“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Cheeze Factory Restaurant welcomes you and your family to a delicious and memorable vegan dining experience. Our menu offers freshly prepared vegan, non-GMO and gluten-sensitive dishes from our own recipes, and 'to-drive-for' cakes, pies and cookies from our in-house bakery. We also feature a premium Cappuccino and Espresso bar. Our fresh, healthy and satisfying meals are served up in a warm, bright and enjoyable atmosphere. A Rock-Ola jukebox adds a touch of nostalgia from the golden age of jazz. Our staff take great pleasure in serving you and in helping to make your experience one that stands out in your visit to Wisconsin Dells. We hope you will find the Cheeze Factory Restaurant a refreshingly different and creative dining experience! We are staffed by teachers and students of A Course in Miracles. Some have come from around the world and some from just down the road. To find out more about A Course in Miracles and its healing and enlightening power, visit our A Course In Miracles International website.
Illinois
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were traveling with a vegetarian friend, and so decided to eat here. We were not expecting much, being avid meat eaters, but loved the food here. We had the grilled cheese, which was wonderful, the mediterranean medley, which was out of this world, with wonderful hummus, and two kids grilled cheeses. We all loved the food and the friendly service. We will be back!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Chicago
“Odd experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

While visiting the Dells we were hoping for good Wisconsin fare. I visited this restaurant and while it was cute and nice inside, they did not have any meat on the menu. I only stayed and tried the food to give it a chance. I went with their promoted Rachel Ray's grilled cheese and salad. The salad was good and the grilled cheese was o.k. Service was a bit odd as the hostess went out of her way to tell everyone the food was very good while seating them. Then there was the weirdo music being played. Then the server spoke very quietly and acted weird. It made us feel uncomfortable. If you do not eat meat and want a strange experience, you might like this place, otherwise choose somewhere else as we will not be going back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Kipp J
“Amazing food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I was shocked how great the food was. At first I was hesitant about coming to a vegetarian/vegan joint because I'm a big meat eater. But the atmosphere was very cozy and the wait staff was attentive. I had the goat roast appetizer, mushroom stroganoff entrée, and a chocolate malt. All looked great and tasted even better. I recommend this place to anyone in the Dells or to anyone passing through.

Jackson, Wisconsin
“They serve a very good breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a delicious breakfast this weekend. We both had omelettes that were served with a side of really good seasoned potatoes and a croissant. Juice and coffee too. Service attentive. Attractive light open dining room

“Has potential... But”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I'll admit I'm a harsh critic. Then again this is Wisconsin Dells we are talking about. I'm very surprised this place gets all the good reviews it gets. Not because its HORRIBLE or anything, just surprised....

First off I'll say this.

Pros:
1. I've traveled all over the world and the hummus this place dishes out is some of the best I've had in the US. Tastes a lot like the hummus of the Middle East. That's the only reason I gave this place a 3. Amazing hummus, to the point I went back at lunch to get a hummus order to go even after the bad experience this morning. I'll probably get home hummus tomorrow.
2. They comped our coffees and gave us a 10% off coupon for our next experience
3. This place has the healthiest options in town if you are wanting to get away from the rest of the garbage this town has to offer. You can get quality "real food"

Cons:
1. Place was freezing. Where we sat, it had to be below 50F
2. They forgot our coffee drinks
3. All omelets (although okay in taste) came out luke warm
4. Server continued to interrupt me and try and finish my sentences (the lady at the front desk did the same when I returned to pick up the hummus at lunch). Personally, I understand this culturally. In European culture things are done differently. However, we in America...middle of Wisconsin of all places. Don't tell me what I want. Your job is to listen and give me what I ask for.
5. For the 9am breakfast rush they had 1 server. Not enough.
6. Explain to your customers what a "soda fountain" is. (I knew,'but I'm sure most are confused). Maybe sell it as "our expresso bar".

Good luck!