“Skiing at Grand Geneva” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Geneva Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Grand Geneva Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   7036 Grand Geneva Way, at Hwys 50 East & 12, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Lake Geneva
Park City, Utah, United States
“Skiing at Grand Geneva”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Took our niece and nephews , first timers to GG for their first experience. Hans, the area director, Cheryl, the ski school director, and our instructor , Celeaste, were phenomenal. The kids loved it and it is the best place to learn so close to Chicago. The hotel accommodations were excellent. There was a huge running event going on and our room was a bit late getting ready, BUT without even asking, the hotel gave us water park tickets for the night. The entire staff did a great job.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
I want to thank you for sharing your kind praise for our associates, Hans, Cheryl and Celeaste. At Marcus Hotels and Resorts we are very proud of our hotels, but most proud of our associates who make a commitment to provide exceptional service and memorable experiences for all of our guests. We strive to be “People Pleasers” and are honored you choose to spend time with us at Grand Geneva Resort and Spa. I have shared your comments with Hans, Cheryl and Celeaste well as their managers. I always enjoy the opportunity to let people know that their good work is appreciated and recognized. Each of them was encouraged by your kind words.

1,222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We visit the Grand Geneva several times a year and are always satisfied with the service, ammenities and especially the wide range of entertainment/food options. With family and friends ranging from 18 to late 50's, we need something to keep everyone fed, entertained and satisfied during a special holiday trip or event. At the Sno Fun Run charity race, we always expect mayhem and are never disappointed. The staff endures many challenges and never stop smiling when asked just one more question. The hotel and grounds are safe which gives us peace of mind with teenagers to keep entertained. In the summer, the poolside bar and restaurant is simply gorgeous at lunch or dinner with the wonderful lake views. I highly recommend it for romantic couple getaways as well. The entertainment in the piano bar area is excellent or simply watching a football game in the lounge with diso dancing afterward is exciting. The pool and hot tub is always relaxing and the spa is excellent for working out and recharging. The hotel will be happy to ensure you are in an adult only room. This place will keep you pampered, entertained and relaxed.

Vickie Janicki

Room Tip: Always ask for a lake view....it is marvelous to relax with a glass of wine.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent posting and continued business. I agree with you that the Grand Geneva is truly a resort for all seasons. I was excited to read that the staff makes you feel pampered, entertained and relaxed. Sounds like you had a “Grand Experience”. I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Johnston, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We decided to celebrate our 15 year anniversary here and fell in love with the resort. Although there was some Fall bug issue, they couldn't control, we did love our room. They looked like June bugs and were harmless but I still didn't like having them land on our TV or worry about stepping on them. Looking beyond that we had a beautiful view of the golf course and our room was comfortable and the TV in the bathroom mirror was a nice feature. We decided to have a couples massage and for the price, I must say it wasn't worth it. We thought there was a 15% discount, but was told the couple's side by side table wasn't included, but if we had the 1 big table we would have got the discount. After complaining to the front desk staff at the spa, they still did not adjust the price. Definitely not worth the $200+ for the massage which wasn't any better than something I've had at our local massage spas for a lot less money. When we checked out, I talked to the front desk about the issue and they apologized and quickly adjusted our room cost with the discount. Being a travel agent, I'm very aware of customer service and making something right when the customer is unhappy. I was very appreciative of this gesture and that is something I will remember and will make us return someday. Thank you to the front desk staff for the champagne when we arrived and for listening to our concerns.

Room Tip: The only reason I gave the sleep quality an average was because of the bug issue. We also had a roo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent posting pertaining to your October resort experience. I was honored that you selected the Grand Geneva resort to celebrate your anniversary. I apologize for a less than great Spa experience. I was pleased to read that the Front desk was able to recover the experience. I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've visited the Grand Geneva many times and have never been disappointed. In fact our most recent visit exceeded expectations. There is much to do here year round. Lovely outdoor pool with great views from the expansive pool deck plus poolside pool/bar service. The indoor pool is equally nice - big, clean, and toasty warm in the winter. I've had great experiences at the Well Spa with the services and amenities rivaling much more expensive spas that I've been to. On my last spa visit my friend and I were served complimentary mimosas all morning long - a very nice surprise!

Most recently we came for a ski overnight with a large group of friends. The front desk was able to accommodate our request for connecting rooms without a problem. We made dinner reservations for 28 and Jamaica, the dining event coordinator, set us up in a very nice semi-private area. The service was outstanding - most of us enjoyed the prime rib/crab buffet but we never waited for drink and the servers were very attentive to our two tables of children (17 kids in all!). The food was good. Kids loved the dessert bar on the buffet - especially the chocolate fountain (sorry for the mess!). Everyone in our party was impressed and it made for a terrific experience. After dinner we were able to watch the NFL playoffs on big TV's set up around the lounge which was great since we had so many kids an could not take them into the bar area. Good live music in lounge too.

We stayed in a standard king w/lake view - very nice room: clean, up to date, nice size, and nice bathroom. Most if not all rooms have a balcony. Lots of closet space. Free wi-fi. If I had one complaint it would be that the walls were a bit thin - I could hear other guests (crying baby) several times throughout the night. But the beds, linens and duvet were super comfy.

All in all it was fantastic time and I am already looking forward to going back soon.

Room Tip: ask for a lake view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent posting and your continued support of Grand Geneva. I agree with you, the Grand Geneva offers so much no matter the season. I was pleased to read that the staff and product exceeded you expectations. I look forward to your return visit.

Kindest Regards -
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed in two rooms here. When we checked into our first room there was garbage on the floor and the bathroom sink had not been washed. That evening, someone we did not know entered our room with a card-key. I went to the front desk and they accidentally gave our room key to someone else! As I was walking back to our room, someone else was beginning to open the door to our other room with a card-key. The front desk personnel said both instances were a mistake and shrugged it off. We were very disappointed. I e-mailed the hotel twice believing I would get an apology or discount on our stay but never heard back at all. We will not be going back as I do not feel they take safety or cleanliness seriously.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent posting pertaining to your March 2012 resort stay. My name is Brett Sundstrom and I am the Managing Director of the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa. I apologize that you encountered less than ideal service while staying with us and that no one from my team has responded to your outreach. We pride ourselves on our room cleanliness and the ability to provide a safe resort environment for all our guests. Your comments have been shared with my staff, so thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take your comments to heart, as your feedback will help us improve. As we continue to strive for excellence in service, I welcome the opportunity to speak to you more about your recent resort experience - I may be reached at 262-249-4713.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am a very picky person but this was absolutely one of best places we have ever stayed at!!! From the moment I called to make reservation to the moment we left, everything was absolutely perfect! They treated us like we were the only ones who mattered and made sure that we had everything we could possibly need or want. This was much more than your normal hotel or resort….It was an experience!!! An experience that we will remember for a life time!!!! We can’t wait to get back there! I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for an unforgettable experience!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent posting. I was pleased to read that our “People Pleasing People” service culture was evident during your visit. I am glad that you had a “Grand Experience”. I look forward to your return visit and creating more memorable experiences.

Sincerely -
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

For all the great stories I've heard about the grand Geneva resort, I expected to be a little bit more dazzled by the place itself. Maybe my expectations were set too high, but it didn't feel as relaxing and vacation-like as I had hoped. The suite we had was really cute. That was for sure the best part about this stay - as well as the beautiful little walkways along the golf course. However, you should beware that your room is going to be visited often by little local bugs that - while harmless - are really a nuisance. Also you have to really look out for ticks. Not only did one get on my Husband but one got on our dogs and made it all the way back home with us to Chicago. Didn't really expect that to happen.

The walkways on site in the woods are so-so. For one they're short and second I didn't really feel like I was getting the kind of experience I had expected being in Geneva.

Also the restaurants, while good, are not nearly worth the price. While the service was great at the restaurants, I was served a tuna steak that was simply unserviceable. At the Italian restaurant the food was decent, but certainly not worth the $20 and $30 prices on the menu.

If you stay at this resort I'd recommend making reservations at restaurants and sightseeing offsite. Enjoy the rooms and a few other amenities offered there.

• Stayed November 2012
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Please accept my apologies for the poor overall resort experience you were provided during your recent visit. I assure you that this is not the level of service or product that we provide at The Grand Geneva Resort and Spa. I have shared your feedback with my management team in an effort to enhance our food selections, operating procedures as well as our training programs.

Brett Sundstrom

Been to Grand Geneva Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!