“New Years Done right” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Geneva Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Grand Geneva Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   7036 Grand Geneva Way, at Hwys 50 East & 12, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Lake Geneva
Lincolnshire, Illinois, United States
“New Years Done right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We go to the Grand Geneva a lot during the summer...this was our first trip in the "winter". the staff is always great and with the New Years Eve party..there was a lot going on. I went through the whole resort and there are a lot of things to do in their outdoor space. The sleding, skating and sking were all being used. I think it is a great family escape. The Chop House provides a great dinner

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent posting. I agree that the Grand Geneva is a resort for all seasons. I am honored that you selected the Grand Geneva Resort to celebrate your New Year’s holiday. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Happy New Year!

1,222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Berwyn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The whole property was beautifully decorated for Christmas. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The food was delicious. Buffets were reasonably priced and there were many options to choose from. We will go back next year for Christmas!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent posting. I agree that the Christmas in the Country experience is truly amazing. Thank you for spending your Christmas holiday with us. I look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Happy New Year!
Highland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

What a fantastic getaway. We stayed at the Grand Geneva with our 1 yr old, 4 yr old and 6yr old. Its great to get away and go to a "kid friendly resort" and at the same time have luxury. There is a ton of stuff to do for every age! My 6 yr old and I went skiing on his birthday and he loved it. The other days were spend at the water park or indoor pool. The restaurants on the property are great and very accommodating. We are all gluten free and they were all aware of this kind of lifestyle and had many dining options. We stayed for 3 nights in a premiere suite. The only thing I can say is it was a bit loud at night in the hallways but Im not really sure what you can do about that. All around great stay and highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent posting. I agree that the Grand Geneva resort is the perfect place for families to Rekindle and Renew. Thank you for recognizing our gluten free menu offerings. Our culinary team prides themselves on creating memorable dining experiences for all of our guest’s dietary needs. I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Kindest Regards
Algonquin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I have had the pleausure to stay at this wonderful resort many times. Each time the service and staff seem to get better and better. From Jayson in reservations to Kelly in the Grand cafe to Ed in the lobby bar to Amy in the Chophouse, you have customer service perfected!!! Thank you all for all you do for me and the many guests that are fortunate enough to have a "Grand experience"!!!
Each time we depart, we look forward and make plans to get back there as soon as possible..
Keep up the great job!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for sharing your kind praise for our associates, Jason, Ed, Kelly and Amy. At Marcus Hotels and resorts we are very proud of our hotels, but most proud of our associates who make a commitment to provide exceptional service and memorable experiences for all of our guests. We strive to be “People Pleasers” and are honored you choose to spend the weekend with us at Grand Geneva Resort and Spa.

I have shared your comments with Jason, Ed, Kelly and Amy as well as their managers. I always enjoy the opportunity to let people know that their good work is appreciated and recognized. Each of them was encouraged by your kind words.

Thank you for your candid feedback pertaining to your resort experience
Mundelein, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Grand Geneva is a perfect getaway weekend spot. The entire staff are always on their toes, providing you with wonderful service. I would recommend the Chop House and ask for Beth! The food was incredible and the service was tremendous.

Room Tip: Be sure to book dinner reservations early.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent posting. I was pleased to read that you had a “Grand Experience” during your weekend visit. I have shared your comments with Beth and she was motivated by your appreciation.

Kindest Regards,
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The Grand Geneva has been on my list of hotels to visit for many years and I finally had a chance to stay for several nights of post-Christmas relaxation. I would absolutely return. I particularly enjoyed sitting near the fire with the piano laying, drinking a cocktail from the Lobby Bar. There was a nice variety of food and drink options, from a quick cup of coffee at the Cafe to a terrific meal at the Chophouse, to a late night drink at the resort's "club" Evolve. The fitness facility was an added bonus and I was happy that I could use the Spa's sauna, steam room and whirlpool at any time.

The rooms have been updated and were quite spacious and soundproof between rooms. There were children in the room next to us and I never heard them. The hallways at times were noisy, but that quieted down relatively early in the evening. I loved the modern architecuture and the way the floor to ceiling windows throughout the resort framed the views of the lake and woods.

There are some areas where the resort could improve, but they would not stop me from staying again. The Lobby Bar was incorrectly staffed and it took a lot of work to get a drink, even when sitting at the bar. The WIFI was very slow in building 5 and I had to go to the Main Building to have a proper connection. Our massages were a disappointment. I was never given a form to fill out prior to the massage so I had to do it in the massage room, then during the massage I felt like more time was spent adjusting sheets and getting massage oil than actually giving me a massage. My partner described his massage as "clunky".

Still, the grounds at the Grand Geneva are beautiful and it offers families and couples a lot of entertainment options. I highly recommend a weekend getaway - there is something for everyone at the Grand Geneva.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a detailed posting, your review will be beneficial to all of our future guests. I have shared your feedback with my management team in an effort to enhance our operating procedures as well as our training programs.

Kindest Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Went to the Grand Geneva Resort for a week long business meeting. I was quite impressed with the serenity of the place, definitely great to get away from the day to day hassles...I had first a junior suite, but really far from the lobby and dark, so I ask for a better one, and they gave me a nice, very bright suite with a beautiful view on the pond and the golf course. Worth to ask pond-view rooms, the others face the parking lot...Food is average, they have a good sample of wines at the bar. The nicest place is the fire place outside (OK a gas fireplace but still worth to sit around), where you can chat with friends. if it is too cold, they will provide you a plaid. Finally, for the sports-fan, they have an amazing installation, with a great swimming pool for laps, indoor tennis courts and basket ball...and of course gym. All that to be followed by a spa that is well equipped, the attendant in the morning (forgot his name, sorry) was very customer-friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for such a detailed posting your review will be beneficial to all of our future guests. I agree that the Grand Geneva is truly a resort for all seasons.

Been to Grand Geneva Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!