“Had a great time for spring break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Geneva Resort & Spa

You added Grand Geneva Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   7036 Grand Geneva Way, at Hwys 50 East & 12, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Had a great time for spring break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've been here a few times, and this time was great as usual. Took the kids on a mini-spring break trip (solo!, what was i thinking) but it was fantastic. The kids love the water park and the junior escapade activities, with the latter providing me a few hours to myself. Thanks again, and see you in golf season.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent posting. That is exactly the purpose of Kids R Grand - We are more than just babysitting! Our daily junior escapades and daily recreational center are created to inspire children to be creative and innovative and Mom gets some me time. I look forward to seeing you this summer.

Kindest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Booked overnight Mother-Daughter get-away trip another friend and daughter. Was suppose to be a Spring Break alternative with spa treatments, dinner and quiet retreat from crazy life. Well, it was anything but quiet retreat. Upon check-in we already noticed the place was "up for grabs" -- crowded lobby, bellmen pushing full cart loads of boxes & luggage, kids running around everywhere, and this was a Sunday at 1:00 in the afternoon!

We proceeded to the spa where is was more of the same... locker room was crowded and there were no benches to put your things on while undressing. We put on our white fluffy (?) robes and looked for the usual quiet room to sit, read and wait for appointment. No such thing exists at the Grand... the quiet room consists of 4 lounge chairs and a few arm chairs next to the jacuzzi. Nothing like relaxing in a chlorine infused, humid room. No magazines, no healthy snacks to nibble on and if you wanted something to drink there were little paper dixie cups (2 oz maybe) to fill with water. While the spa treatments were excellent the whole experience was overshadowed by the poor, poor, poor spa environment. Did I mention the kids running in and out of the the spa locker room? What resort spa allows children under the age of 16 in the facility anyway?! I understand that the fitness facility is located in the same building but certainly the resort can and should provide separate facilities for each... Now, do not even get me started on the noise level outside our sleeping room... On Monday morning, after spending a tidy sum for spa, room and dinner, I had to go home for some peace and quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent posting. My name is Brett Sundstrom and I am the Managing Director of the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa. I want to apologize that your expectations were not met during your stay. We pride ourselves on providing an environment where our guests may rekindle and renew. Our priority is to exceed expectations and provide a great experience, but it sounds as though we failed to hit the mark during your stay. I apologize for that. Your comments have been shared with my staff, so thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take your comments to heart, as your feedback will help us improve. As we continue to strive for excellence in service, I welcome the opportunity to speak to you more about your recent resort experience - I may be reached at 262-249-4713.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The property is beautiful. From the long winding drive thru the back of property.
The Staff was very accomodating. (Except for the Starbucks crew).
We upgraded to a lakeside which was on the lst floor with a patio. The room was either chilly or the heat was blowing down on us/not comfortable. Double beds that actually had springs and not very comfy. The most upsetting was the room was an adjoining and I'm quessing thru the door/wall we 'heard' the neighbors twice/ very embarrasing/ enough said!
The room was on an end of a long hallway with large entry/foyers and parents used this to let their children run up and down. Very loud and distracting. A lot of young children in restaurants, elevators, lobbies, grand hall etc...

Not the spot for couples wanting a quiet 'get away'
Not the spot for mother/daughter wanting a relaxing 'spa' weekend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent posting. This particular weekend we did have a conference at the resort that catered toward children. Our priority is to provide you with a great experience, but it sounds as though we failed to hit the mark during your stay. I apologize for that. Your comments have been shared with my staff, so thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take your comments to heart, as your feedback will help us improve.

Sincerely

Managing Director
Wichita
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We spent one night and two days here. The staff are helpful, but the rooms are something else:

1) The rooms are supposed to be non-smoking. However, the people in the rooms next to us decided that smoking was a good idea in their rooms. When I complained to the front desk, they promised to send security to investigate. That never happened, because in the middle of the night I could smell second hand smoke seeping into my room.

2) Most of the clientele are rowdy.... Hey nothing better than getting woken up in the middle of the night by someone in the rooms next to you being loud.

3) Rooms are not kept nice. Lifted up the toilet seat only to find yellow, dried urine stains.

So much for a luxury resort. Will I stay there again, most likely NOT!!!!!

Room Tip: Only tip I have is don't waste your money..This is far from luxury..there are other better place...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent posting. My name is Brett Sundstrom and I am the Managing Director of the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa. Our priority is to provide you with a great experience, but it sounds as though we failed to hit the mark during your stay. I apologize for that. Your comments have been shared with my staff, so thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take your comments to heart, as your feedback will help us improve. As we continue to strive for excellence in service, I welcome the opportunity to speak to you more about your recent resort experience - I may be reached at 262-249-4713.
Antioch, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My son and I went for an overnight get-away. I used their "Kids are Grand" childcare - 2 hour minimum and he had a great time, good price. I used the salon for a makeup application appointment-very enjoyable. The room was on the first floor overlooking the lake/pond and was very clean and comfortable. The beds were soft and cozy without being mushy. They've recently upgraded the rooms and I think they've done a nice job. mini-fridge (with complimentary water), snack basket, and coffee maker in the room. We also had dinner and though the food was very good, the service was slow (due to the fact that there was one waitress for the entire area). We also used the pool my son had a great time. The hot tub was hot, but the bubbles weren't working. A maint. person did come and take a look at it but couldn't fix it. I feel everyone I had contact with there gave me great service and I feel we made the most of our time there and enjoyed a lot they had to offer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent posting. I was pleased to read that you and your son had a lovely overnight getaway. I want to apologize for the slow service in the restaurant as well as the poor conditions of the hot tub. I assure you that this is not the level of service or product that we provide at The Grand Geneva Resort and Spa. I am glad that the staff provided great service. I look forward to your return visit.

Sincerely

Managing Director
Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Our family of 5 booked a last-minute ski weekend here the beginning of March. Good timing too, as it was the last weekend the slopes were open for the season. The main resort is lovely, we stayed in one of the deluxe guest rooms and it was super nice and clean. The kids' favorite part was the tv in the bathroom mirror - they couldn't get enough of that! Regular-size guest rooms, but nice updated ammenities, nice linens. I was happy we booked a room in the main lodge, because we could walk indoors to 3 restaurants, get our Starbucks, go to indoor pool, ect. Enjoyed breakfast at Grand Dining room both days - great buffet with made to order omelettes! Made reservations one evening at Brissago, their italian restaurant, and it was delicious! Pricey, but worth it..they even give the kiddos Lego sets when they seat you - a huge hit! We spent a whole day at The Mountain Top, skiing, which was only a mile from the lodge. On Sunday, we drove a mile the other way to their indoor waterpark at the Timber Ridge Lodge. Kids can't wait to come back next year!

Room Tip: Stay at Grand Geneva main lodge if you want easy access to great restaurants, and more peace and qui...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent posting. I am glad that your family enjoyed a great ski weekend with us at the Grand Geneva. Winter has been amazing this year and the Ski Hill re-opens this weekend through the end of the month. I am glad that the restaurant experiences exceeded you expectations. I hope you do not wait an entire year to return, your family would truly enjoy the resort this summer as well.

Kindest Regards -
Waukegan, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Found a deal on-line and spent a Sunday night here. Wonderful experience from the time the valet greeted us until the time the front desk said good-bye the next morning. Everyone was very courteous and helpful. The bed was more softer than I am used to, but other than that our room was very comfortable. Even enjoyed the TV in the bathroom! That was a first for us! Ate breakfast at the Cafe and it was a lot of freshly made, good food for the money. And the view was spectacular even though it was overcast. Most definately will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for your recent posting. I am glad that your stay was wonderful. The TVs in the mirrors are cool. I was pleased to read that the staff exceeded your expectations. The Grand Geneva is truly a resort for all seasons. During Christmas in the Country the resort is truly a Winter Wonderland. I look forward to your return visit.

Been to Grand Geneva Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!