“Best steak I have ever had” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Del-Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Hiawatha Drive
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
“Best steak I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went here on New Year's Eve for supper. The place was packed and I was glad I had reservations.

We were greeted right away, while they got our table ready they had us check our coats. We were then seated almost immediately. Service was a little slow at first. Seemed like it took a long time to get a couple drinks to the table but to the servers credit his feet never stopped moving an the table behind us was rather difficult from the requests I could hear them making.

We got our drinks. The impressive thing is that all the beers on tap are from Wisconsin, at least I am impressed by that. We ordered a shrimp appetizer that seemed a little over priced for $9 but after taking a bite of it, I have to say it was one of the best tasting shrimp I have ever had.

Both my wife and I got the chef's special steak that was being served that night. It was cooked perfect and exactly the way we requested them. You can tell the chef's know just exactly how much heat to apply to the steak. Now after the first bite I was wowed by the steak. I quickly took another bite just to be sure but this would rank in the top 3 steaks I have had in my life. The steak also came with a salad and choice of potato but those pale in comparison to the quality of the steak. You also get a few bread rolls as well.

Now the price I know is a turn off for some but you do gets your money's worth with the food.

Overall it was a great experience that was topped by some top notch food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Waukegan
“A Dining Experience To Remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

First let me say that I love to cook and I am known for my (amateur) culinary skills. However, my wife and I also dine out quite a bit. Living in the Northern Chicago suburbs for over 50 years we have had the pleasure of some pretty fine dining experiences. We were in the "Dells" recently for our annual Christmas family reunion (30 people). My wife and I and two grown sons came up a day early to relax a little before the hardy partying began. We have visited the Dells twice a year for many years and we have been to just about evey restaurant in the area with some hits and misses. We have been to the Del Bar 3 or 4 times in the past and we have always had a pleasant dining experience. THIS TIME WAS AWESOME !. Our waitress, Bonnie, was one of the most pleasant "professional" wait staff I have ever enjoyed. EVERYTHING we ordered from cocktails, wine, appetizers, salads, sides, to the main course to desserts, coffee and cordials was exactly as ordered. In a thousand dining experiences at hundreds of resturants, I can't remember if this has ever happened to me before. We all ordered steaks, 3 different styles, all medium rare. They were each cooked to perfection and everyone at the table marveled that their steak had to be the best they can remember.Truely, these steaks equaled anything I have eaten at the more famous Chicago Steak Houses. Yes, 2 leaisurely hours of drinks, appetizers, meal, and desserts we spent some money, but it was worth every penny. And Bonnie is a waitress we all wish we could have every time we dined out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Necedah, Wisconsin
“Classy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Had we known this was a more upscale restaurant we would not have stopped with our two over-tired children. Everyone assured us it was okay and thankfully they sat us in the back (must be the kid zone because other families with little kids were sat back there as well). Our waitress was very kind and the food was delicious. I ordered the fish fry, it was a generous portion and my husband's scallops were cooked perfectly. It would have been a little more enjoyable as a quiet dinner with the hubs - maybe next time!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ENDEAVOR
“Very Enjoyable Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Met friends here for dinner and a very nice experience. Was greeted by woman at bar and came right over to see what we wanted. Came and checked on us many times. Very nice waitress!! I had Pan fried walleye and it was excellent. Might be best walleye have had. Everyone was happy with food and our cozy table by fireplace. Beautiful place and very relaxing. A little pricey, but it is the Dells and one of the finer dining places there! Would recommend!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madison WI
“Great classic supper club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Eating here is a great experience. Good cocktails, great service and food. On top of all this it's a classic supper club with a great atmosphere.