“Our favorite place to escape...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Geneva Resort & Spa

You added Grand Geneva Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   7036 Grand Geneva Way, at Hwys 50 East & 12, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Brodhead, Wisconsin
“Our favorite place to escape...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Once again Grand Geneva is a winner. We took advantage of a special Sunday pricing and escaped for a lovely, relaxing time. This time weather cooperated and we included some retail therapy in Lake Geneva as well as a lovely, informative hour cruise on the lake...followed by a quiet evening at the Grand. Breakfast was delish and oyr waitress delightful. Cudos to all the staff...job well done. Returned home relaxed n refreshed...plan to return...not soon enough!!

Room Tip: All rooms great but if you want a view request lake side...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear susig60 – Thank you for your posting. I was glad to read that you were able to escape and rekindle and renew. I have shared your accolades with my team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stated in a junior suite in the Grand Geneva from Thursday to Saturday in spring of 2013. The place and experience was very lovely.
PROS:
Excellent service and attention.
Clean and spacious rooms
Mirror TV in bathroom (not necessary but fun for guys)
A nice view (but of the Grand Geneva golf course and man-made lake).
Great parking.
Close but not too close to the busy tourist areas.
Luscious and green grounds.

CONS:
Not actually on Lake Geneva (which is 5-10 min away)
The alcohol drinks in the hotel bars are very weak.
Weekend gets much more busy and crowded during the warm months.
Occasional insect gets into the rooms and there are mosquitoes on the balcony at night

All in all I would do it again but definitely stay during the week.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Trinitraveler13 – Thank you for your posting in regards to your Spring trip. I am glad that you had an excellent stay. I have shared your bar feedback with my F&B Director in an effort to enhance our beverage selections, operating procedures as well as our training programs.
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Geneva twice now for businesses conferences. Some have mentioned the navigation challenge through the buildings, I agree, it was challenging the first time I was there but it was much easier this time. As a business traveler I charge all of my electronics in the room and it usually is a difficulty trying to find enough outlets. That is not the case at the Grand Geneva, they made an effort to make sure plenty of outlets are accessible which I greatly appreciated. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The gymnasium and spa were a good surprise, much grander than I expected. I suggest you make your dinner reservations early because each stay I have had to eat elsewhere because I was told there was no room in the restaurants. Over all it is a very nice place to stay and I would return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear actormann – Thank you for your recent posting. I am glad that you enjoyed our electronic friendly features of our guest rooms, the multi-media jack pack is also a great feature. A tip for all of our travelers is that our reservations team can assist you with reservations for all of our fabulous restaurants during your time of booking. You may also access restaurant reservations via opentable.com at your convenience. Actormann I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.
Hinsdale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We (my husband, myself and two of our children) just spent two days at the Grand Geneva over the Father's Day weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Golf on the Brute course, massages at the Well Spa, lunch and lounging poolside and dinner at the Chophouse among other wonderful things were the absolute highlights. Guest services could not have been better. Can't bring ourselves to stay anywhere else when we're in Lake Geneva. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Loved the Lakeview room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Heimsoths – Thank you for your recent posting. I am honored that you selected the Grand Geneva to celebrate your Father’s Day Weekend and was excited to read that it exceeded your expectations. See you soon.
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This resort should be torn down and rebuilt from scratch! The buildings are old and run down with winding multi level hallways that require a GPS to help navigate. The grounds and location are beautiful and well maintained. Our room was nice enough but the bathroom was so small that you could barely move once you navigated over the toilet to get in. We tried to have breakfast but although half the tables were empty we were told there would be a half hour wait. We chose to eat in town instead. Foolishly we went back and tried lunch but again mostly empty but when seated all the guests were seated close together and with screaming kids we chose to leave. This was one of the most unsatisfactory stays we have experienced in our years of travel. I could go on but what is the point. Make a different selection while staying in Lake Geneva.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Furnman 10 – Thank you for your recent posting. I want to apologize for the poor restaurant experiences you were provided during your recent I assure you that this is not the level of service that we provide at The Grand Geneva Resort and Spa. As for our facility, all of our lobby, corridors, guestrooms and suites were recently renovated. Our Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin design is characterized by long, low-style designs with open floor plans, overhanging eves, rows of windows and abstraction of form all promote a timeless design. You are correct when you reference the width of the campus compared to today’s more modern high rise hotels. I hope you will reconsider the Grand Geneva Resort the next time you are in the area.
Mio, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The staff is one of the friendliest groups of people I have been associated with at any resort that I have traveled to in the last 25 years. A must stay if you need time to relax and get away. This is a full service resort with something for everyone adults and kids.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear leflerl – Thank you for your posting. I have shared your accolades with my team. I was pleased to read that our People Pleasing People service culture was evident during your visit. The Grand Geneva is truly a resort for all seasons
Elgin, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a one-bedroom deluxe Orange Lake timeshare unit on the resort property. Very nice, very clean. All new appliances. We enjoyed the pool and hot tubs. The staff is always very polite and helpful. The grounds are always well maintained. The main lodge pool area desperately needs updated especially the women's bathroom/changing area-too cramped, wet and messy!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Sandy S thank you for your feedback. For our future travelers this posting pertains to the Holiday Inn Club Vacations Complex on the grounds of the Grand Geneva.

Been to Grand Geneva Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!