“Wonderful getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Duffy's Cottages & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Geneva
Duffy's Cottages & Suites
W4086 Lake Shore Drive, Lake Geneva, WI 53147   |
Ranked #10 of 14 hotels in Lake Geneva
chardon, oh
“Wonderful getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

This is the second trip we've made to Duffy's Cottages. What a terrific place to stay! The cottages are clean and spacious, well equipped, and the proprietor wonderfully friendly and accomodating. Duffy's is a perfect place for a small family reunion, the beach is right across the street, and the residential streets surrounding the well landscaped property are a perfect place for a morning run, walk, or bike ride This sure beats staying in a chain hotel! If you want to stay away from the hustle of Lake Geneva, but have the nearby towns a few minutes away, you should consider Duffy's! I love this place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
duffpub, Owner at Duffy's Cottages & Suites, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
thanks for your review, and we hope to see you here at Duffys soon

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Duffys Pub and Cottages is a great place to stay me and my family love going to Lake Geneva and the cottages are a great place to come back to after a busy day! The Duffys are very accommodating and friendly! Try it the next time you go!

• Stayed November 2013
thanks for sharing your experience and we will see you again next year !
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I usually don't do online reviews, but this place was fantastic. My family and I have done many similar trips over the past 10 years and Duffy's was just terrific. Wonderful location, well manicured beach and nice fishing. Tons of movies and games when the kids need down time. Only negatives are that campfires aren't allowed and the coffee makers took forever to brew a pot. Definitely plan on returning in 2014.

Room Tip: Cabin #1 is more modern and has a bigger living area. Cabins #2 and #3 still have everything you ne...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
West Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family and I stayed at Duffy's over the Memorial Day weekend and we enjoyed every moment! The location (right across the street from the lake) provided a beautiful view from our cabin porch and made for lovely walks along the lake. The cabin was clean and well stocked (cookware, grill implements, movies, games, etc.) (Note: no oven.) Our Duffy's hosts were also incredibly kind and accommodating. We enjoyed being close (only 10-15 minute drive) to downtown Lake Geneva... but most of all we enjoyed spending time on the porch of the cabin. Thanks Duffy's!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
duffpub, Owner at Duffy's Cottages & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review, and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you again soon.

Duffy
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I happened across Duffys in an online search looking for a weekend getaway from the business of Chicago. It looked quaint and affordable. It was so much better than I had expected. I had come in the off season, sort of expecting the resort to have the "winter rust still on", but I was so very pleasantly surprised. Everything was immaculate, with that cottage feel. The owners were extremely friendly, and attentive. Definitely going above and beyond to ensure the comfort of their guests. We enjoyed my stay so much we are going back 3 weeks later, just after memorial day to enjoy the "on season". This is the perfect weekend getaway. whether it be sunsets, grilling, relaxing, fishing(I caught my first musky here last week), or just to plain old get away, Duffys is the place to go!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
duffpub, Owner at Duffy's Cottages & Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind review, and we are looking forward to your return visit.
May the fish be with you !
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Gosh I do not know where to begin. My boyfriend and I decided to take a much needed break from the real world for the weekend. The Duffys are down-to-earth and very personable. The cottage was so cozy and relaxing. We had an excellent view of Lake Como where people were ice fishing and engaged in other recreational activities. Local residents were so friendly. My boyfriend even barbecued in the cold! We enjoyed our stay there so much that we were not even "bummed out" after the Packers lost.... well, okay, maybe a little :(. We were so impressed how the Duffys thought of everything to make this a home away from home (this is huge since it takes a lot to impress my boyfriend). The place was so neat and clean that we were encouraged to leave it the way we found it. We are already organizing another trip there in the next couple of months. It is not enough space here to express how much I love this place. Thank you so much Mr. & Mrs. Duffy. See you soon! Will bring the fishing pole next time.....Glenda & Mark

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Duffy7100, Owner at Duffy's Cottages & Suites, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thanks so much for the nice review, glad you enjoyed ... see you soon.
Lindenhurst, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

After reading all the reviews about Duffy's Cottage's, my fiance and I were really excited to get away from Illinois this past Labor Day weekend. I honestly have no idea who wrote the positive reviews below, but our experience was terrible to say the least. As soon as we arrived, the place was completely deserted and there was no one in sight. After about an hour and a half, one of the owners finally showed up, and was unapologetic about making us wait around to be let into our room. Once we got inside our "cottage" I instantly wanted to leave. The place is a dump, the room was completely outdated and looked like it hadn't been cleaned or used in years. Sheets were yellow and stained, shower knobs were covered in rust and it smelled of mildew. After getting settled my fiance and I went to explore the local area. There were absolutely NO activities within miles of this place. Downtown Lake Geneva happened to be way more than a "15 minute" walk and the pub that was boasted about below is full of drunks. Needless to say we ended up cutting our stay short and moved to Geneva Ridge Resort, which was a little more pricey, but completely worth every penny.
I do not recommend Duffy's Cottages to anyone, and I am pretty sure their "cottages and suites" should be looked at by health inspectors, this place is disgusting, the owners are rude and negligent, and this place is a scam.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Duffy7100, Owner at Duffy's Cottages & Suites, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
This review is complete lies from start to finish.
This person has never stayed here ! I have a strong feeling it was submitted by an employee of another hotel in the area. We were in fact closed to the public on the dates mentioned in the review ... for a charity event, so they couldn't even pick the right weekend to lie about !

Please read our other reviews to get a true feel for our place ....thanks Duffy

Been to Duffy's Cottages & Suites? Share your experiences!