“Wonderful food, different options for everyone!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: Vegan
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Dessert
Description: We're a popular and frequent stop for families (some in the second generation!) craving healthier food and a respite from chain restaurants. We feature lunch and dinners served in a warm, well-lit, converted old cheese factory building surrounded by lush summer gardens. We offer freshly made, delicious vegan non-GMO meals made from scratch, a kids menu, scrumptious vegan non-GM0 bakery desserts, and fresh cappuccinos served at an old-fashioned soda fountain. Our friendly wait staff looks forward to your visit!! Find us one mile off I90/94, exit 92N or 89N - next to the Wilderness Resort, and just down the street from the Tanger Mall, Great Wolfe Lodge, Mt. Olympus and the Wilderness Resort. We're open all four seasons of the year. Check website for hours.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful food, different options for everyone!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Cheese cheese cheese! The food here was wonderful and everyone in my family enjoyed it. I can't remember exactly what we had, but I know it was all very good. We had dessert too, and that was good as well. Oh, wait, I do remember. I had one of the pizzas, and loved it. My son had a veggie burger which he loved, I remember my husband raving about their cheese soup. Everything was tasty!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

fairmont wv
“Poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The waiter was charming but had a poor memory. Had to be asked several times for help with service. Food was excellent, as other years. Hope it continues to stay open.

St. Paul, MN
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

You don't need to be a vegetarian to eat here. Great food for vegetarians and omnivores alike. the firecracker tofu appetizer was amazing. So was the vegetarian reuben.

Guelph, Canada
“Awesome find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I spent a few days in The Dells for a conference I was attending. We found this place by flipping through the AAA Tour Book for Wisconsin. Being vegetarian we decided to give it a try and man were we not disappointed! We liked it so much we ate here both evenings we were in town.

The place is set up like an old restaurant with a jukebox and a soda fountain bar. The first night we ate here I had the excellent chimichanga and my wife had a coconut vegetable bowl. Both were just fantastic!

The second visit I got the grilled cheese sandwich and my wife got the vegetarian Reuben. Both of these were very flavorful.

The place was busy and I think it is very popular with the locals. There were also lots of families there looking for a break from the fast food joints that dominate the town.

Overall I highly recommend The Cheese Factory and my wife is already talking about going back!

West Bend
“Trust the Cheese Factory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

A nice clean place that is a nice respite from all the chains. Good food, lots of vegetarian options, lovely desserts, fancy coffees and ice cream treats. Very friendly and been in business over 20 years. If you want to escape the commercialization of the Dells, try it!

• Visited August 2013