“Delicious Vegetarian and Vegan Food (Great Breakfast)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 24 restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: Vegan
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Dessert
Description: We're a popular and frequent stop for families (some in the second generation!) craving healthier food and a respite from chain restaurants. We feature lunch and dinners served in a warm, well-lit, converted old cheese factory building surrounded by lush summer gardens. We offer freshly made, delicious vegan non-GMO meals made from scratch, a kids menu, scrumptious vegan non-GM0 bakery desserts, and fresh cappuccinos served at an old-fashioned soda fountain. Our friendly wait staff looks forward to your visit!! Find us one mile off I90/94, exit 92N or 89N - next to the Wilderness Resort, and just down the street from the Tanger Mall, Great Wolfe Lodge, Mt. Olympus and the Wilderness Resort. We're open all four seasons of the year. Check website for hours.
Provo, Utah, United States
“Delicious Vegetarian and Vegan Food (Great Breakfast)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Came here for a breakfast after some great watermark fun! This place was recommended and we were not disappointed! The service was great. We started with some of their hot chocolates. They were smooth creamy and delicious.

I ordered the Mediterranean Omelette. Having recently traveled to Greece the Feta and Kalamata Olives brought me back. The pesto sauce added great flavor. The vegetables were fresh, and al dente. Others in our party ordered some of the sausage. I haven't ever tried vegan sausage, but it was delicious. The eggs Benedict with it's 'ham' was also salty, crisp, and very fabulous.

I will definitely return again next time to Wisconsin dells.

84% Recommend
Urbana, Illinois
“Awesome Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The food is awesome. Lots to choose from. My whole family love this place. The serve was the best, very friendly staff and the owners are so nice. And awesome deserts.

Visited June 2012
“Food great. Cookie outstanding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Based on recommendations we stopped here for lunch on trip from MPLS to MKE. Curry vegetable soup was good. I would have appreciated more seasoning however. The big cheese sandwich was good but not outstanding. The Greek salad was outstanding and we appreciated the beets and candied walnuts as a great addition to the traditional salad. Took the maple walnut cookie to go. My husband said he would return when able for another cookie. Service was good. Atmosphere was great. Will return

“Healthy alternatives- finally!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Very refreshing to get a meal that is actually good for you! I ate here twice and enjoyed itboth times. The servers are a little weird but the food is flavorful.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Family Favorite for years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Locally owned, The Cheese Factory Restaurant used to be a cheese factory - hence the name. It is a gem in this very busy tourist area. It is off the beaten path a bit. Not by the water parks, but it is not far. We have been coming here for years. I used come to the Dells for meetings & we always came here for lunch. I introduced my husband to this fabulous place, but I did not tell him it was a vegetarian restaurant, until after we had finished our food. He liked it anyway. We have ordered The Big Cheese many times - it is very tasty indeed. It is so big, that two could share it. It comes with a salad. I always always always get a cup of their famous Wisconsin beer cheese soup to go along with The Big Cheese. They make it better than anyone out there. Sometimes we come for breakfast which is served it until 2 pm. I have also ordered a stir fry and one of their pasta dishes. You will want to leave room for dessert. Have a look at the desserts before you order! Our favorites have been the Princess Cake, Cloud 9, & Carrot Cake. They even offer a Soy shake. It you don't have room for dessert, take it with you for later.

They also have some Gluten-Free choices on their menu, including a pizza. Kids love coming here because they have a really fun menu. The highlight is the kid's funcakes (cupcakes decorated just for children)!

Check out their web site for pictures of the food and their menu. The location is good - not far off the interstate.

• Visited August 2012