to stay.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Shorewood, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

The room was so beautiful and relaxing. The staff was kind, efficient and completely on top of their game. Food was excellent, amenities classy, atmosphere upbeat, clean as can be, visually attractive, 100% service oriented and the opportunities for activity second to none. I travel all over the world, sometimes feel like I live in hotels and I sincerely give it my highest unqualified recommendation.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Been to Grand Geneva Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!